1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell Retiring?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I’m watching sportscenter and Bell is saying if the Steelers tag him again he’s going to sit out or possibly retire. They need to open the bank for this guy. We go as he goes. Who agrees that they need to just pay this guy?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bell STFU and play football. Really 3 days before a playoff game. I'm sorry but this is why this team falls short. They just can't help themselves with the nonsense. It's always something.....smfh

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    if tagged again. This dude just can’t shut his trap.

4. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I guess it’s too much to ask for this team to go one day without some kind of drama. Bell says he will consider retirement over playing on the franchise tag again. I understand reporters ask questions digging for a juicy story but is it too hard or too much to ask for a player to just say I’m focused on the game ahead and I’ll worry about that after the season is over? I guess it is...

http://amp.wpxi.com/sports/nfl/pitt...site_navigation&utm_campaign=homestream_click

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, now's not the time just shut up until the end of season.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    UGH. I love Bell, but quit with any sort of drama.

YOU HAVE A LEGIT SHOT A TITLE. TAKE YA DAMN CHANCE.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Show him the money!

Obviously, the Steelers are much better on offense when he is clicking. I'd let him know tomorrow that his performance in these playoffs will go a long way towards his financial future.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lol hurry up Sunday

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    This is 12 year old kid ****...Keep your mouth shut till the season is over...These guys sometimes don't realize they are being baited by the meadia for a story or a juicy headline,and they feed right into this bullshi**....Gotta be smarter than that ...With that said I do believe he is worth the money,but it seems his attitude sucks..just my opinion...In one breath he says its not about the money,its about a legacy....NOOO ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Now is not the time for Bell to be talking about a contract!Team priority and winning the trophy is what’s it’s all about now.In my opinion “Bell should be rewarded with a long term contract that shows how valuable he is to the team”!Talk contract after the season ends!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    all this running of the mouth plus the fact that if I remember right, he turned down 15 million. that was more than I would pay him so no. let him sit out or retire. I hope they don't give him more than that

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s great but man this dude wants to suck the Steelers dry

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    My son and I were just having this conversation. All of yall just said the exact some things that I was saying. Shut your d*mn pie and win me a Super Bowl.

Bell better be careful or he may find himself in retirement.

14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

If the Steelers don't give him his 17 Million a season the only thing that's going to suck is the Steelers offense. Conner and Tuissant pale in comparison.

15. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I do not agree. I don’t want him to leave, but if we take away his touches that he uses as his “pay meter”, we have plenty of greedy players that want that ball. We can spread it out.

We have the O-line to make a lot of decent running backs be very good.

But what we can’t do is overpay for that position and fall short with the cap across the rest of the roster.

I’m no cap expert, but there is a reason most teams don’t pay high for that position. It’s why Pitt stays competitive most years.

Hit him w the tag again and see how it plays out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Thats all you had to say Bell. I rarely say this about Steelers players that speak their mind but STFU Bell.

You're talking out your ass anyway, you'll never turn down 14 million a year. Play and then be a FA and "get your value".

I defend him all the time but the timing of this pisses me off.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

They should pay him predicated on if the Steelers win the Super Bowl or if they lose the SB but beat the Patriots to get to the SB. If they lose any game prior to the SB not only should they not pay Bell but they shoild not pay any player on this current squad as assembled because it will have been proven that they are not good enough to win it all.

If ownership is just trying to pack seats I think the Steeler fan base is broad enough to do that without paying Bell a big contract in which case they should franchise him and call his bluff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :facepalm: The whole drama with Bell has an air of inevitability about it. The Steelers ARE NOT going to be bullied or manipulated into paying him above reasonable market value and the sooner Bell understands that the better. He's a great player and I'm confident the Steelers will offer him a fair contract. I'm equally confident that Bell is unrealistic in his expectations and that some fiscally irresponsible owner will pay the running back / rapper wannabe his $17 mil or whatever the freak it's up to now! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    This dude thinks he is worth way more than that....he already frowned upon 15,what makes you think he will play for 17?......Frankly I believe you can have a 1200 yard back for 1/10 of that salary behind this o -line....Love to keep him just think hes gonna price himself out of town

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Sheesh at the insensitivity and entitlement. I can only hope a Bell doesn’t read comments like these.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    He thinks he's worth too much. He's the best back in the league, everyone knows that, but I think he thinks he deserves in the 20 mil range and that just isn't happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Annoying he'd even answer the question and give them the sound bite. Got me questioning his loyalty and if he's going to pull some funny **** like he did last year in the AFCCG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Bingo. I feel that this team has all the talent in the world but falls short above the neck. The past champion teams were professionals through and through. This new crop is just too much drama.

It's one thing to have one clown with talent that you try to bring on board to get you over the hump with the help of a core of solid lunch pail guys keeping them in check. The problem with this team is that many of the players that should be the leaders are too busy with this nonsense and have their head up their rears.

I want another championship but this core really makes me wonder if it's possible. I just feel you need guys that play for pride and team to make it to the end, not playing for stats, contact leverage, and their ego. I understand wanting to get paid, but seriously just take care of business on the field and that will take care of everything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Man this running back class is deep. I can think of 7 i would take right now. Sure bell is special but not 15 mil a yr special

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If we win the SB I would say bye . Use the money in other areas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1