1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Mitchell Rant

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Anone think he gets fined for this? Holy Cow!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Probably will get fined but he’s telling the absolute truth.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Damn, Mitchell is spitting venom! 'Bought time a player stood up and said what we all feel

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, this was in another thread.

Kaboly is right, he killed it.

5. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    So glad he called out that scumbag Hasselback. He was pitching a fit about Mitchell earlier in the season when he fell into Alex Smith unintentionally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Saw it on Facebook this morning. I think he dies get fined, but it's the truth. In the comments fans from even other teams were agreeing with him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It comes up, "The media could not be played" what did he say?

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    nailed it mike. :applaud::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Except for quoting a murderer, he makes a lot of sense.

10. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Just think about what Goodell is doing to the league by watering it down...he’s appeasing people who probably don’t watch football anyway and more than likely would love to see it disappear all together while running off long time football fans. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. And at the same time he’s allowing misguided protests to drive away even more fans while ratings and attendance drop and what do the owners do? Give him an extension with a raise. Unbelievable. It may not be hitting them in the wallet too bad now but wait till the next TV contract comes up. Then they will see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I was all with Mitchell, until he said he was a safety with 4.4 speed. Then he lost me.

Make sure Steelers don't put Mitchell in the scouting department when he retires if he thinks he has 4.4 speed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Dont know what he's running today but that was his 40

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Without pads. They are all timed at the combine without pads. Casey Hampton probably ran a 7.8 without pads. Or was that the earthquake richter scale that he registered on?

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    and Baddell just got a 4 year extension

15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The clock was broken

16. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    League office: "Mike Mitchell says he runs a 4.4 - better drug test him"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I will say this again, and it probably won't be the last: The NFL HAS TO crack down on hits from the very real fear of getting sued out the butt. That is it, pure and simple. It's not from Goodell, he is merely reacting to what the owners want; he is not some cowboy just acting out some Machiavellian agenda to fine and suspend players, just because. Obviously, the owners didn't care all that much about player safety in the past; they had a total s---t retirement/health care program until recently. They have NEVER cared about play safety until they realized there was a very real threat of getting sued. Now they HAVE TO take actions which they can use in court to make the case that they care about player safety, particularly the CTE issue.

If they didn't have the fear of being sued on that front, it would be business as usual. All this bluster about Goodell this and that and it being unfair is just wasted breath. But leave it to Mitchell to not grasp that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think the issue is that punishments seem to change week-to-week based on the social media backlash. If a hit goes largely unnoticed by the masses it gets overlooked by the commish.

I agree they need to protect the players. IMHO I think to do that I think they may need to take away the hard helmets, which would ultimately change the way the players play (less launching/spearing) ... force players to tackle more upright with their hands.

Them getting sued was an issue for older players, which they know better now than playing a guy who is concussed. I have a feeling moving forward in the next CBA there is going to be some waiver that rookies will sign stating they know what they signed up for. The next CBA is going to be highly contested for a variety of issues. I'm anticipating a strike.

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No actually it was the number of Whoppers he ate while waiting to run...

20. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Epic monologue.

Obviously, he has several things in his head at the moment: JuJu, Brown, Burfict, last years game, this recent matchup, past fines... You can almost feel his emotions flowing.

I love this guys character.
    You may not like what he's saying, but you have to recognize that he's risking his money and he just put himself a big target on his back for the commisioner just to speak out about things he believes in.

That's leadership, gentleman. I'll start a guy with that character on my team. Everyday.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have not been a very big Mitchell fan this season but way to go Mike!!!!! Love it let them have it, I think we may see/hear more of this soon from other players, jmo

23. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015

I absolutely will not tolerate a discussion on Goodell where rational thought is brought into it! It's much more fun just to say :goodellsucks:

But seriously, I think many of us know darn well that he is just doing the owners' will; and running cover for them from his fellow lawyers. He is, however, an unabashed hypocrite who pretends to care about player safety while really caring only for the bottom line. He's the willing face and mouthpiece of all this BS from the owners, and is quite well compensated to be their whipping boy. Well, in that case, I'll be only to happy to take a crack at him every chance I get and I heartily applaud anyone else who does too!

So I say :goodellsucks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I love that video.... Lots of truth !!!

The hate for Goodell must slow down..... Share it with Vincent and the arbitrators!!!

Cajun

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I know Mitchell hits this topic on a roundabout way, but the amount of penalties being called is just over the top for me. All penalties, not just the ones he is referring to with the headshots, etc. I don't think I've watched a non-Steeler game this year and probably will not. I may catch a playoff game or 2, but they are losing me. That piece of melba toast that does the commenting with Gruden on MNF, said it best, "we aren't tuning in to watch an 80yd TD called back due to some very minor/borderline hold, we're here to watch some big plays" Paraphrasing but that was the jist.