1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No one allowed to criticize Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017

He has a good point. Colin on target once again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He didn’t throw a pass
    He didn’t miss a tackle
    He didn’t play D
    Although he couldn’t have been any worse.
    That’s why he gets a pass.
    It’s on the players.
    They didn’t execute.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He didn't prepare his team.
    He overlooked the Jags.
    He didn't rein in his loud-mouths.
    He made horrible, possibly game-changing decisions at critical moments.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I've been harsh on Tomlin in the past but I agree with onsides call. Chance at ball and forced them to kick field goal and they could have missed. I think Jags call it different and maybe throw in a PA and go for 1st down to win if they kick it deep. Also, Jags don't play soft and let the Steelers drive down and get a touchdown on the last play if the game was on the line.

I do agree he needs to change the environment and tighten up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Along with this, I just find it really tiring to hear the "Tomlin never gets criticised" criticism. It's a lazy platitude that's been thrown about for years now, and it doesn't bear up to scrutiny.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    this team had two weeks to get ready for the jags. they weren't ready for the jags. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  7. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Can’t argue with his point or multiple points. That about sums it up in a nutshell. Wow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Amen brother, amen. Thanks Mike.

9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin absolutely gets blame on this one.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    There's enough blame to go around for yesterday's fiasco. I, generally speaking, defend Tomlin. But he deserves to have to answer questions about his team's poor defensive performance and the lack of discipline and humility that permeates this bunch. It's getting old and yes, keeping their mouths shut and focusing on what's right in front of them matters.

FWIW, I listened to the clip and Cowherd in dead on.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Here's the problem with Tomlin. He's a "player's coach". This particular group of individuals need more of a disciplinarian. It's a toxic combo. There's no Hines Ward, Jerome Bettis, Alan Faneca, Heath Miller, Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, James Farrior, Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark on this team. Those guys provided strong locker room leadership and that got them to their last Super Bowl in spite of Tomlin. The players he has now would rather run their mouths on social media about wanting to be traded, talk about non-existent games in hell, make up rap songs about getting paid their 17 mil, promote their brand on live social media during a post game locker room speech and the head coach himself forgets about the next game on the schedule because he'd rather talk about a hypothetical playoff game that is now never going to take place!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Steelers to coach Pro Bowl: look for 5-6 onside kicks and the NFC to crack 100. After some thought maybe Butler/Tomlin got their weeks confused ....no guys this is the week to play no D not yesterday....still smfh.

13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The only thing I'll add to that is many of those players you mention if not all of them were Cowher's players. I just think he taught them better and they were more disciplined.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    "No longer an Elite Defense"

That hurts.
    That's what this whole team is about. or was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    No, the point is he gets a pass compared to other COACHES.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    You nailed this one, Jack.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Colin has been more dead on about Tomlin and the Steelers than almost anyone in the media for quite a while.

18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We haven't been for a long time now. Many of us expressed that concern for years and were told we weren't "real fans" by those whistling past the graveyard.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I wish the onsides call was all we were talking about here, and you noted that. It's the fact he runs a loose ship, does not provide enough team discipline and isucks at attention to detail that drives me nuts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No one's allowed to criticize Tomlin?? He obviously doesn't look on here!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tom Coughlin has turned the Jags into a bully team so in order to beat the bully you have to not only gameplan for the bully, but you have to come to the fight with the intent on being the bigger bullies in your house. "Not in my house" they didnt protect the home turf because they had other things on their minds. Their brother Shazier's is injured and in a wheel chair who may never play another down and they didn't have the fortitude to focus on the task at hand and win for him!!! No because they were being cocky and selfish by worring about contracts and playing the Patriots instead of the Jaguars. This has to be a lesson learned for this team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
  23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I get it too. One first down and it's over, whether Jax starts at their 25 or the Steelers 45. A FG attempt would be at least 53 yards, so I take a chance on the onside. The killer was the ball on going 10 yards and the illegal touch penalty. That gave them 10 yards right there and put them almost in FG range from the beginning. I get the call, but the execution sucked. Maybe that's lack of prep?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You can’t polish a turd. Anyone that’s been paying attention knows the defense has issues. Two weeks of preparation isn’t going to change that. We were an average defense with Shazier and a below average defens ewithout him. To win that game, the AFC Championship, or the SB our offense had to be perfect. We weren’t. Or Ben wasn’t.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jags were in control the whole time. Notice we never could tie? They were softening coverages when they had 2 score leads then tightening with 1 score. We couldn’t stop them. Kick it deep and they likely get a first. That coach ain’t stupid he is not running 3 times in a row.

I’m with tomlin.

We weren’t winning yesterday? Bad matchup for us. Need a stone wall run defense. IDGAF about pass right now