1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
  3. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Watching the game I didn't see much from him, he set the edge a few times but overall I though he missed a few tackles and looked slow. I watched the SB against the Cards the other day. I can't hate a guy who made that play possibly the greatest defensive play ever in a SB.

I think the tank is close to empty and no amount of lifting heavy weights will make him any faster next year. Thanks for the good memories JH.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Harrison was washed out quite often today. He looks like a sad puppy with no home.

Either he needs the cash or he just can’t let football go

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He didn’t have any backside pursuit on several of those inside runs. Looked like he tried to go around a few blockers instead of his through.

He did get some pressure though, but they didn’t attack his side when they knew he was coming. Patriots didn’t ask him to cover though. If he had to drop and cover it would have looked worse.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree and now that football season is over I am too but I don't have hate for him. Now let's worry more about fixing our team so next year we aren't watching him but he is watching us. :thumbs_up:

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Kinda reminded me of someone else if I could only put my finger on it................48!!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Heres the bottom line, Tomlin was right to let him go. He provided as little production as a player possibly could for NE.

He quit on his teammates here when he could have stuck around. Maybe there would be an injury or maybe he would have gotten his number called although I doubt the later with as awful he looked last night and wasnt even asked to drop into coverage which he absolutely would have been called to do here.

Glad the saga is over, glad he stunk it up last night and glad he didnt get a ring.

When he comes back for a JH appreciation day (if they even give him one now) Ill cheer for him for what he meant to the team in his prime but as far as he how he ended it? Total ******* in my book. Go ahead, smash your ratings button, I know how you hate me saying anything negative about him :hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    James looked old and slow, the Eagles back up kept him at bay for most of the game. That’s not to mention the tackle he missed. He wants to play next year, and he may do that, he just doesn’t fit the direction we need to go.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That is your opinion and your right to it I disagree with it 100%. I am not apposed to you saying anything negative about him what I am opposed to is the fact everyone wants to put this on JH and Tomlin and everyone else get a pass....BULL ****IN ****!!!!! I think both have their share of this however all JH need was some playing time and for some reason he didn't get it.

As for him not getting a ring I am there beating the drum with ya, all day long on this. I hated seeing him there last night, but to say he stunk up the joint is wrong too. The guy missed tackles but he did have push and one heck of a bull rush....still! No sacks that's right but he was in the back field enough to notice.....again he did miss tackles but my point remains he looked a lot like a certain # 48 last night!

And Blast I too am glad the saga is over as well now we can worry about our rebuild.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Because the Steelers were completely in the right to let him go. He couldn't do anything they wanted him to. Anybody who watched him play with the Pats could tell you this. He couldn't set the edge, horrible in coverage, and a shell of himself when bull rushing. He had a few garbage time sacks against the Jets in a pointless game and a strip against the Jags.

So the Steelers were suppose to bench Watt for this? Suspend him for his antics and ruin his legacy without his own doing? He did that all on his own. They could have went the Patriots route with Butler and let him play 17 out of 18 games and just to bench him in the Super Bowl?

Steelers handled this correctly. Screw that one play and you should hate him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yep that's right keep picking and choosing what you want to believe, garbage time sacks whatever like I said above it was a two way street......

13. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Harrison didn't get playing time because the Steelers have two 1st round draft picks that they are trying to develop. Those players are younger, taller, and faster players than Harrison. They need to give those players every opportunity to develop. Harrison was an insurance player in case Watt didn't develop or injury.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    What's your argument? All they had to do was give him some snaps or split it? They let him play late in the year and they got ran all over. Plus, Harrison seems like an all or nothing guy to me. It was garbage it was the Jets. He made 1 play in 3 playoff games.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This.

In my opinion, Harrison should not be welcomed back to Pittsburgh when he retires. He's a selfish traitor, plain and simple.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not here to argue that point, no way should have JH been a starter or split time. There was plenty of opportunity for JH to be put in as they were using a rotation at times, every player isn't going to play 100% of the snaps. People here said he couldn't cover and he could only play one side, no that was not the case as right out of the box for the Pat's he did both. As far as insurance policy I think not cause we all heard how in the beginning of the season the Steelers we sitting JH to "keep his legs fresh" for the playoff run. That is why imo this all hit the fan cause JH knew he wasn't part of Tomlin's plan anymore.

There were times Jh could have been given a hat and played a few snaps. jmo

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    My argument is if given some playing time he would have been fine. You say he can't play but when he does you call it garbage time, no way. That was our old STARTING LT Beachum that he was going against and I don't care what anyone say these are still nfl players......even the Browns. We were defiantly watching two different playoff game then if you think he only made one play. Heck last night as bad as he played he still was at least getting pressure.

Like I said before everyone has their opinion and that is fine but for people to keep putting this ONLY on JH is wrong. There are 2 sides in this and both are at fault. I was not happy watching JH play with that ****ty uniform last night but it is what it is man, the Steelers cut him. jmo

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    That's speculation and not fact

19. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

No he does not want to go back being a bus driver....

• Like Like x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Nope not speculation just denial by the people who don't want to believe the truth, from JH himself:

If anybody thought I signed a two year deal with a team in the NFL at age 39 to sit on the bench and collect a check and a participation trophy, they're mistaken. I didn't sign up to sit on the bench and be a cheerleader. I was clear about that when I signed and I was told I would be on the field when I signed. When I was asking for reps in camp, I got none. I got lip service though: We know what you can do - you don't need the reps. But i know what my body needs in order to be in shape to compete, and I said so, but still zero reps

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That we can agree on!

Although I dont think we are in a rebuild? Solid draft and they will be fine. Maybe Khan can work some cap magic and bring in a FA too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I didn't mean a rebuild like that I meant plugging holes and fixing what needs to be fixed. :smiley1:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I ain't gonna lie: I didn't know how I would feel if Pats won or lost when it came to Harrison, but seeing him yank the green confetti off his jersey, seemingly angry, made me smile.

I know our coach/GM/Rooney screwed up the JH situation badly, especially considering he would have produced better than Dupree, but all of that said going to our most-hated rivals (this side of Balt.) was extra classless. He was once tied with Lloyd as my all-time favorite Steeler, but racing to become a Pat, in the end, made me glad he lost. Watching him pull that confetti off his shoulder did indeed bring a grin to my face.

James, there is something called class. And spitting in the face of a team who helped you become famous and rich, beyond your dreams, ain't it. I understand why you got pissed about being lied to and strung along but you didn't need to do what you did. You could have had a lifetime key to the city, but not now. You couldn't open a hot dog stand in da Burg the way I see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He looked old to me last nigh. Missed a bunch of tackles early

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm happy for James that the Pats lost. Now that the Patriots lost I think eventually all we be forgiven. If he would have won a Super Bowl with the Pats his legacy here would have forever been tarnished.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1