1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will this go down as the worst loss in Steelers History if we lose

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Jan 11, 2018.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I believe we were favored by 8.5 vs Denver and by 10 vs the Chargers. I'm not saying that Chargers loss wasn't horrible. It was . As I said before it was a historical choke job. People were saying it was so much more worse then the Denver loss. I don't think so. I think they were in the same class. Both games had serious coaching gaffes. Turnovers and a serious case of not taking them seriously.

I think what makes the bronco's game different is it was more current and more relevant. Same coach, same QB.

BTW I think we are favored by 6.5 right now vs the Jags at home. IMO that's a generous line, I'd take the jags and the points. I see us winning but 3 points seems more realistic. SO if we lose this game, yes it will be a terrible upset...but it's still not in the class of losing to Tebow or the Chargers. They beat us once already this year. We've got some recent alarming problems ... Villenuava has struggled vs good pass rushers, we cannot stop the run, and we give up big plays at an alarming rate. Brown is coming off a serious injury and hasn't played in over a month... the entire team hasn't played in 3 weeks. Ben and Bell are also coming cold. I understand there's an argument for resting players... but I have to say the Patriots played all of their players with the thought that they need to remain sharp. I'd put my $ on the cheatriots being right.

I have a feeling someone here lost some serious $ on that chargers game.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I was chasing women, drinking beer and watching Steelers football. I was good at multi-tasking in those days.

I've never been good at following rules... especially those that are unwritten.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016

A great defense ? lmfaO tHEY LET A BAD OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL TEAM GET IN THE RED ZONE 3 TIMES LAST WEEK.. yOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS COMPARING THEM TO THE RAVENS... OMG THAT RAVENS DEFENSE WOULD NOT LET BILLS GET A FIRST DOWN.... THIS IS NOT A SHUTDOWN DEFENSE

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    Literally everyone is signed on this team through next year except bell

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    1976 AFC championship was my biggest devastating defeat in the hands of the Oakland Raiders. 3 straight Super Bowl down the drain.

6. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016

Yea I am surprised more people did not say that. I was only 2 but my uncle says had a horrible feeling going into that game. Lotta injuries and oakland was a beast

7. francobettis

Nov 14, 2011
    that 76 season was incredible, winning 10 straight games heading into the AFCC game. killed colts 40-14 the week before, but lost Franco and Rocky. I hate to say this but I think Tatum and Atkinson intimidated the Steelers offense after those hits they delivered to us in the previous 2 games. our passing game never materialized.

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Will this go down as the worst loss in Patriots History when they lose

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I’m not talking contracts, I’m talking team culture and unity. The team would virtually self-destruct.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. francobettis

Nov 14, 2011
    Tatum and Atkinson became dirty after we beat them so many time. hate those 2 criminal elements.

11. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    No the giants game was. lol This is the weakest patriots team in 18 years and would be a disgrace if we lost to them again... I live in CT surrounded by pats fans and they will even admitt it

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NO no no I was just showing what a team with a great D can do. It had nothing to do with Jacksonville.

13. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Those were the days when defense alone could win you a ring. They changed the rules so much over the five years after the Ravens first Super Bowl that the game has dramatically changed. I’d love to go back to the rules of 2001.....but that ship has long sailed. That’s why it’s impossible to compare Manning or Brady to the other greatest QBs of all-time. He doesn’t even play the same game that Marino, Elway, or Montana played.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    It would be a very Tebow like game to lose.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Denver just won with defense a couple years ago. I still believe defense wins championships.

16. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Great point on the Broncos....they slipped my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Chargers loss most devastating for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    As has happened in the pass, everything is right there for the taking. Everyone pretty much healthy. It takes a lot of luck to get this far into the season and have all your players healthy. We should beat the Jags, then the next opponent. If we don't do it now we never will. For me , it comes down to the play of one person, Big Ben. We will only go as far as well as he plays. He needs to step up his game and prove that he is an elite QB.

19. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    don't waste time thinking about it. it aint happening

20. tyler christopher

Jan 20, 2016
    That was hardly a great defense come on now. What I remember about that defense is us going up and down the field on them in there building without brown and ben with one arm. Bryant getting raped in endzone several times with no calls and the tussaint fumble hwich was pathetic. That is what I remember. That broncos team was loaded offensively. Peyton couuld not make the throws anymore but did enough cause they were so talented....

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not so fast, there will be some players released due to the salary cap this year, and some who will be asked to take pay cuts, and Hubbard is going to be looking for a big payday in free agency and most likely we cant afford to keep him, and there are other contracts to get signed as well:

Heres 5 players starting with mitchell that likely will be gone in the off season:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/19/5-steelers-that-might-not-be-back-in-2018/

22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Why do I feel an upset is coming lol

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely was a great defense that could really get after the QB. They carried that team all year, the offense was junk with Peyton at the helm.

They completely shut down a Carolina offense that was steamrolling everyone.

We were about the only team to get the better of them.

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yes but it’s about matchups. Brady or cam would’ve killed us lol

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No Franco or Bleier, what do you expect?