1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"Steelers record of 11-2 is overrated"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 14, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Number of winnings teams these teams have beat:

Steelers : 7
    Vikings : 6
    Falcons: 5
    Eagles: 4
    Saints: 4
    Panthers: 4
    Jags: 4
    Pats: 3
    Rams: 3
    Seahawks:2

There you go, reap in it. About to be 8 teams.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Our schedule hasn't been an easy one. 3 games in a row winning with last minute FG's is not how you want to be winning all of the time though. Brady has always owned us so I'm not sure how any of this matters. 3 reasons the pats own us ...and I know I'm right.

#1 Brady picks apart zone coverage as good as anyone... he knows the soft spot in the zone the second the ball is snapped. They've always had GREAT WR's for beating zones.
    #2 We can't ever pressure the Brady. You have to give Brady consistent pressure.. the phins game Monday was a perfect example. Last few games we can't seem to pressure the QB.
    #3 Miscues. Patriots play disciplined ball. We don't. Just a fact. blown coverages are so common this year , I expect it on every series. Our secondary is also prone to bad penalties...if it's not a call for losing your cool it's a stupid holding or PI call that always seems to kill us. The best Qb's see the field well... so when there's a blown coverage they see it. I think in the first 8 games we played bad Qb's and got away with alot of mistakes. Bad tackling technique is also a major problem.

These 3 things have been an issue against the Pats every time we've played them. These 3 things have also been a big problem for us lately. I'm expecting a blow out. Our only chance is Ben..he's been on fire so I guess he's the wildcard. I just don't think Ben can carry us against NE. We need plays from our defense. Watching the dolphins game on Monday was eye opening to how poorly disciplined we are...and how you beat NE.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    pats are hobbled. If we cant beat em sunday, and if we see em in the playoffs and cant beat them there either, we never will lol.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Patriots are just simply not a good matchup for the Steelers. We don't have the personnel and can't run the proper scheme to limit Brady's scoring and none of our LBs and DBs can cover Gronkowski. The Patriots didn't have Gronk last year in the AFCC, and they still destroyed the Steelers. Sunday's game will get ugly quick. I predict this game will be over by early in the 3rd quarter, like it was last year.

I doubt Roethlisberger and the offense will be able to keep up with the Patriots. Steelers offense will try to do too much too quick and turn the ball over. The Patriots D... no matter how bad they look on paper or how many good players they have on IR, seem to always disrupt the Steelers offense and cause too many 3 and outs. This is the usual recipe for disaster in Patriots vs. Steelers matchups.

As far as the "overrated" thing goes... Steelers never were a complete team all year and I can understand why people would label them as such. The defense played well before the Lions game (minus the Bears game) and the offense started to spring to life when the defense faltered in that same game. The Lions game was the beginning of the regression on defense. The offense was downright lethargic until the Lions game and has been good to great since then. So basically, the defense bailed out the offense in the first 7 games and the offense has bailed out the defense in the last 6 games.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers will have to prove not once but twice that they have gotten over on the Patriots. Until they do, I will assume they will be blown out on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    we will beat the pats. I am dvr'ing the game and will check at 7pm on the forums hopefully seeing "we did it" posts lol

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    OK, if the Steelers do beat the Patriots... with our luck, Deshaun Watson will miraculously be taken of Texans' IR due to some amazing medical breakthrough that heals ACLs in a few days and Texans destroy the Steelers on Xmas day... 55-10. :icon mrgreen:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I look at this game being the Super Bowl, because if we don`t win this game we are not going there and this season is wasted.

In other words, if we have home field, we SHOULD be able to beat the Cheats again, if we lose we will lose again if we go to NE.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers would have to beat the Patriots and knock Brady out for the year. That's what I am hoping for.

10. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We’re good enough to win. Regardless of how you win, few teams ever get 11 wins over 13 games.

If at the beginning of the season you were told the Steelers would have 12 wins, you would say that was a great year.

They will likely end up with 13 or 14.
    This is a great year and it’s only going to get better.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    wouldn't surprise me if we beat the Pats and then lose to the Yates/Savage led Texans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers win Super Bowls or they dont. That's what matters. Wins mean dick in the end if it doesn't earn the Lombardi Trophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Not sure how that counter argument is in disagreement with what I said. As the win total I referred to was for the regular season. And that win total is going to get them a first round bye, which contributes immensely to getting to the Super Bowl. Like last year, you can’t win it if you don’t get there.

Furthermore by your logic that wins are meaningless, would you be in favor of resting Ben, Brown, and Bell these next three weeks to keep them healthy for the playoffs? If wins mean nothing, and they’re already in, no point in risking injury.

14. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

If steelers don't beat the pats this Sunday, they are not beating them in the playoffs ...This game is the Steelers season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Watching Broncos/Colts right now. Now THERE are two teams with wasted seasons!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We are by far the worst 11-2 team out there.

• Hilarious x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  17. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

I can't believe ,he is getting closer and closer to breaking the Madden curse...lol

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Can’t wait to hear we are the worst 14-2 super bowl winner lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Worst in the AFC anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m sure some fans will find a way to pass it off as a fluke and demand Tomlin’s head for not going 19-0 with our talent.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. InBenWeTrust

InBenWeTrust Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Our Super Bowl wins were flukes too.

22. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Unless they cancel the playoffs we are not going to win the Superbowl with a 14 - 2 record.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is true. They are also the best 11-2 team in the AFC, because they are the only 11-2 team in the AFC. The Steelers are tied with the Eagles for the best record in the NFL, and the Eagles just lost one of the top quarterbacks in the game. There are two 10-3 teams, the Patriots and Vikings. The Steelers beat the Vikings convincingly early in the season.

The Patriots are better, especially with Shazier gone, but the whole bit about the Steelers being overrated is ridiculous when you consider their record, that they have already beaten another of the league's best and they beat more teams with winning records than anybody else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    haha you know what I mean lol

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    That was my point.