1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens discussion

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Maybe I’m a lone voice in the wilderness, but I think these things will galvanize the Steelers.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I hope you're right, Clive.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Anybody have any guesses on how long Boswell's game-winning field goal will be this week? :shrug:

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes these can also bring this team together as well hope your right.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Stop the run & the Steelers win. Flacco has no "A" game, not really worried about this one at Heinz Field. Still seeing 6-0 in the division if Landry can beat the Browns.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    With Brandon Williams back I expect Ravens to do the good ol Ben killer. Rush 4 drop 7, Bell will be limited.

Time to step up Bryant, rogers, vance and jesse

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Prime time game at home, Sunday night football, playing for your injured brother. All he asked for was to beat the Ravens. Do that and win the division. If they can’t do that then their playoff trip this year will be short. I think they will play inspired motivated football. Now is the time for a dominating performance from all 3 units.

Here we go STEELERS here we go!

• Like Like x 2
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Earlier this season they beat the Ravens 26-9 :shrug:.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They won't need it, the Steelers will win comfortably :herewego!:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The optimists side of me says we will win big as a homage to Shazier, but the pessimist side says the offense will struggle without Choo Choo train just plain wreckin' dudes and his receiving. The realist side says Danny Smith better have his STs units firing on all cylinders. Field position and FGs will dictate a lot imo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I expect every one of these games to be hideous 13-10 type games.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

you are not alone . I was thinking the very same thing. This will likely unify them even more.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Those don’t count lol Flacco was hurt and the Vikings game Keemun was in transition.

-haters

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There was a game a couple of Thursdays ago. Maybe you missed it. 40-17 Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I do not understand the optimism here. Sure, the Steelers are still the better team, but a lot has changed since that first meeting. Most importantly, Brandon Williams is playing for the Ravens this time. He missed the first meeting. That makes a huge difference in the run defense.

The improvement for the Steelers of late has come in the passing game, but that's where Smith-Schuster's suspension hurts. I expect the Steelers to rely more on Roethlisberger than they did the first time around, but they have to do that without their No. 2 receiver.That is why I find the suspension so infuriating. There is a very good chance it will cost them this week's game.

The Ravens aren't great offensively, but they have been better in recent weeks. Also, the run defense is significantly weaker without Shazier and it was already inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    You aren't hillbilly biker are you? I think he was the one who used to do that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup it most certainly was hillbilly.. Dont know whatever happened to him.. Miss his contributions though lol

18. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    He disappeared like pimply dan..except Pimply gets more love.

19. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Remember no Jimmy smith for the Ravens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I feel this will be a big reason why MB will have a breakout game......

• Like Like x 1
  21. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    People keep forgetting the loss of Jimmy Smith is about as big as it gets. Losing him is as bad as losing Shazier, and we know this sucks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think Bryant and Rogers really need to take their game to a different level. If we can get a good start for once and make them play from behind we will be in good shape.

What frustrates me more than anything is in the last 10 years whenever Baltimore does beat us its like they play Steeler football better then we do.

Stop the run win the turnover battle and we win going away. This game is always tight we can't give them any easy points or short fields.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The loss of Smith is negated somewhat by the suspension of Smith-Schuster. It is negated even more by the presence of Williams in the middle of the Baltimore defense. His absence is the main reason the Steelers were able to run so effectively the first time around. That won't happen again.

Aside from Smith, the Ravens have everybody playing Sunday. (I'm assuming Mosley is questionable in the same way that Mitchell is questionable. I'm guessing both will play.) Between suspensions and injuries, the Steelers are missing their No. 2 receiver, their right tackle, their best cornerback and their best linebacker.

I'm not saying they don't have a decent chance to win, but the folks saying there is no reason for concern are fooling themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That name in bold is the real problem. Rogers hasn't even been close to the player he was last year. That is why the loss of Smith-Schuster is such an issue. I don't see any reason to believe Rogers will play well Sunday. We haven't seen it all season.

What have you seen that makes you think the Steelers are likely to win the turnover battle and stop the run? The Ravens are very good at forcing turnovers and they are running the ball well. The Steelers have had trouble in both areas at times this season and the run defense is weaker than ever.

25. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They need to feature Rogers with more crossing routes like they did in the playoffs last year, maybe he just needs to get in sync with BB.

We lose something in slot coverage with Moats replacing Shaz but I think Moats will be fine against the run. Bigger body and not likely to overrun the play opening cutback lanes.

I would still love to see some 4 3 just to see if the front four can generate more push. Also hoping Sutton gets more reps Sensabaugh seemed out matched last week.

Sutton at least was closer when the ball got there.

Watched the Bengals game a second time last night, with Dalton getting rid of the ball in less than 2.3 seconds on most plays why not play some press coverage to disrupt his timing.