1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Silverback's going to the SB!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    How do I get a disagree on when James got his start?

He got his first start for Porter when he was ejected for fighting before a game against Cleveland. That's public knowledge!

Next year he started some games for Haggans when he was injured.

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    James, I know you’re still reading this forum.

Seeing Foles on tv now, you better bust him up!

You were rested all season for this.

He doesn’t handle the ball well, keep swiping!

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    New Yorkers.....Stubborn...........:shrug::shrug::shrug: lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Anybody want to bet that Belichick will have James involved right from the very first series in the SB yet MT couldn't find him hardly any playing time nearly all season.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Whatever happens I hope he stays in NE for good after Sunday. We don't want him back in any capacity. Traitor.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I understand why people feel this way, I don't. I lived with him going to the Bungals I can live with this. Everyone has their opinions I feel it was just as much the Steelers fault as it was JH.....maybe more. People keep saying he was a one position player but yet the last couple weeks I have seen him on both sides of the defense and not only rush but cover as well. To not find a spot on this D to get him a few snaps a game was ridiculous. Again jmo......

PS for the record I was trying to avoid this thread but I couldn't do it any longer, lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    But if you watched the games, he's been horrible in coverage and setting the edge. Yes, he's got a few sacks but the Steelers wanted him to do more then just that. I can't blame the organization. They could have rightfully suspended him and avoided all of this but they tried to protect his reputation/legacy. I don't see how people ignore this.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have watched and honestly he wasn't no worse than what we were putting out there, jmo. We don't know what was said and what the promises were but at what point does the organization get a pass? There are 2 sides to this...........

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He wasnt any better either so which player is smarter to have on the field? Your young future player that you are trying to get going or old JH whos career is at an end? Lets also not forget that JH has to switch sides to play Buds position. That makes a difference.

10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'd rather the player that will help you win games...can anyone name a game winning/saving play Bud has ever made?
    Being closer to the end of a career, also means he has more experience.
    He played some snaps on Bud's side for the Pats and stopped Fournette for a loss on one

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I go with all of them, no way in heck do I believe there wasn't a spot on this team for JH!!!!!!! Like I mentioned he is playing both sides right off the bat with the Cheats..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If that was prime JH then obviously but hes not clearly better than Bud now. In fact Bud had 1 more sack this year compared to JH's last full season as a starter.

And it may seem like Fournette ran free all game but believe it or not, they actually tackled him sometimes. Im not getting excited about a JH tackle. Come on now, he only had three anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And whats that doing for him? Wish people would stop acting like he is tearing it up.

I predict another 3 tackle game in the SB.

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I know you usually get last word, but I got to interject just a little here: How many tackles did Bud have against the Jags? JH had 3 in 1/4 of the time.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And why is he on the field only a qtr of the time Jad?

You want to give a parade fo 3 tackles, knock yourself out.

He'll do nothing in the SB too but im sure it will be spun somehow as to why they won (God I hope they dont win).

Oh, and Bud had 3 tackles and 1 assist but I dont see where I said he played great :shrug:

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    okay, gave you last word, lol

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There will be no 5 th year option for Dupree.....bust? Looking like it.... Could and did Watt switch sides on occasion? Did one of the biggest plays of the year happen with Watt on the left and JH on the right? could they have found snaps for Harrison....." Obviously "

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not acting like he is tearing it up I am making a point he still can play. He was signed to play not sit on the bench. Tomlin for some reason thought he couldn't play all the people here who are pissed that JH "did what he did" said he was washed up.........all you have to do is go back to the other thread where you all said he was washed up and old. I am just pointing out he still could have added something to our team. But instead he is now playing with our most hated and not finishing his career here.

He would not have changed anything if he played for us but we will never know for sure. The one thing we will know is he won't finish his career here and will leave a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouth and IMO not all his fault. :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Arguably the greatest coach of all time, thinks JH is worthy to play in the post season and SB. Ours doesn't think he's worthy to play in the regular season over Bud Dupree. Neither you nor Tomlin will ever be able to rationally explain or justify that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I know a lot of people like to kiss hoodies ass but hes not infallible. According to James, NE is the only team to call him. Apparently 31 other teams dont think he has anything left either.

His 6 tackles in 2 playoff games is all the justifying and rational I need.

22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Belichick football iq> yours and tomlin put together.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol the hoodie ass kissing is amazing!

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The just because your a Steelers fan was kissing is amazing. Majority of the you people on these forums have no objectivity and view anything from a limited view.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You drinking again?