1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How can any team beat the patriots

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by petekoutromanos, Jan 13, 2018.

1. petekoutromanos

petekoutromanos Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It's so painfully obviously the patriots ,is who the NFL wants in the championship,it' impossible to beat them when they get every call,when you see it happening every week you start laughing,

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    IF we win tomorrow, we’re going to have to absolutely dominate the Pats to win on the road. The NFL is all about the Patriots.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I just watched a clock stay on 1 second for 4 seconds. The offside call on the punt was atrocious. The NFL is a joke. It's like WWE.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    You can’t beat this team, the games are fixed and the outcome is already set. This is why people have stopped watching the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Unfortunately not enough people for it to stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    I have said for years, since 2004, that if I were coaching, I would send a maximum blitz and hit Brady even after the whistle. I would give up three touchdown passes if I had to, just so someone would break his leg, or drive him into the ground. Putting Brady out is the only way to beat them.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just the Dolphins it seems.

8. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    That’s just a way to make it look fair.

9. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    This is the way to beat them. Send all 11. Let him throw a TD and make him pay. Knock his ass out. Break his leg. Whatever it takes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    now that the game is outta reach they start calling all the def penalties to make the box score look more balanced

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Brady needs to get old eventually lol

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    There's only one thing to do. Call Tonya Harding!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "A Portrait of Dorian Brady"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Hmm. Never thought I'd see an Oscar Wilde reference in a Steelers forum. My compliments, sir.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Brady does get hit a lot actually. Somehow he's durable. I've never understood how an average college QB could become this.

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Brady still doesn’t look as sharp this year to me.

Had the Titans generated more offense game may have been different. That said, I agree that the first half reffing was appalling.

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Once refs see the game is out of reach they back off

18. emo

emo Active Member

Dec 17, 2017
    This narrative is old and tired. The NFL has stripped them of draft picks, fined them millions, suspend Brady, made them play 5 out of 6 games this year between November and December on the road including back to back games in Denver and Mexico City and had them play in Pitt after playing in Miami the Monday prior. The NFL is not trying to help the Patriots. Just stop!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. FBFanatic11

FBFanatic11 Member

Dec 27, 2017
    I agree, why in the world would the NFL want the Patriots to win year after year. This talk is ridiculous , if Seattle wasn’t stupid and just ran the ball from the one they would have won.

Ever put blame on the Steelers for being unprepared and having every player except Ben think the play was a spike to stop the clock and then throwing a pass into a crowd of Patriots for a pick. Time to look at the mistakes the Steelers make in crunch time and stop blaming the NFL.
    Did the league want the Steelers to win in the seventies or the Niners in the eighties ? Maybe just maybe the Patriots are better prepared than other teams....it’s not a conspiracy folks !!

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I believe that the NFL "helping" teams started with Goodell. Don't see Rozelle helping out. Tagliabue either.

21. emo

emo Active Member

Dec 17, 2017
    If the NFL was helping teams then the Steelers would have won Sunday, the last thing CBS wanted as a Jacksonville at NE game. Pitt @ NE would have been a ratings explosion for them and the NFL. And in the NFC I am sure Fox would have preferred a NO-ATL NFCCG. I never get fan bases who think leagues are out to get their teams. Why can't it just be we sucked when it counted this season, and Tomlin needs to get control of the locker room. The fact Bell was on Twitter at 1am Sunday, less than 12 hours before kickoff fighting with Patriots fans is ridiculous. Is the only reason why we lost because of all the talk about playing NE next Prob not. The reason we lost was a poor game plan, poor play calling and prob some players not fully into the game and looking ahead. Tomlin is't going anywhere but the fact is he inherited a good team from Cowher, won a SB quick with that team then after that he has been basically Andy Reid 2.0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Kryptonite Coughlin. He could find a way once again.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You will find out this week.

24. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    The league needs to distribute the book cheating for dummies to all teams not just NE, to enable the playing field more competitive.

25. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wouldn't it be ironic if it was JH's helmet that Brady hit in practice this week. Maybe that was the plan all along......except the Steeler's D didn't get the memo. :shrug: