1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Weather for Sunday's game.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerJJ, Jan 9, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    They do, they are a good group back there, however Ben and company vs the Jags D or Bortles and company vs our D in snowy weather advantage us, imo.

2. RSteelerz

RSteelerz Member

Dec 30, 2017

The weather is a factor, but not in the way many may think.

I don't feel that the cold or the snow is a factor at all. What I do feel is a factor is the wind.

The wind gives the Jaguars the advantage. Their defense is already good enough and it helps them slow down the Steelers' passing attack.

It's just the weather that they need to keep it close and try to steal one.

3. steelersfansince84

steelersfansince84 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Get your snow tires on bell I smell a heavy dose of leveon

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    You did see Bortles throw in the wind last week right.........I say advantage ours. jmo

5. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Our offensive advantage is Ben. Then Bell, Brown, Juju, McDonald and Bryant.

They have a RB.. Do they have any other top offensive players?

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The last time I remember us having a good snow game, Bell rolled for around 230 yards in Buffalo. I’d say the snow certainly works for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I always have felt like cold weather and snow is to the Steelers what hair was to Samson.

The Steelers always seem to raise their level of play in the cold and snow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just a couple things to point out about two Jags defensive stars...Dareus played in Buffalo open Stadium and Campbell played in Arizona dome Stadium should benefit Steelers.

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They actually have 3 decent RB's, Corey Ivory isn't bad and TJ Yeldon has been a starter for them in years past.

They ran for over 1,900 yards this season combined. Jags led the league in rushing.

Marquise Lee is a good WR too for them.

They bed more dangerous in the Passing game, but they lost Allen Robinson week 1. He's a good WR, almost Pro Bowl level some day.
    But then again I'm a Penn State homer.

10. RSteelerz

RSteelerz Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Yes I did see him throw in the wind! Do you really think he can be any worse?

What I am saying is that the wind gives them the opportunity to keep this game ugly which is just what they want.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I see what your saying however you talking about a longer pass game. Our short quick pass offense shouldn't be affected by the wind as much as Bortles will be. Not to mention Ben is so much better of a QB than Bortles. After watching Bortles last week the Jags only advantage is if they only let him throw 10 times or less and that number may be high.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I like our RB from Mich. over their RB from LSU in the snow and cold.

Slippery field nullifies pass rush and puts DB's at a disadvantage.

With limited pass rush I'll take Ben over Bortles anyday.

I think this game could turn into a blow out win for us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. RSteelerz

RSteelerz Member

Dec 30, 2017

I'm just hoping Bortles plays the same or worse than he did last week.

I remember the Tebow debacle so anything is possible. All we can do is wish for the best right?

We're on the same team STEELERFAN!
    Let's see what we can do!!!!

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    These condition's may require heavy dose of Le'von Bell both in the running game,

but more importantly in the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Agreed but Bortles arm does not scare me if anything I am worried he runs like last week that is where we struggle. As for Tebow that was basically on big play vs blown covers and us going against a good D. Not gonna say that can't happen again but I don't want to think like that. :smiley1:

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We don't need snowy weather to beat these guys. Too much can go wrong and you just know the Steelers will be the ones to suffer for it.

Windy snowy day will shake my confidence. Last report I saw said flurries, which is fine but 20 mile hour winds with gusts of 30. Im going to have nightmares between now and then of awry Ben passes dropping into hands of Jax DB's. :swoon:

IMO, only way we lose this game is if Ben repeats his week 5 performance.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They will have the field covered. Snow will blow through Saturday. Come Sunday, snow and the field will not be a factor. Wind is forecast at 5mph. That won’t be a factor either.

19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Field will be in good shape. They always replace the sod after the WPIAL games. But, the grounds crew do a much better job nowadays. Our field used to just be down right terrible.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  21. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Definitely seems to depend on the site you look at and, of course, the changing weather trends. I just looked at the AccuWeather site and they have a high of 18 and 6-8 mph winds. Virtually no chance of snow. Not bad.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    The weather must be in the Jaguars' heads. Blake Bortles said this yesterday, “I don’t know if you ever get used to [the cold], but you at least [get] some routine-type stuff,” quarterback Blake Bortles said. “What are you wearing? Different things like that trying to keep yourself warm. How does the cold weather affect each individual guy’s game and what do they need to do in order to make sure they can play at the level they need to be play at I think is huge.”

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jagu...inebacker-injured-during-wednesday-s-practice

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not saying we need snowy weather to beat them someone said it is an advantage to them I disagree. I don't care if it is sun, rain, snow, blizzard, tidal wave, hurricane, mud slide, wind storm whatever lol we win this game in all them.

I agree the only way we lose this game is if Ben has another stinker and I am confident Ben is gonna light them Jagoffs up!!!!!! :yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw: