1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is pretty much the way I feel. Nobody looks good here, folks. Tomlin, Colbert and company now look somewhat foolish and Harrison looks like a spoiled little brat because of the way he acted this season. Of course, the defense didn't do Tomlin any favors by TOTALLY crapping the bed in the playoff game against the Jags! Harrison could have at least gotten in the same zip code as Bortles which is more than can be said about Dupree, Watt and the rest of the defense. One strip sack could have been the difference in that game given the way it played out. In fact, I guess one strip sack was the difference but it was just executed by the wrong team.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I feel very close to the same way, however where we differ is the part about JH acting out and being a bad teammate. We have no idea what was said and what was promised, sorry not taking Dupree and MP's words for it when a guy like Heyward comes out and says different.

If JH was told he wasn't going to play why wouldn't he ask to be released in week one? Also right up until week 12-13 nobody was even talking about JH as a bad apple. Once the Steelers released him all of a sudden the flood gates opened, I just don't buy it. The first thing I saw was the video of JH saying they want to keep this on the bench.....and that was a season of frustration. I totally get it I would have felt the same way....jmo!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I’d imagine there’s a lot that goes on in every NFL team behind closed doors that nobody outside hears about.

The floodgates opened because players were asked about JHs take on his release. There wouldn’t be much point raising it before then. So I wouldn’t read too much into the timings, personally.

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    It is hard not to when that is why a lot of people are hating on JH. I think it is justified cause if JH was a problem we would have seen something like we did on social media some place. The fact that we didn't until after week 12 is enough for me, jmo.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You mean if we had Van Noy :whistley:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    All we got to go on is what has been reported and it's not good. JH hasn't exactly denied any of those allegations?

After one game JH is acting like a baby that can't handle a little adversity. I'm fine with him asking to be released later in the season, but after the first game is ridiculous. Him asking to be released after one game may have had something to do with Tomlin not playing him much after that?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Your right but what has been reported????? Not one person reported about him asking for his release in week one cause it wasn't an issue. What we are gonna take the words of Dupree and MP after the release but we are going to ignore the good words Heyward said?

This whole thing stinks, the fact that us Steeler fans are arguing with ourselves stinks. The fact remains we don't know what happened, but the fact that NOTHING was reported until after week 12 tells me JH wasn't an issue. jmo

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The fact that nothing was reported until that late in the season just means to me personally, that whatever was going on was hitting fever pitch. They've already demonstrated that they have a pretty lengthy leash for possible distractive behavior here recently. Things just ran there course I guess. It wouldn't really blow my mind to find out that Jame's agent already had the NE situation dialed in and that Tomlin or Colbert or Rooney finally did James a favor as a send off thank you/one less mouth to deal with gift. It really wouldn't surprise me at all. Then some folks wanted to puff up their chests afterwards and start wolfing to the media... None of that was needed either regardless. Those stories always come out later anyhow. Simply no need to have so many children willing to pipe up about stuff throughout the season, even if us as fans can get behind their verbiage. These dudes need to be reeled in, shut up, keep it in house, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We complain when players air dirty laundry in the media and then when the keep it bottled up we just say it must not have been that bad since no one brought it up sooner?
    I think @dobbler-33 has the right idea.

• Like Like x 2
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    But in Harrison's case I understand why. He doesn't have time to sit and wait and he spends far too much money every ear just to sit on the bench. He spends that mo ney to play on the field. He could have saved that money for his retirement if he was going to just be on the bencn.

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    James will win his ring and pats will move on

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That is if there was a problem, I find it hard to believe that what everyone is talking about was keep in house. Look JH went to twitter or instagram and complained in the weight room, you can hide that stuff and the fact that it was some time after week 12 tell me there wasn't a problem till then. jmo

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I respect your opinion. The whole situation stinks. For me personally I'm done with Harrison.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Given James feelings on partipation trophies, I think it's funny that he may get one tonight.

Unless he has a monster game, he'll have a nice shiny "I did nothing to deserves this" ring.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Don't care about what James did or said I'm talking timing. Why release him as your possible SuperBowl run begins, as well as the two most hated rival teams begins too. Why would you give either that mental opportunity to get into your heads? Release him at the end of the year OK but then?

And as I type this the only Pat giving Foles trouble in the Superbowl is Harrison. Duh

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Maybe it was bad karma for them to pick up Harrison.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    2 tackles 1 assist.

No SB trophy. Hope it was worth quitting on your teammates James.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Naw playa, now Deebo can go home. I still appreciate all he did for the Steelers. Just didn't want him to win one with the enemy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Harrison no SB trophy for you traitor :roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I know I seen him on TV in SB52, but he will not be adding hardware to his ring collection. Hope it was worth it.Enjoy retirement!!!

22. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    JH92 back in the burgh next yr? Said he wants to play nxt yr and he's probably better than whats on the roster now. Harrison was a double agent and somehow sabotaged the pats in the SB. He returns to Pitt where hes welcomed with high fives and dilly dillies. Has a double digit sack season in 18, wins the SB and retires.

23. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    F-1307-228x228-1.jpg How DOES IT TASTE SUCKAH ???? LOLOLOLOL

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Lawhawk

Lawhawk Member

Oct 26, 2011

25. Lawhawk

Lawhawk Member

Oct 26, 2011
    LOL, classic. The grass is not always greener.

• Like Like x 1