1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Showed they can compete.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by troybellringer55, Dec 17, 2017.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It stings, we all saw Tom Brady and Gronk look like a deer in the headlights, after Ju Ju’s Big play.

We all celebrated when what we thought was TD to Jesse James only to see the refs say it was no catch.

Then we were shocked, mad, pissed etc. you name it we felt it.

We want to look for excuses. Blame the refs, blame the NFL. Let’s no go there, we ain’t Seattle fans.

I can tell you this the Steelers can down right compete with these guys. This was minus a former all pro-corner, playing an inside line backer that was on his couch watching the games two weeks ago. We’re the patriots compelety healthy no, but no where near the Steelers are. Minus the NFL’s best reciever. AB.

Bryant stood up, maybe he found his JuJu? Speaking of JuJu, he came within 10 yards of pulling off the biggest play, in perhaps Heinz Field History. Conner is out and all dice is rolling with 7 and 26. Can you get down on Ben, no. If it wasn’t for him, we never would have been in the game, and for a lot of this game he out dualed Tom Brady.

Blame Tomlin no. I maybe would of went for it on the 4th and One on my side of the field but, he trusted his defense. It almost paid off Davis almost had a pick to maybe seal it.

This one stings. Focus on Huston, 2nd seed is of most importance. Let’s not forget the Buffalo Bills are scrapping for a playoff spot the 6th seed, and they need to beat the pats, in order to win it.
    We take care of our business then maybe we can get some help and be one game ahead.

If not take this for thought, Steelers have a better road record than home record this year, oh and the Pats they also have more home losses than road losses.

It stings, but this wasn’t some 37-17, 29-14, butt whooping, we had them. I hope that pissed off feeling brings them together and we can try to go after #7.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:applaud:

Well said. As the saying goes;

" One may cocede the fight. However, the war is a forgone conclusion."

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    No doubt in my mind we win that game with AB. Maybe someday before he retires ben will learn throwing the ball away is necessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I got no problems going for the W.
    Hell I would of went for it 4th and One on my own 35. If they score so what then I got enough time for my offense to go score.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    The Steelers next two teams are against teams out of it completely. Get two wins. Get the bye week stay out of the wildcard round. Maybe someone will upset them. It happened in 2010 that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I'm not complaining about going for the win. It's the forcing the ball into a guy surrounded by 4 people that's messed up. That ball should have been thrown away. Kick the field goal and win in it in OT.

7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    OP is right, of course. But the essence of this game is slowly but surely getting squashed by the powers that be, no matter what angle anyone chooses to argue from. With the emotion of the game having abated for me at this time, I realize that the way the rule is written, the overturn on the James TD was the right call but that that call had to be made is in part what is taking the fun out of this game. At least for me, anyway.

8. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    He knows he must it up. That’s that’s what you with a gun slinger. Bens never been one to throw it away. It was a rushed play from the get go. When a play gets rushed off it doesn’t always go well.

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry, troy, I understand what you're saying, I really do, so I mean no disrespect when I say this. I didn't want to "compete", I wanted to win! I'm tired of being owned by the freaking Patriots. Now, in all likelihood, the road to Super Bowl goes through Foxborough where our chances of winning are much slimmer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

Just wished we would have won it though.

My primary canididate to knock off New England was Jacksonville. That defense matches up with any offense in the league; regardless of who is the quarterback.

Perhaps someone else? Want Kansas City to do it but I forget the current standings. :lolol:

11. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I wanted to Win too and they coulda woulda shoulda. But, today wasn’t the AFC championship game.

It’s kind of like when your in high school and you got a crush on a girl. Then she’s says your a good friend, sometimes there something waiting better on the other side.

The season isn’t over there is still tomorrow. Winning championships isn’t suppose to be easy it’s a better ride with hardships.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    You know what? Every time we were the second seed in the playoffs. Can someone tell me what we did? We went to the superbowl. I am over the loss now and I think this may be some sort of blessing.

13. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    And he might have caught it if he wasn't being mugged before the ball got there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You're right that today wasn't the AFCCG, but in all likelihood today determined where the AFCCG will be played. I'd like our chances at Heinz Field, but not at Gillette Stadium.

15. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Hey it’s quite possible kc or jville can knock them out, heck who’s saying they can’t knock us out.

Patriots aren’t going to be playing a beat up Texans team this year in the divisional round with a back up QB

16. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    There is still two weeks. The pats do not rightfully deserve the #1 seed. So let’s hope the football gods return the favor and they get beat by the bills/jets.

Let’s also hope that the jags lose next Sunday as well. We could use some rest against the browns. The 49ers aren’t great, but they just beat the titans and the titans beat the jags. The season hasn’t ended yet.

17. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Don’t forget about the Bills, they are fighting damn hard for the 6th spot and their franchise hasn’t been in the playoffs in 16 years and the ravens are right with them, one loss could doom either team. So if they lose, and we win out. We got a shot at the 1 seed again.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yay the Steelers get a participation trophy, the Steelers can never finish a game with their stars healthy against the Patriots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    No trophies handed out in regular season games. The season didn’t end today.
    There is a tomorrow.
    History has repeated itself today, but maybe we will get another shot to change it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice thread. With all that has been said, I think this team is loaded for bear now and that we will win the rest of the season games and go to Foxboro to kick some butt. Those players saw what we saw and are pissed with the call as we are. The only thing that could possibly keep us from winning in Foxboro are the same refs we had today.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Or Belicheck pulling the fire alarm again

22. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    We need to get the bye week at all costs. Hope they put it behind them , move on to the Texans.
    Jacksonville has an easy schedule, unless the Titans get their head out of their butts.

Steelers have the easier teams to play.

23. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    How big of a difference would it make playing in NE or Pittsburgh for the AFCCG? That's the question.

Personally, I still believe the Steelers win the SB. I see no quit; nothing today tells me they can't play with those cheaters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    way too many "easy games" lost in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It doesn't matter if he's a gunslinger or not. Every play there needed to either be a shot into the end zone or incomplete. The prior pass to dhb shouldn't have been thrown either. The pass to the end zone and the pass to dhb were stupid on Ben's part. At the very least they likely cost us a chance to win in OT. However, because of his poor decisions it cost us the game.
    It sucks the pass to James was ruled incomplete, but it stopped the clock and allowed us to regroup. The pass to dhb let the clock run and led directly to the stupid interception. Ben has been playing too long to still be making those stupid mistakes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1