1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    JH is only good for hitting people , he won't last a min in a Normal functioning society.

2. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    You're probably right, but if I saw him today, I'd surely tell him to go fk himself right to his face.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    It still may be, not necessarily by me - I tend to hold less hatred towards to the Pats than the average Steeler fan. But most Steeler fans I know LOATH everything Patriot - Hoodie, Brady, Kraft and Gronk. He did seem a step slow, as one could imagine being 39. He did impact a few plays - making that one screen pass take a second longer which ended up being a loss of yardage because he was there. I think they said he planned on playing next year...for who? I don't see it.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Here's the deal on that. Tomlin doesn't have to play anybody if he don't want to for any reason he wants. You and I may not like it, but that's the way it is. On the flip side JH does have to act professional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    That statement is very true however if Tomlin is not playing a guy cause he don't want to that is just dumb, why have a guy on the team? As for JH acting professional I will say it again it is all about believing who you want to. You want to believe Dupree and MP then your gonna be a hater and feel pissed about JH. If you want to believe Heyward then your gonna be a supporter and side with JH. Me my opinion is believing Heyward over Dupree and Pouncey. Also how come we haven't heard Watt say anything bad? Here is what was said on that:

"I didn't help Bud or TJ? Ask TJ if I helped him."

Watt was asked by a reporter, both if he read Harrison's post and if Harrison "helped" him. Watt quickly answered, "I'm not going to talk about him."

Let me add what Ben had to say:

James has to do what James has to do. It's not like he called and asked me if he should or not," Roethlisberger said, via ESPN.com. "James was out there -- he's a free agent, he has to do what's best for him and his family. I wish him the best. I've had a lot of good years with him."

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Really dont know how any of that backs up your version of events :lolol:

Its just people taking the high road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Or is it players not wanting to take the players side and go against their employer.......that is what we don't know just like we don't know JH was a bad teammate.

If people want to be mad cause he went to the Cheats that is fine I just can't see why them same people are not mad that this team allowed it to happen.

If JH was half as bad as many here say I am sure the team would have done something not just at week 14 or 15 whenever it was.....

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You are seriously in denial bro.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    As is you, why cause we don't agree? We both have our right of opinion and what we believe I choose to believe the good stuff with proof behind it. And again I am not saying JH was 100% right, like I have said many times it takes 2. Both sides should be ashamed of themselves......jmo

Like Blast has said I am glad it is over and we can now move on.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Agree. I think Tomlin blew it by not playing him. JH appears to have been a pouting ass, forcing the cut. Once he was cut, he was free to do what he wants. In the end, he blew his legacy for many and didn't get a ring, so he may look back and regret it all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Because you are discrediting the stuff he did as made up.
    Sleeping in meetings, skipping practice. When he did speak he didn't dispute any of that stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I must of been watching a different super bowl game. Harrison was putting a lot more pressure on the Eagles QB then Dupree did most of the year.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Again these things were reported by who...........this stuff don't get past the media if JH missed practice they would be all over it drooling for some juicy story.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Harrison’s biggest highlight of Super Bowl LII may have been him getting trapped inside during a second quarter outside run by Eagles running back LeGarrette Blount that resulted in a 21-yard touchdown for the former member of the Patriots. The other Sunday night highlight for Harrison was him attempting to get long strings of confetti off himself as he was walking off the field immediately after the Eagles beat the Patriots.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/james-harrison-non-factor-patriots-likely-final-nfl-game/

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And he's leaving empty handed...hope you got what you wanted James and I hope it was worth it!!! No Ring and hell no you can't come crawling back to the Steelers!!! Enjoy retirement unless the desperate Cardinals pick you up!!!:dancing:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He got a couple more game checks.
    That’s about it.

18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He made an extra 138 K in playoff money.........

19. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There’s one college fund.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So you're saying that none of that stuff is true?

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That cant be! He was pressuring Foles all night! :lolol:

Yeah that sums up what I saw of JH during the game, very little. I particularly like this little tidbit:

In the three playoff games that Harrison played in for the Patriots he registered just 8 tackles and 3 quarterback hits in 130 total snaps played, which was more than four times the amount of snaps he played for the Steelers during the 2017 regular season.

And that was rushing the QB everytime he dropped back, something he doesnt do here.

Tomlin right, fans wrong.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Probably has to pay taxes in every city as well. Either way you slice it was never about money and he lost way more money in the long run. Hope he enjoys NE when they cut his ass and you know he will be one of the first ones cut.

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Have you not read what I have been posting??????? The are 2 sides to this I think both had blame but I disagree with everyone who wants to hate just on JH. I by no means think JH was innocent but I also don't think he was wrong either.

24. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I dunno guys... he got to play and play for a contender. Everything I heard/read tells me he was competitor who wanted to compete. He was riding the bench with us and got to play with them. Did he act unprofessionally? Seems clear he did and that alone is enough to taint his legacy but if folks are focusing on whether he got anything out of the move... f*ck yeah he did.... i doubt very much the money had anything to do with it... the guy just wanted to play ball while he still felt he could.

I'm sitting at home recovering from (and trying to avoid being depressed by) my 8th damn knee operation... i'm betting i have some sense of what's going through his mind about want to play while he can! Plus, how many of you would want to stay on a job where you felt you could play a bigger role... i've certainly moved on when it was time to (of course I didn't start acting like an ass in meetings so they would fire me but I've never been trapped in a contract either)

• Like Like x 1
  25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Okay Blast, as one of the longest threads this year, you were close to having the last word, so I copied this for you so that you can respond and have last word. lol :roflmao::hehehe:

• Winner Winner x 1