1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville game thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Oh I wasn’t there so I just heard the sounds. It should of been for the Steelers as bad as they were from the beginning. First it’s Ben throwing a terrible interception in our plus territory. Then a sack fumble returned for a TD. Then the defense just getting pathetically shredded by Blake Bortles. That should say it all. I don’t want to hear another ****ing word from Mitchell or any of the defensive Steelers.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He just said games aren't defined by how you start.

Really because you started in a 21-0 hole and couldn't dig out of it!

3. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It’s not about looking past any opponent, it’s a terrible game plan and failure to make pro-level decisions. I think Bell held up his end of the bargain, as did Brown. It’s the absolute stupidity by the DBs and QB. The fumble was rediculous, his internal timer is shot. We need to Float some trades big time. If I were Brown & Bell, I’d beg to get out.

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He gave em 7, maybe assisted in another 7... But gave our boys 42!!!!

He carved that D up! Our D.... Well they showed up a couple of times and the O couldn't capitalize on the stops. Ben don't own this at all... He more then made up for his whoopsies

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Steelerssix

Steelerssix Active Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Say what you want about Brady, when they need a half yard he'll get it even with a QB sneak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That second to last play to Brown was dumb football as well. He stayed inbounds and there was 0 time to try anything after the TD

7. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Players make mistakes, but Coaches shouldn't be costing their teams games and Tomlin and Haley have both done it too much, especially Tomlin. From his failed 2 pt experiments the previous few seasons until he finally learned this year, to bad clock management and timeout usage, situational play calling and a piss poor motivator that is obvious how we play down to bad teams. Enough is enough and Tomlin needs to go, but I can almost guarantee you he isn't going anywhere, Haley will leave before him. I'm not sure Ben will come back if Haley is still here.

Ben has a bad fumble that cost us big time but the INT is to be expected when your playing such a good defense with so many pass attempts. Without him we wouldn't of had so many chances, we need Ben, plain and simple.

The 4th down pitch play 5 yards back to the RB with inches to go was stupid, we were in FG range and could of at least ran a QB sneak.

The 2nd 4th down, we run a pass play and even though there was a PI that wasn't called, it was still a dumb call. What do they have against a QB sneak with a 300 lb QB, Brady does it and he is 64 years old.

The timeout used on offense was stupid, and if used on defense we could of had time to kick a proper onside kick. Brown not going out of bounds at the end was stupid also.

Speaking of onside kicks, the first one, when we should of kicked it deep, we line up like we are going to kick it deep and then onside it to their strong side when they have onside recover set up on that side. More stupid coaching!

The 2nd onsides kick, we line up in onside formation and squid kick it. I hope he was trying to kick it hard and make it deflect off someone, but the whole sequence was sad.

I know we missed Shazier a lot, but our coverage's on 3rd down, was horrible from coaches and players. How many time did we force a punt?

I really hope Ben comes back, but with Dumb and Dumber coaching and Brown always crying about wanting the ball, I fear he may be tired of it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bhandsome08

bhandsome08 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Defense let them scored 31pts.
    Offense got 42pts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He gave them 7. The D could of held for 3 but in one play ran it in for 20 yards,right at the waste Dupree and invisible Tuitt. Butler is a Lebeau disciple and the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. The clueless HC who is supposed to oversee and ultimately be the decision maker let's his coordinators run the asylum. That falls on him......if the Rooneys were smart they would fire both DC and OC and bring it n guys with fresh minds or at least better track records,but they won't because the standard is the standard. If the HC can't control his coordinators he's gotta go too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I generally agree with you, but your assessment is flawed. A Ben mistake directly lead to seven points. The int. lead to a short field that's true, but this defense couldn't stop my mom and her walker.

The onside kick decision was reprehensible. Just stupid. I also get that the defense really missed Shazier. but the overall IQ defensively is below the Mendoza line. They were fortunate to get Joe Haden, he probably kept them from losing a couple of games. Burns is inept. Mitchell is a disaster. DuPree is average at best, unacceptable for a first round pick. Not sure what we have with Watt. The front four is solid, the linebackers, even with #50 are average and the secondary, even with Haden, stinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Who said that?

12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I can see I'm not the only bitter a hole here!..lol

Want to go for a ride with me and egg Tomlin's house?

• Like Like x 1
  13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for making my point. Ben gave them 14 and we lost by 3

14. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    BB done, Haley fired now, I love Tomlin bu that onside was inexcusable. PERIOD.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin in the post game presser.

They asked him about the QB sneak and he deflected on that. Specifically the toss to Bell.

They asked him abiut the onsides and he said based on the situation they wanted the ball back.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, really Ben only gave them 7. He did give them the ball from the 21. The defense let the score that TD. They could have held to a FG.

17. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Onside was the stupidest play I have seen in years, 2 timeouts and 2 min warning, what crack were they smokin?

18. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I love what he has done and certainly don't blame him for the loss but there is no way they should pay Bell what he is asking.

He has lost a step, pretty clearly. He has a significant injury history and he has taken a lot of punishment both in college and the NFL. I do not think he is going to be an effective every down back for much longer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    True, but if they kick the damn FG when nothing was working at that 4th and 1 were staring the same way. Or if drew up an actual play to convert a 4th and 1. Later in the game was same scenario... 4th and 1 ended up a TD but seriously, 4th and 1 no Rosie mix! D dropped the ball all game long. Had a couple stops in the 3rd that should've been capitalized on and given the lead, but outside of that... Sucked

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    How many times have we seen Tomlin coached teams start that way. Flat, uninspired, unprepared. And he had the audacity to say that that's irrelevant. This is why Tomlin will never be a great coach. The importance of the little things and the minute details seem to be irrelevant. I've been trying real hard not to be overly critical of Tomlin this year. Many have said he's done a good job of coaching through the distractions. But why does he allow the distractions? Why can't he as the head coach put a lid on them? Anyway, yay to a 13-3 season. Tomlin and crew just couldn't get them over the top. What a shame to waste this group of offensive talent.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    The whole team and coaching staff are to blame. The defense of course is the main reason we lost but Ben’s two turnovers gave them 14 points. Then the bad call of bad calls with the onside kick with over two minutes left. I’d like to know the odds on recovering an onside kick? I mean if it’s the only thing left to do then do it but at least make them earn it and go the distance to score. Overall an F grade for the whole teams performance. Yes Ben threw for 469yd and 5 TD’s but the two turnovers were really costly. I got home and it was 21-0. I mean come on. I thought I was seeing the tv wrong but dam sure wasn’t.

22. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    This X1000.

Every borderline call will go to NE. Like the play where JuJu had the back of his jersey pulled? And the play where Ben got thrown down, if that happens against Marsha, that lineman gets tossed. I used to think one of the reasons NE gets the calls is because they don't whine and they keep their mouth shut. Wrong, they whine and trash talk as much or more than anyone. The league does seem to coddle this team, and Jax will find out how much next week. Either way, I'm rooting for the NFC in the SB.

23. Steelerssix

Aug 12, 2017
    Distractions? Every team has em the good ones play on.

24. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    What a dumbass and I actually like Tomlin but that was the worst call he’s made in a long time. Heck maybe in his tenure.

25. Steelerssix

Aug 12, 2017
    Well said and I couldn't agree more. If Ben is done Steeler Nation will be borrowing the Browns fans bags!