1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The season starts now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Edson Cardona, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Edson Cardona

Edson Cardona Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :herewego!: por el 7mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Now let's go get some freaking players who know how to play defense!!! :steelflag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Not for nothing but we did hold NE to 27 points.

But yeah, we definitely need some players :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have said it before they need to start building a team and working towards the goal of winning the Super Bowl from today on. No more well we are going to do what we do. Exit interviews should include a workout regimen, nutritional information, and focus focus focus

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Only an estimated 173 days until the opening of training camp. I think somebody did a thread last year.

6. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

We wont have the money to throw at the D if we sign Bell. At least not enough to make it SB caliber. Just hope some guys really step up and we get lucky with some scrap heap free agents. I dont trust the draft, we've been missing there for a while now on defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  8. Lawhawk

Lawhawk Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That is an interesting analogy about Tomlin not being a good CHESS player.
    Not having the mental faculties to win big games.

Two points: What CHESS-COACH do we bring in to replace the CHECKERS-COACH?
    NE, Brady, the nationally proclaimed GOAT has lost three super bowls, I am sure that he qualifies as one of your CHESS players.
    Belichick has lost super bowls, he is a chess player, hhhmmm.

Second point: What coach in the NFL would you like to have besides Tomlin?
    Andy Reid - NO
    Pete Carroll - NO
    John Harbaugh - NO
    Who??

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Doug Pederson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, the thread from 99 days to go, and there were different Steelers players for each day?

That was great.

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    thorn058 you should be conducting the exit interviews!

12. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Time to let Bell walk. Just saw 2 teams break all kinds of offensive records with a bunch of nice RB. Paying Bell $15M will cripple the franchise. He had a nice run, put up some numbers with no ring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I hope they listen to teams that would love to have him and his lofty demands, they franchise him, don't match the offer and get two 1st round picks.

Even franchising him will keep us cap strapped. But, the tag can be pulled if he doesn't sign it.

Look I appreciate the talent, but it's simple economics. Even with kicking Mitchell, Gay, Wilcox, DHB ect. out the door won't remedy the cap space required. It will take restructures. And what about helping fix this defense? It needs it. With no cap space it's sure going to be a struggle.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bell needs to go. The defense needs some upgrades at every level... D-line, linebackers and secondary. The defense is more important than Bell. Steelers can get a good RB in the draft.

Hopefully the Redskins will sign Bell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I didn't say he didn't have the "mental faculties" to win big games a la Al Campanis. I simply believe that Tomlin likes to keep it simple: "We do what we do!" "I'm a fundamentalist as opposed to scheme.", etc. There are a few coaches in the league who are much more involved in the game planning than Tomlin has been. When the Steelers get into meaningful, post-season football games the number of coaches that play chess, that pull out all the stops, increases significantly. I believe Tomlin has been exposed and, quite frankly, out-coached in far too many of those games for the better part of the last decade. You ask who and that's a fair question. I believe Doug Pederson played a pretty mean game of chess against Bobby Fisher last night and came out on top. There are other Doug Pederson's out there. But Tomlin isn't going anywhere. As I mentioned in another post, his regular season record has been too good for Rooney to consider firing him, but I wonder if he's the guy that can get the Steelers to the next level. His story is still being written but the window is closing with Ben's career waning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Bell changed his Instagram account, removing "Steelers" from the name. And so it begins....

17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    what happened to then?

nownow.gif