1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Munchak to interview for HC position

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 1, 2018.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Arizona Cardinals have asked for permission to interview him, of course they did they're Steelers West.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Please turn down any offers

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    after the Pats cut Harrision the Cards will sign him for a 10 year deal

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Apparently the cardinals have requested permission to interview Schwartz and Patricia as well.

5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Hood maybe they will leave MM alone........:beg::beg::beg:

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Take Haley instead!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Let's give Munchak a nice raise

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I think these guys especially former HC's aren't to anxious to go into less than stellar positions. Arizona doesn't have a QB worth a damn, Fitz is close to calling it if he doesn't this off season. Not an enviable position to take I think. The Raiders gig makes sense for Gruden or whomever else as they have a good young team. I believe it was Gruden who said he'd have to have a stud QB already in the wings for him to get excited about a spot again.

Will be interesting to see how grudens message works these days with the new age. Something I've often wondered about Cowher should he ever choose to come back. Don't think these kids enjoy hot headed in your face coaches these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I can see your point with the in your face approach. But I've heard a lot of players like the approach John Mitchell takes. Old school, in your face, blunt, to the point. Players really know where they stand and what's expected. But then again, you're talking about def lineman. Could be different for your diva wrs and dbs lol.

But in all reality, a great coach will know his players personality and what gets that individual motivated. The same tactics won't work on every single player imo. I'm sure that goes for players even within the same position grouping.

As for Munchak taking a HC position again will be how much he thinks he has to prove again. 4 years older and in a great spot. Does he still have the need to prove his merit as an HC? Career goals change as time goes by, it will be interesting to see for sure. That would suck if he moves on though. We'd be losing a good one.

11. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Anybody heard if Munch is even interested??....REALLY REALLY don't wanna lose this guy!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    IF MM leaves, I know Shaun Sarrett has been mentoring under Munchak, but I hope they go with someone else. He played 3 years at Kent State, Ohio. I know he interviewed for the position in '13 or '14, but I'd be looking for someone with more of a pedigree I guess.

Alan Faneca? a possibility, he's helped in TC IIRC

• Like Like x 1
  13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Was wondering the same, it said that the Cards only asked for permission. Don't know if it was even granted or if MM is interested.

14. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Gruden will have to lay off the sauce then.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would be interested in "Stink" as a candidate should the need arise. Love listening to Mark Schlereth on tv/radio, a very football smart guy imo. Not sure if he's interested in a coaching career though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Arizona doesn't have a QB. Former head coaches who have gone back to being assistants typically don't go back with having a good QB.
    The one thing Arizona offers is getting a nice contract for their future and purchase a Scottsdale home for retirement. BA won't move back to Georgia during the winter. He can pontoon in Georgia in June.
    Herm Edwards is getting things aligned. It really doesn't matter if he doesn't turn AZ State into power house football team.

17. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Unfortunately teams will come calling for his services.But I have to think coaching an o-line that he has turned into one of, if not the best in the league ,full of guys in their prime with pro bowls on their resumes has to account for something..This line has only got better and with some quality depth as well,i think it will continue to ascend...With that said,some coaches you just cant lose and Munch is one of them...Pay the man...make him assistant head coach ...whatever it takes!!...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah they have Leftwich on their staff as well. They love them some Steelers!!!:roflmao:

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Stay here, Munch.

Coach the Steelers when Tomlin hangs it up. (Although after seeing an interview with MT, that could be a very long wait)

20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Noooo! I don’t want to lose Munch.

21. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Just say no...

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Either decision I will accept.

He has earned every form of credibility in his NFL Resume. He deserves another chance.

I wish him all the best should he elect to leave. Assisted the development of All Pros in DeCastro and Pouncey while transforming even the likes of Big Al and B.J. Finney into quality starting capable lineman.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Seriously at some point a team shouldn't be allowed to keep poaching so many coaches from another team like AZ has.

24. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I kinda of figured MM was going to be our next OC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    What interview? What did he say?