1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm gutted but...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wreck, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I get it. Ben threw a pick that resulted in 7. Hate to see him do that.

The fumble happens. I dunno if he had anyone open but he held it too long. However, when a ball bounces 10 yards away from the QB before it gets snatched up the team could have done plenty to try to shut that score down.

Ben then goes to throw for 400+ yards, 5 TD's and no more picks or fumbles. He did his job.

Anyone that looks at Ben's interception for 7 points, and even a fumble for 7 more and wants to blame Ben for the loss tonight, you're nuts.

Last I heard, 7+7 is 14. Not 45.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I am gutted but...at least I am not a Saints fan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
    that had to sting like hell...my neighbor is a Saints fan..lol

4. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    When I complain, my wife tells me to shut up. I am very lucky.
    She is a lifelong Bears fan.
    It always brings me back to reality. We are all lucky, but we just need to get these millennials to grow up and do their talking on the field and let their agents earn their money concerning contracts. Keep it out of media. Don't let anyone see us sweat!!!
    QUIT HANDING OUT TRUMP CARDS to media and opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would rather go out like a Saints fan. At least the Saints looked like a competent NFL playoff team today. We were an absolute mess. We were flat, ill prepared, out coached, and our defense was a laughing stock. At least Saints fans can take pride in the fact that they played their asses of and were close.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    hard to say we were ill prepared when we put up 42 and at least 35 legit against a top d

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017

I told you guys the Vikings are for real lol. Maybe Jacksonville did a favor for us. Yeah I'm not gutted. I am actually feelings positive over here and I'll tell you why. We have an amazing draft, get rid of Haley and Butler, and clean up a few things we shall be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would call scoring 42 and still losing to Jacksonville being ill prepared.

9. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Certainly ill prepared on defense, no pressure, DB'S 12 yds deep on 3rd and 5 or 6. We got manhandled and pushed around all afternoon on defense.

I thought all year when we did rack up good sack numbers they were more from deception and scheme then just having guys that can dominate the line of scrimmage.

I hope Tuitt is hurt because if that's what we are getting for his big contract extension we over paid.

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The defense was most definitely ill-prepared. Nobody on the defensive side of the ball stepped up today. NOBODY! Where was Heyward? Where the crap has Tuitt and Hargrave been not only today but virtually all season. Watt and Dupree were useless today and actually made me believe we really did make a mistake in letting Harrison go. Bince was anything but a killer B today. I admire his heart but his talent is just insufficient. Sean Spence was out on the street a month ago and we had no one on the roster that could step in and play more effectively than a washed up has been. Now let's talk about our secondary. These guys have a combined football IQ of (too low to register)! Burns and Davis have regressed big time this season. Mitchell is ALL FREAKING MOUTH and has absolutely ZERO BALL SKILLS and NO PLAYMAKING INSTINCTS! Haden is decent but can't do it all by himself in the secondary. But even he had an off day today. Keith Butler sounds like a freaking country bumpkin and I'm starting to wonder if his players can even understand him. We've got serious issues on the defensive side of the ball y'all. It's a good thing that Tomlin is a defensive minded coach! :facepalm::frustrated::puking 3:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I still don't understand the move to start Spence.

You got LJ Fort and Dirty Red all year... one of those guys can't play any better? Hard to believe.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, but I still don't understand why Harrison didnt play some for Dupree against the run. He got to be better.

I still don't understand why Sutton didn't play for Gay today.

I still don't understand that we don't have a better safety then Mitchell. Hard to believe.

I still don't understand how bad we are in tackling.

I still don't understand why Lake and Porter are still here.

I still don't understand Tomlin comments this year in looking ahead to the Pat's and seeing other crap like Brown's smashing the water bucket, Mitchell saying we could beat the Pat's anywhere, Bell's stupid comments and then saying he may sit out next year. Harrison's stupid comments about wanting to leave. This team, including MT talks too much.

Rooney, do something!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
  14. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Big and the offense didnt lose the game, the defense has been **** for bout 5 yrs. Troy wasnt washed up, he had no help and had to actually play his position. Yes he had lost a step but he still had some left in him. The game hadnt passed Lebeau, he had nothing work with and Butler sure as hell isnt doing any better. We have no LBers, CBs, S, DB....This is the 1st time in my 40+ yrs as a fan that we dont have a nasty LBer and one coming up. The old Steelers did NOT give up 100 yards rushing and now teams run it down their throat and dare em to try and stop em. Shazier was the 1st sign of life that I have seen in our LBers in a while. NT has been weak for way too long as well. They finally get the offense in great shape and Ben is at the end of his career.
    The good thing is I dont have to listen for another year bout Brady owning Ben in the playoffs again.

15. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    What was that stat we had... we hadn't giver up a 100 yard rusher in so many games? Not anymore!

16. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I totally agree.
    I still don't understand why we let Dick LeBeau go, if we were going to let Butler basically run the same system of defense. Why? At least LeBeau is a veteran HOF guy.
    It was my thoughts that when LeBeau retired like Ariens, Tomlin would change and bring in a Tampa guy, but he kept Butler. Nothing really against him, I just don't understand the reasoning. Change from LeBeau was fine, but we didn't change.
    As far as our team and coaches running their mouth, dogs who bark usually don't bite.
    We sure do plenty of barking.

17. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    It isn't the same defense. Our 3-4 DE are no longer run stoppers. Butler changed the defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, but not sure it changed for the better.

19. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I love that band, and met them a few times actually. Corpsegrinder is a huge Pens fan btw.

20. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I played a show opening up for them in 95