1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Steelers regular season game ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by D2boot83, Feb 10, 2018.

1. D2boot83

D2boot83 New Member

Jan 30, 2016
    If we can all agree that the Ravens (W39-38) and the Patriots (L24-27) games were the most exciting Steelers games this season, which other one did you guys enjoy the most ?

The 19-13 win against the lossless Chiefs in week 5 ?
    The 31-28 win against the Packers in week 12 ?
    The 23-20 win against the Bengals in week 13 ?
    an other one ?

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Week 1 against Cleveland. TJ Watt showing flashes of how good he really is going to be.

The ions game AKA Juju’s coming out party.

3. D2boot83

D2boot83 New Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Really ? The lousy Week 1 game where we had trouble beating a team that finally went 0-16 is the game you enjoyed the most this season ?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I enjoyed the blocked punt, the defense getting after people, TJ getting two sack and an interception. It may not move the needle as far as heart pounding skin of their teeth wins but it was Watt serving notice, it was AB showing he was going to be the best again that season and a defensive showing that said there is a world of possibilities. I tend to have a different set of standards then most.

5. D2boot83

D2boot83 New Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Those are good points.
    I have recorded all Steelers games on my computer, I'm wondering which ones to keep to watch again during the offseason :)

6. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    2nd Ravens game all the way.

I remember being sickened the week before during the Bengals win. Great win but losing Shazier was stomach turning.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    KC at KC especially the way the Chefs manhandled the Patsies in Week 1. Unfortunately, a short-lived delirium relative to the horrid play in the two Jags games and the heartbreaking Pats loss.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The jags game because I knew we would get revenge lol

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Probably the Lions game for me.

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If we are counting out the Ravens game, then I have 2.

1 would be the Lions game. It was priceless to watch MBs face on the sidelines while JU JU kept making play after play. Talk about getting served crow. Lol

2 would be the Vikings game. I knew the Vikings were going to have a good team last season. That defense has quietly been a top 3 defense for the last few years. I thought we manhandled them. No one wanted to give the Steelers credit for that win. I never really understood why. I know they didn't have Bradford, but they did have Davin Cook still at that point. It was a bigger win than anyone gave it credit for.

11. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I liked both Jacksonville games and the Patriots game since they let the Steelers know they have ways to go to become a really good team. Winning 13 games is great, but you can't win the Super Bowl by simply thinking you are the best. You have to beat the best. Hopefully these games will tone down the unwarranted arrogance and childish behavior. Maybe next year they will be more mature and have a business-like approach to winning the Super Bowl. OK, OK! I also enjoyed the Cinncy game that JuJu laid out Burfict. I did love that. Definitely my favorite play of the season.

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Titans game. Low stress... everything seemed to be clicking.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I understand this is not going to be a popular opinion but the final game of the season was my favorite overall.

Yes, yes. I enjoyed the second Ravens game, the Packers game and Chiefs game, but the second Browns game caught my eye more than those games put together from both an entertainment and growth standpoint.

From JuJu further boosting his stardom to even seeing what the future holds along the interior with B.J. Finney and finally observing how far Landry Jones has come were all bright spots for me. We did see some James Conner but sadly, we did not get to see a full showcasing of it.

For me, while games such as Baltimore and Green Bay had far more implications upon the playoffs, the season finale against Cleveland showed me that the future is looking bright at some positions and retains stability in others; a hallmark of the organization.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I liked that game because the offense finally delivered to it's potential. Problem is, that's the game where the D started to implode.

15. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    That was my favorite game too!!! The reason is because it was the first game that didn't require 50mgs of valium to keep my blood pressure below stroke levels.