1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju's suspension upheld

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The only way the suspensions make sense is if they are message sending from the league and them both teams have to have one. By removing one but not the other you have just opened a can of worms,

2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    At least this will get Bryant more Into the game and ready for the playoffs

3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I disagree. Iloka was trying to force an end zone incompletion. He made his hit barely three minutes after the Smith-Schuster hit on Burfict, which implies retaliation. And Iloka has a history.

4. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    He turned and led with his shoulder. Iloka’s was as clear a straight helmet to helmet hit as your going to see!

So I think the ban was upheld to set an example due to the standing over, taunting in what was a ugly game of football.

Should of been settled with a fine

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    He ran right towards him as Burfict faced him. The only way that is a blindside hit is if the name on the back of the jersey is Keller.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He needs to go full Zeke Eliot. And once we get to right before the Browns game, go“nah, I’ll take the week off”

• Like Like x 1
  7. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Juju admitted he should had held back a little more during the hit on Burfict.
    As I wrote before, Juju was in a similar situation later in the game and held back. He still made a solid block on the defender in that situation.

Punishing blocks/hits could potentially kill someone. How would you feel if someone dies or is paralyzed as a result of a punishing hit that didn't need to be a punishing hit? Football is changing and I believe fan's mentality should change too.

Juju can block however he likes. It's not my money or health on the line. If he continues to "lay people out" as opposed to attempting to deliver a solid block then he will be fined and possibly suspended. Like it or not those are the rules. If Juju continues down the path you suggested he will only hurt himself, another player, and his team.

8. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    It looked like a blind side hit to me. I don't believe Burfict saw Juju coming. Blind side hits are of the most dangerous kinds of hits in football.

9. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I was more confused when he was finished explaining. :huh1:

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not the same procedures as far as JuJu's case and Zeke's case.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    After the fact he admitted, later in the game he already was in damage control. He didn't throw an illegal block! If the rules committee changes it to be a such the yeah all teams I guess will have to change up some stuff moving forward. He didn't need to stand over his opponent like he did which hasn't lead to a suspension yet in my memory but it happened. So next time, he'll let up as will other players and just get blown up by the defender I presume and hopefully don't get themselves marred. It's the game that's played

Change the rules, then call it fair I bet one happens and the other doesn't so we'll keep having this convo one way or the other. Football plays are different than dirty plays and JUJus was a football play! I wished he would've just went about biz like normal, but he didn't. Just like people refuse to just flip the ball to the ref after a play and get back to the huddle... Along with tackling, it's another lost art.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont want anyone to die or permanent injury, I was sick over the Shazier injury but I've been watching football for a long time, never saw anyone die from the type of block JuJu laid on Burfict. The catastrophic injuries I have seen are on plays like Shazier or Byrd, was watching that game when it happened.

I like old school football, doesnt mean I want to see someone injured. Laying punishing hits on players during the game works towards winning the game. Seattle hits people very hard in context of the rules, its effective, makes them tentative, wears them down.

See Mitchels interview he gave today, I agree with him 100%

13. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I believe those types of blind side hits to the head are illegal.

14. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

https://t.co/e74GmPNN5a

He hit him from the front. If you can't see that you're as blind as Burfict

15. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Burfict never saw the hit coming because his head was turned. It was helmet to helmet contact on a defenseless player. I think if Burfict saw the hit coming the result of the impact would had been different.

Anyways our opinions don't matter. In the league's eyes the hit was illegal. Juju only made it worse by taunting.