1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFC Is terrible?

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by Brian Hopkins, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Brian Hopkins

Brian Hopkins New Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Hey everyone Pats fan that comes in peace. Currious were other teams fans stand in this but every single year we hear the same thing. The NFC is dominant, the AFC is crap. Does anyone else think this is overblown and just comes down to the AFC having better defenses vs the flashy offences of the NFC.

I mean how many times does the lousy AFC have to win against the unstoppable NFC?

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I will always pull for the AFC in the SB unless the ravens or bengals are in it. Really there are just a few teams in either conference that are legit "contenders" I'd say but there are some really weak divisions in the NFC. I mean the NFC West is a joke. The NFC North is a joke. The NFC East is generally referred to as the NFC LEAST. The NFC South is really the only one with pretty consistent quarterbacks across the board. Brees, Ryan, and Newton make up good qb's for a conference but NO can't field a defense and obviously Atlanta has a ways to go as well because I think they were ranked like 25th overall or something like that. They can play in flashes but can't maintain a dominant performance over the span of a game. I'm an endangered species around here though because I'm one of the few that actually thinks the pats are a legit truly great team and that Brady is the best of all time.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It goes back and forth over the years but with Brady and Ben growing old I think the NFC may become the stronger conference for awhile.

4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It almost seems like they play it up for certain fan bases. For example, the Cowboys are contenders every year to them, the truth is they have sucked for 25 years. They build up the NFC east which usually sucks. The Eagles got better this year but they are hit now. They also build up the NFC north, those teams haven’t won crap for years. GB got one in ‘10 but other than that... average.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    For each generation within each decade since the merger, the bid for power shifts.

70s were essentially the AFC's

80s and 90s were mainly the NFCs.

00s were about even.

10s have been AFC mainly thus far.

Should the current trend continue, AFC will continue to do well until the end of the decade. Then it will be the NFC's chance to hit back. That conference has more promising young QBs teams in the AFC would die to build around.

6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I think the NFC has the best chance of hoisting a Lombardi this year. The Vikings and Saints look like the two best overall teams in the NFL. Everyone in the AFC including the Pats and Steelers have pretty significant issues(defense).. Jags have a very good defense, but no Quarterback. The Titans have a decent defense, but are still a few pieces away from being a legitimate contender.

7. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    It only depends on every team's performance during the regular season AND playoffs.

Just think of what the future holds for every NFL team. The Patriots may be our hardest test, but once Brady and Belichick retire, will they perform the same way? Probably not.

It's not that the AFC is terrible, but it's all about the players, coaching staff, and general managers. They're the main reason why teams win or lose.

Answer these questions:

1. Why do you rarely see teams repeat as Super Bowl champions?
    2. Do you think the Super Bowl curse is real?
    Bonus question: Why are the Browns still struggling to be a successful team?

Overall, I have to agree with you. I also expected some of the other AFC teams to make the playoffs, but they didn't.

8. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    The NFC is deeper right now. More flawed teams fighting for top spots. The AFC has a couple dominant squads and then Everyone Else. Ir's really just a question of how you interpret that.

9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    26,000 plus post and never heard from again.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There's a reason for that.....

11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hmmmmm......... I do agree with him about the Pats and Brady and I know that more then a few agree too.