1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I just read this story....sad

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NE Missouri Steeler, Jan 13, 2018.

1. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
  2. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I grew up about a half mile from where Mike Webster lived. I passed his house every day on my way to high school. I still pass by there every time I go back to the Burgh. It stinks every time I see that really nice house and think of him living down by the river homeless. His family deserves better. The movie Concussion should have given them some royalties as well as the NFL.

4. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I sure hope the story wI'll spread and help the family.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't mean this to be a slight, am generally curious, but where was Webater's family when he was homeless and living in his truck?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Painfully saying this... True!

7. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I
    Thought i read somewhere one time that they didnt know where he was. I might be wrong because that may have been someone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    33 year old kid delivers pizza to make ends meat...whats wrong with him? ..the brat looking for the jackpot so he doesn't have to work?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea I delivered pizzas lol worked crap jobs, got my bachelors now do IT for the state.

I dropped out of high school and dealt with awful health anxiety that I had to quit working awhile back, but I’m good now.

There’s really no excuse for most peeps

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I used to deliver pizza too in winters ..it f n sucks and beats the crap out of the car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. KDPPatsfan

KDPPatsfan New Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Just hate what happened to Webster....and many others. It’s part of why I haven’t loved the NFL as much as I used to for a while. It feels odd cheering for big hits when you know what the eventual price that will be paid someday is for the players. Add to that the NFL lying about the dangers for years and it’s harder to be a fan.

13. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    They were living in Wisconsin trying to make ends meet as a single mother trying to raise their kids. They didn't know were he was. They lost their father and husband to work related brain damage. I have to think they suffered every bit as much as Mike did. It's disgusting that the NFL is not paying them. I hope this story goes viral. The NFL's reputation is falling apart right in front of them and most of the owners are too arrogant to realize it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    You might want to check your self. You have no idea what that family has gone through, so you might want to with hold judgment. You've walked in his shoes? Maybe try putting your self in their shoes... your dad loses his mind, can't function from a work related injury. The family breaks apart and the mom is trying to raise the kids with a mentally ill missing father that dies at a young age.... mean while the NFL and the players association agree to pay out billions based on your family's suffering and you don't see a dime? That's F'ed up.

They said he was delivering pizzas at nights or weekends. Sounds to me like he's working two jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    It most likely wasn't much and sure not enough but I thought I read a few years back before he died, Mike or his family did get some money for bills and stuff before or after he died. No?

Another note: Sun Prairie Wisconsin is Excess Government housing for Military people. They sold half to civilians before I got there in 1977. Mike Websters Mother owned one in the civilian side, fairly close to me. We were on a wave to each other basis and say hi but I always though it was kinda cool his mom lived around the corner from us.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It didn't say he delivered at night you should read closer. Yeah I was there too..broken family ..illness as In alcohol played a big roll In my family..which ended in a overdose. I still worked hard and never complained

The players who got money should be giving them some or Steelers nation should start a Go fund Me for the family .

17. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    When do you think people order pizzas? If you're delivering pizzas, it's at night. I'm guessing he's working two jobs.

Point is you have no idea what's going on their lives or what happened in the past. You're pretty quick to insulting someone that obviously lived through hell and you've never met them. Might want to look in the mirror.

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Some of your questions are answered in this article.
    Yes, there was a settlement. It's probably why his family wasn't included in the new settlement (part of the reason).

https://www.rd.com/health/conditions/mike-webster-brain-injury/

19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I delivered during the day, homes, schools, and businesses eat pizza too. What happened to them has happen to millions of people, they only stand out cus their dad/husband was a professional football player. Where's the average Joe stories, who aren't waiting for that million $ cheque?

20. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Those trying to make this guy out to be a jerk or whatever are way off base. Let’s say your dad had the first case of mesothelioma from asbestos. Now they are using your dads name in all the lawsuits but won’t actually recognize you and your family. Would you be ok with that? If they weren’t going to pay the Webster’s what they deserve they should have never used his name or case. That’s pretty clear to me. It just doesn’t make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope he gets every penny that he deserves . It just doesn't sound right when he says he has to deliver pizza , like working at a pizza store is a negative thing. You can make a living at it.. Is this kid not capable of getting a better job. Say his father wasn't a ball player ? I'd bet he still be delivering pizza. If his head is messed up and he's on meds because of it ..then he shouldn't be driving.

I sent this story to ass face Goodell on Twitter.. I said when you get done fixing games for the NE Cheats ..how about paying the Webster family what you owe them. Don't know how well that will sit with the prick but atleast he got the message.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I don’t agree with your take on the Websters, but I’m 100% on board with this part.

• Agree Agree x 1