1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Pittsburgh vs Jacksonville game thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Jan 14, 2018.

1. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Well look at the bright side! Jacksonville are going to get smoked by New England. GO NFC minus the goddamn Eagles because there's no way in HELL. I'd ever cheer on that organization or their ****-head fanbase. Anyone else jumping on the Vikings bandwagon?

2. bhandsome08

bhandsome08 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Offense played good despite the 2 TOs.
    Defense sucks, especially on 3rd downs without Shazier.
    Coaching sucked the most... bad decisions all game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    i think they can too, but they won’t be allowed out of that stadium with a win

4. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I'm a Pats fan for one week next week. I cant root for the dumb Jags.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Are u serious. Yea he made mistakes but that was the No1 defense that he carved up for the rest of the game. This team would b garbage without him. This is squarely in Tomlin and the coaches. They let them do exactly what the did week 5 didn’t try to change anything. The Bears game cost this team again. One of those great coaching jobs by the man obviously.

6. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Tomlin, Mitchell, and Bell talking all this nonsense about a Pats rematch and couldn't even get past the Jagoffs.

7. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yep. CBS crew calling out the coaching decisions and a checked call by Ben.

8. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    We have to go back further than Cowher, he lost just like this. We have to have a wholesale change. Ben - retire, Tomln bye bye. Mitchell gone, Tuitt gone, trade the RB and Brown and let them avoid the Jason Whitten curse. We have to re set and go back to a 4-3 defense and build a new team. There can be no excuse for this debacle.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rcoplien

rcoplien Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Bortles 14/26 214 yards 1 TD, Roethlisberger 37/58 469 yards 5 td 1int and still can't pull it off.
    Fire Haley, DC and Mitchel Bad play calls that cost us the game and Mitchel for hot covering the RB on the last TD

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That onsides was the killer bad decision.

The risk reward just wasn't there at that point. You get a 3 and out after kicking deep they dont get that FG and were staring at OT right now!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Steelerssix

Steelerssix Active Member

Aug 12, 2017
    My first time on this site, but in all the other forums everybody has been saying the same things about the Stillers coaches for the last 8 years. Same ol, same ol and it ain't gonna change we know that

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yep. Tomlin at his best.

14. BBBooger

BBBooger Member

Jan 14, 2018
    "And the team ran their mouths on Social Media looking past this game."

When your "Head" (using the term very loosely...) coach talks about "embrace the elephant in the room"... what do you expect from the players?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I prefer less penalties called, like today. It seemed the Jags realized it early on and took advantage of it, more so than the Steelers.

16. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I can't put this on Ben. In terms of Xs and Os this is a really poorly coached team and we have seen it all year. Terrible in game decisions, total lack of preparation, inability to convert on 3rd and 4th and less than a yard.

If they sneak Ben on those two 3rd and inches or 4th and inches calls there is a very good chance they win this. But the stubbornness and inability to learn from mistakes never ends.

There is NO way that Tomlin would survive this offseason with any other franchise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    The Jags were 5-5 in the redzone. They ask Bill Cowher what was the difference with the Jags offense and he said they just showed up and basically are underrated. Bull**** it’s the Steelers defense is the reason they looked really really good. I’ll bet they don’t look like that next weekend against the hated Pats. Watch the difference between the suspect Pats defense shutting the Jags offense down versus our pathetic excuse for a defense not stopping the Jags offense. Our offense showed up I mean 42 points but Tomlin took it from them with that stupid ass onside kick. I’m not absolving Ben from the lose cause his two turnovers led to two scores but he redeemed himself in the second half. All for not though. Just extremely disappointed and I like Tomlin but I think it’s time. We have a ton of talent but a sorry ass defense and it’s going to waste every year we fall short like that. We should of never lost that game. All the none calls don’t matter now.

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Boomer Esiason just said Tomlin has a lot to answer for. Not only his in-game decisions but his comment several weeks ago about playing the Pats twice. He said Ben had criticized Tomlin and the coaching staff about their failure to tighten things up and when it comes to playoff time you've got to have things tightened up because teams are shooting for you. I usually don't agree with Boomer but he's spot on in this case. I know a lot of people don't like Colin Cowherd but his comment about the Steelers not being buttoned up rings true today. I'm not just talking about on-field discipline, but off-field too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    And for Jacksonville, they better understand that their DBs will not be hanging on the backs of the NE receivers and not get called. The coaching staff and ownership there won’t tolerate missed calls like that. Brady will call out the refs right away.

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

He spotted them 14 points.

21. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Agree!It just bothers the s... out of me when I see our db’s so far away from the receivers (just average by the way,not superstars)when a pass is thrown.Scheme plus below average db’s!!!

22. Coachbuzz

Coachbuzz Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Totally agree. I have never seen a Steelers team so unprepared and soft in my 40 years as a fan. They came out soft and entitled. Football is a collision sport and one played with an angry edge. This Steelers team did not havedrive or edge- that edge we as fans know the teams thatmade us fans had. Who is to blame-Tomlin no doubt. He is soft and they were a mediocre team that won too many games on luckand a kickers foot in the last minutes to cover up a weak effort. This team never dominated a single team not even the weakest teams. They almost lost to Cleveland. The question is- Is Steeler nation accepting Tomlins Mediocre forever? He seems to think we will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. stangflyer

stangflyer Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2016
    I live in North Dakota 250 miles from Minneapolis so I will go for Vikes. I am 53 and a Steelers fan since 1975 or so. I want the Jags to win because I do not want the pats to get #6. But I do not think the Jags have a chance in hell against the pats.

On the 4th and inches Brady would of qb sneaked for a 1st down. And on the 4th and 1.5 they would of had Gronk or the slot guy do a quick slant. Bellichek would never of done the oneside kick either. He has made some questionable calls, but that is more of an exception then the rule like tomlin.

24. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Tomlin made a boneheaded call at the end there but it was really our D that lost us this game.
    No way they should have been able to carve us up like that. No way.

I don’t know if it comes down to poor prep, poor execution, poor play calling or a combination of all three
    But they crapped the bed big time this game.

Hats off to our offense though. Can’t realistically ask for much more than they gave.

25. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    On one of those fourth and a foot, instead Ben sneeking it, he pitches back to bell five yards behind the line trying to around the right end. They tried that play three times and Bell got stuffed everytime. WTF