1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Inconsistencies

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Hypocycloids, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think the call was right, but when Ramsey rolls over it looked like the ball touches the ground. There is just no knowing how they will call things. I’m confused.....

2. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

You and everyone else not named Al Riveron.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If that's a catch then JJs is but not according to a certain someone. It's ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I support the players going on full strike until they change the rules. That was a catch but Jesse and Kelvin Benjamin were not? It is a bunch of BS

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup....but there's no bias....

6. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I didn't see the ball ever touch the ground tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hypocycloids

Oct 18, 2011
    Funny thing about it is Romo said I don’t think there’s enough to overturn it so they have to go with the Call on the field....Nantz made a comment about how they haven’t followed that rule all year. It’s bad when Nantz says something about the league...he normally keeps his mouth shut.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The NFL does not know what a catch is. As fundamental and critical a rule as there could be... and the league does not know how to define or determine a catch. Think about that.

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Agree wholeheartedly as the announcers said “it wasn’t conclusive that the ball wasn’t intercepted”.Agree with that but the call on the James catch was called a touchdown on the field and by N.F.L. standards should of stood because there wasn’t enough evidence to overturn it!No consistency is right!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It's not by accident....trust me

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    That could have been an instant replay of James’ catch. When the hands hit they moved and made the ball roll. And you could see it hit the ground. It will be interesting to see what the folks on here that called everyone conspiracy theorists wearing foil hats say bout this one because there was nothing different except the teams in the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    I find it hard to form a coherent sentence much less think about something other than your avatar.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  14. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Same here, the ball moved but from what I saw it never hit the ground. It was very similar to JJ's catch but his clearly hit.

15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The players will never, EVER, go on strike over rules. Salary cap %, minimum salary for service, long term health care? Yup. Rules? They could are less.

16. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Ramsey had his hand/arm under the ball so although it might of moved, it didn’t hit the ground.

The rules need sorting though as it’s inconsistencies is ruining games

17. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I don't know, man. I saw it touch the ground, my friends saw it, the announcers saw it ... I figured they let it stand based on lack of indisputable evidence to the contrary. I guess we'll find out if/when the NFL letter issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Obviously......it hit the ground. HD guys it's 2018 for god sake :smiley1:

19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I didn’t see the game , but from what multiple Posters in this thread have said on the Ramsey interception the ball didn’t hit the ground. However, on the James incompletion the ball clearly hit the ground. I can see how that minor difference would be confusing.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Oh like the Jesse James catch?

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Technology has hampered the game. They need to put a time limit on these replays. What I don't like the decision is in the hands of one person (River$hit). There have been so many inconsistent calls this season. I feel that on the TD where mariotta caught his own pass that he was over the line of scrimmage. No call, no reference. On the Jesse non TD, River$hit said that is was a completed catch. But then it was incomplete? I feel this replay crap has gotten out of control. The competition committee definitely needs to revisit what is and what isn't a catch in the offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No surprise to me.

The NFL clearly needs to revise the catch rule. Going back to the way it once was would solve everything.

23. Hypocycloids

Oct 18, 2011
    From what my eyes saw, it was debateable which was the point of the post. No need to be condescending.

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

The quarterback' whole body has to be beyond the los. I know the artificial tv line isn't the end all be all, but it seemed pretty clear to me Mariota wasn't completely past the los.

25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Then we would have even more people claiming the game is rigged. People would sit at home using their computers to dissect every single play and calling the league like golf fans do.