1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's gone folks... And playing for another team that is giving him a few more chances than he got here in pretty important games nonetheless. If 10% of him acting like a jag off is true then fine good riddance. We've all been pissed about the negativity coming out of the locker room as it is. No need to cover idiocy from one under the guise of "well he earned it".

I believe he should've gotten more time and should've been in a rotation all season long. He wasn't gonna be a world beater anymore and that's just the facts. Could he have made a difference? Maybe forced the opposing O to change their plans? Yeah maybe he probably could have but he wasn't given the chance and therefore he didn't. The fan in me wants to think he could've set the edge... Stopped some of the bleeding from run game gashing... Maybe even gotten after the QB here and there offsetting a few drives here and there. It didn't happen.

I was pissed in the beginning especially when everybody started bumping gums about James being a ***** in the locker room. Anymore, I don't care. I look at this stuff as it is... People get paid to play the game and loyalty has shriveled up from both player and owner. This ain't my daddy's steelers... This ain't my daddy's league... Times have changed, and not for the better in my opinion.

If James wasn't getting reps here, don't blame him looking elsewhere. As a fan it sucks, but after all of these years the changes in morale, society, loyalty, hometown legend BS etc... I'm over it.

People diss Lambert for not coming around. People been dissing the best QB in this franchises history for having his own opinion on his days here and opinions from a paid mouth piece on current states of the franchise. It's all ridiculous. Team is thrown under the bus for letting folks go... Hanging onto folks to long... Not paying folks what theyare worth... Disciplining to strict to not discipline at all. It's really funny that we hold in high regard what the product does not.

James could've made a difference SITUATIONALLY as are hanger on ers in similar situations. So could've Troy and Hines blah blah blah... But all they are to us are guys that earned another chance to do the great things they once did and aren't worth holding onto in hopes they pull a rabbit out of the hat once more. James helped end the KC threat but he was more distraction than factual. I would've like to see that happen again in a bigger game but it didn't.

He's gone. Root for him (which I will not be doing for that team) or don't... But quit kidding ourselves or yourselves that he owed anybody anything or was owed anything. He gave his best and we got pretty excellent memories as fans for it. I doubt he cares what Pitt fans think of him pretty much like Lambert and none of that matters to me. The coaches could've plugged him and maybe situationally made a difference on a drive here and there. He could've not been a prick to. Lot of could've should've would've and all of it arguably makes situational sense, only it don't matter now.

Time to fix the team needs and not harbor ill will crying about who coulda done what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Never took a sip of any alcoholic beverage in my life. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe you should start?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I started and can't stop.....lol :drinks::tequila:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Is that to help you get through Sunday? :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    So Harrison said he plans on playing for 2 more years after this SB, he is an optimistic guy that's for sure.....

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Without a doubt :thumbs_up: I will have beam apple, Dr. M(cherry) and coke and of course washing it down with some Bud light limes. Unless my #'s hit no matter which team wins I will need all of these. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It could be mental trickery.
    If he said that this was his last game, the emotions may take over and mess his focus up.

But if he’s Super Bowl MVP, he can get one more big payday.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I feel pretty confident that he will. One thing I can say about both he and Brady. The spend a fortune on and really take care of their bodies physically and health wise. Both are work out freaks.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Thanks for the laugh

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll be here all weekend!
    :)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It's certainly possible with Nick foles playing QB.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    New England can have Harrison the traitor, at media day he took a shot a the Steelers saying on the Patriots plane they serve real food.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

upload_2018-2-2_21-20-5.jpeg

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I started, and stopping hasn’t crossed my mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    :tequila:

That's going to be the mindset of Art Jr if Harrison comes out like he's shot out of a cannon against Nick Foles and causes all kinds of havoc and ends up winning MVP. Tomlin and Peezy will be fumbling their words.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    they should both pack up and leave if Harrison actually has a meaningful game, although I don't think he will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope Harrison plays well and the Pats lose.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You're sad

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're a fool for still worrying about that traitor Harrison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope Harrison gets no sacks and they get blown out :hehehe:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Sorry I'm a football. Not just a Pittsburgh fan. Another team believed in Harrison when we didn't and you're mad at him. Sad smh

23. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    How do you not play the best that ever played at that position for you at least half the reps?
    A person that keeps himself in monstrous shape unlike anyone in history?
    Wait, there's more, and how do you lose him before your season even ends?
    But wait there's more:
    And you lose this record breaking workout phenom just as your playoffs begin?
    But wait there's more:
    And you let this legend walk and take a chance that your hated division rivals could get him?
    Sadly, there's more:
    That doesn't happen but you let the worse case scenario happen your conference rival get him and for peanuts
    and just in time to play you in an historic run for all the marbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope he doesn't get a helmet :lollmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I said it earlier in the season that Harrison should have been getting more playing time. I still believe he should have. For whatever reason the coaches didn't think he should. Looks like Tomlin could have handled the situation a lot better.

What bothers me is the way Harrison acted about it. He asked to be released after the first game of the season. I have no problem with Harrison asking to be released later on, but after the first game is rediculous. Then he went on to be a terrible teammate. Those actions are inexcusable IMO. I know some are going to say that Tomlin lied to him. Maybe he did, but he's the coach and he can do that if he wants to. Tomlin is trying to win games. Sometimes feelings are going to get hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1