1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter???!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Feb 9, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

@Diamond why the dislike?

2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I cant find where I posted a dislike in this thread, maybe you can show it to me???

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

atings for post #45
    Thread:

Joey Porter???!!!
    [​IMG] Dislike x 1
    Diamond

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I honestly dont remember posting it, I always post dislikes with a red X, just ignore it, possibly was intended for another post, some days my meds are in control, just my excuse.......

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Listening to the podcast on Steelers Depot, Dave and Dave said they where very sketical on evaluating position coaches because you don't know how much coaching goes into players and the draft analysis in choosing players and where the blame falls.

That being said I have to some what disagree. Richard Mann has had some turds come through as receivers. But he has improved the majority of what was handed to him from the scouts and draft.

Mike Munchak has had some turds come through as our offensive line coach and could not improved based on his teaching and instructions. But his prize possession has to AV. Or how about the LT before him. I don't think he was there when we had Mike Adams. But the majority of who is in his care turns out pretty well or moves on and sticks with a team.

Now, Carnell Lake, was giving some turds but some of these individuals don't make ANY improvements or make it out of camp before being cut. I think he was part of the draft process and had to see film on Hawthorne, Brown, Gholson, Grant to determine how good these guys would be. But no development what so ever from either or other guys is telling.

Finally, Joey Porter, three first round OLB picks and two could be on the verge of not making it to the 5th year option. Is it draft evaluation or development? Have we seen any development in any of the OLBs? Chick, Wyatt, Dupree, Jones and I would say even Moats in though he is a veteran but seems like he only performs in the preseason against scrubs. I don't see these guys improving.

Lake and Porter should of shown some improvement in their players. Munchak and Mann showed vast improvements in theirs. Bryant improvement for the WRs, Brown improved, AV improved, Gilbert, Hubbard.

Draft evaluation or coaches development?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This team has always struggled drafting CB's and Safties the past 20 years.

On the flip side we are money when drafting a WR in almost any round.

It is hard to tell how good a positional coach actually is. I do know Munch greatly improved our offensive line though. Those guys to a man are on their details, and back ups meet the challenge when they are called upon to play.

To me scouting the players to fit your system is key as well. You got to know what makes a guy tick before you draft him.

7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    To me, I haven't seen not even 1 OLB who has improved from their Ist year under Porters tutelage. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Great story Sarge.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Xtreme vetting should be done on every ball player Steelers are looking at. Scouts/ representatives should be talking

to all people that is associated with this possible pick.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    More like the past 10 years on Safeties. Troy Polamalu and Chris Hope were pretty good, last time I checked.

11. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Scrolling on my phone, I will inadvertently hit an emoji/response. I believe I catch it most of the time.