1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shazier update

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Dec 5, 2017.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Exactly. I heard the report on NFL Network and immediately thought the same. IDK who this doctor is, but unless he's hands on with Shazier and is on the team treating him, it's all just opinion. My wife is an IM doc and I should ask her when she gets home "what is spinal stabilization surgery?" and I can guarantee you that she's going to tell that it isn't good.

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    God speed. Great talent, great guy. Could never stay healthy. Sure sounds like the career is over though things may look differently by the time the weather gets hot. I've no doubt he'll recover enough to have a normal life. I hope someone can do a decent job in his place (Moats, maybe) or we are very screwed. I desperately wanted CJ Mosley over Shaz and that opinion never changed. Now that we have neither it truly sucks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
  4. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Just had a nightmare. Matakevich chasing Rex Burkhead over the middle for his 13th catch of the game.

5. 65Toss-Power-Trap

Oct 23, 2017
    Edit: The nightmare was Matakevich on the field, period. Any game.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. SteelTruck

SteelTruck Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Guard Ramon Foster, the team’s player representative to their union, said the team told players not to say anything about Shazier’s condition: “I refuse to say anything about it because whatever it is is very sensitive and they told us not to.”

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Give the kid a chance, not saying he is Shazier but he isn't as bad as many here are saying. Of course with him out we won't know but if he comes back I hope he makes a lot of people eat their words.......

8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    "No comment" works. These guys aren't too bright.

9. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    This doctor speculates fusion surgery with hardware and the recovery will be awhile (4-6 months). Hopefully we start to hear some good news.
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...d-sp-pfd-ryan-shazier-surgery-1207-story.html

10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Hipaa laws

11. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015

We get it. You don't like Matakevich

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Starting to think maybe Tyler boinked your wife or your daughter!!......OR BOTH

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's like the JPP thing all over again. Rush to air (print) before the facts are known

14. 65Toss-Power-Trap

Oct 23, 2017
    Watch the tape. It's not subjective.

15. 65Toss-Power-Trap

Oct 23, 2017
    Starting to think your reference to him by first names is silly. You don't personally know him.

Regardless, he sucks and belongs on the sideline. The Bengals abused him badly, all game long until he went out, at which time, the Steelers defense magically improved.

16. 65Toss-Power-Trap

Oct 23, 2017
    Do you actually have two working, functional EYES? I'll await your answer because those of us who actually know football, and have two EYES that work, saw a kid on that field being abused all game long, late to make reads, late to make reaction, missing tackles, missing assignments, and basically being used all game long out there. Lost as hell. He had a chance: He was on the field while the Bengals ran on him, threw on him, and abused him.

It was addition by subtraction when he went out with an injury.

17. bleednblackngold

Oct 25, 2015
    Read the thread title. You're off topic with a statement you've made about 20 times since he went in the game Monday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’ve had some experience with these implantable devices, and my brother’s a biomedical engineer who’s deep in the medical side of things

It’s difficult to cite a precautionary reason for spinal stabilization. Even the more innocuous reasons typically involve something like a discectomy. That’s not a life-in-a-wheelchair sentence by any means. It still boils down to the extent of the damage to Shazier’s spinal cord, which I suspect even the doctors don’t yet know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. 65Toss-Power-Trap

Oct 23, 2017
    You a moderator?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No, but he's right.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    I sense some tension ^^^:duel::popcorn::drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm not going to buy into the ESPN report until I hear from the team or Shazier's doctors.

But from the moment he was carried off the field, I assumed his season was over.

I just hope he regains full mobility and some day that he might be able to return to football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah! .....and unless you look like bleednblackngolds avatar.......I gotta side with TTF on this one
    Sorry for the disclaimer Boss.....You understand? ;)

24. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    This type of procedure is only done to restrict movement of the back until the damaged area heals. It's done to "accelerate" healing and to ensure that the spine heals "straight", as opposed to crooked. Don't know where the "his career is over" conclusions came from ? He should be ok in just a few months with attention and therapy. Aka he should be able to return by next season

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017