1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju suspended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    The question will be do they follow this for other players. If not JuJu should be able to sue or something. Either way I can deal with it just to see Sh*T Head Burfict get his.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Penalty? Sure.

Fine? I can live with that.

Suspension?!

Is Burfict still allowed in the league? Is Adam Jones? Suh? Did Gronk get 8 games?

No?

Then I cordially invite the powers that be to copulate with themselves using a rusty chainsaw. This is not in any way an offense worthy of suspension. I'll even go as far as to say Illoka's wasn't either - although I'd fine him the max.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... "player safety," and "send a message." Please. If you cared about player safety, you wouldn't have them playing games on Thursdays with 3 days rest. A certain player who's playing the victim right now wouldn't have even been on the field. And shoulder pads would be higher and wider to prevent some of the incidental helmet contacts.

Just be honest that there was a script to last night's game before it even started. You played up the angle of rough play. Waited for a rough play, and then went all righteous. All the while, acting like Burfict was somehow a misunderstood, gentle sportsman. I don't have to live on a farm to know what manure smells like.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Dilly dilly! Agree X 1000

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wonder if the officials said to the coaches and players at some point "clean this up or there will be suspensions" due to all the penalties and fierce hitting, trying to gain a little control. Then after the warning, both Juju and the Bengal have violent helmet to helmet hits. The league then had to follow through. Pure speculation on my part, but at least that would make sense. Gotta follow up on a warning.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow first offense gets a suspension...

Way to throw established precedence out the window!

Also, I like how he gets called out for behavior from the taunt, but I guess Burfict trying to fight everyone on the field after every play (including after he was supposedly knocked out) is acceptable professional behavior?

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think the taunting sealed it for him, I shook my head when he did that :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Fine him, suspend him, whatever! I just ordered a JuJu replica jersey!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Gronkowski should've gotten at least 2 games, premeditated hit on a dead play that results in a player getting a concussion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is the truly disgusting part of this. No way Smith-Schuster's actions come close to the level of offense that Gronkowski committed. Hell, it wasn't even as bad as A.J. Green's attack on Jalen Ramsey a few weeks back which drew no suspension.

And the league needs to stop lying by calling it a head shot. It wasn't a head shot. Iloka's hit on Brown was a head shot. Smith-Schuster led with a shoulder to Burfict's chest, but the helmets touched, too. That is not a head shot.

That the suspension is only one game is irrelevant. This could cost the Steelers that game. Brown is still hurting and facing a short week of preparation. Now they are down their other starter and forced to put the useless Eli Rogers in an important role. Roethlisberger should have been able to use his three receivers to carve up a Baltimore secondary that just lost its best cornerback, but the league took that away without proper reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Razorback

Steel_Razorback Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

Absolutely correct. A fine for taunting could be seen as reasonable by many, but a suspension?!

Regardless, it was totally worth it seeing that d-bag Burfict get that "karma". It's been exciting seeing JuJu as a promising rookie.... but with this play he became a beloved Steeler. The injuries to Bell, Ben, and Brown from Burfict's dirty play is insane. Just look to recent history http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/brown-bell-ben-all-injured-by-burfict/ For years the league has been unwilling stop VB. I've often wondered how long it would take before the players fixed the problem themselves? Imagine a punk like Burfict headhunting the 70's Steelers? Imagine how they would have responded to an opposing player who purposefully injured Franco, Bradshaw, and Swann? Then laughed or denied it?! Those HoF'ers would have protected their players and broken him in two.... penalties/punishments be d*mned. If you doubt it go to you tube and search "Jack Lambert - Cliff Harris". :roflmao: One of my all time favorite Steeler moments! Good job, JuJu, protecting Bell with a hard block and maybe putting that loser on notice the Steelers take care of their own.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Illoka has been fined twice before for defenseless/helmet-to-helmet hits—once in ‘13 and again in ‘15 (against Heath). His shot yesterday could’ve been viewed as retaliation for JuJu’s block.

12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    "Obviously "......

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sorry but I loved what JUJU did from soup to nuts...including the taunt. Sometimes a message needs to be sent the hard way. The team has seen enough of this guy trying to ruin careers with the NFL doing nothing to stop it. When is enough ,,enough? Football is a emotional game and sometimes in the heat of battle the best decisions aren't always made. Does anyone in their right mind think JUJU was thinking that his actions would cause a suspension,and did it anyway. Saying that he was selfish is wrong he was simply reacting to the emotion of the hit. He didn't have time to think and it wasn't premeditated.

I didn't see too many people up in arms when we used to get celebration penalties that could of easily cost us a game. Saying that his actions were selfish and could cost us a game is the same as saying,maybe if JUJU didn't block VB he would of destroyed Bells knees like he's done before or if he went after VB half heartedly ,it's not JUJU that takes the hit. Is it the ideal scenario the way things worked out...no. Sometimes though the wrong thing is the right thing....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I disagree, that was a dumb thing for JuJu to do taunting is a automatic penalty. That's a bad look for the NFL with all the CTE problems, you can't have a player do that while a player is laid out with a possible concussion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I was up in arms everytime they pulled that added to the kickoff penalty BS! The block was needed, the doting not so much. Never seen a suspension for that in my life a penalty yeah... Welcome to the new norm maybe?

16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You know I still believe a lot of this comes down to the taunting. I have heard all the arguments, but at the end of the day, seems like the NFL was upset by the taunting and were going to prove a point with JuJu. Especially after Iloka was cleared for his hit on Brown. So I have to ask, why are players not fined/suspended when after sacking the QB they go on to perform the Broadway musical Cats in celebration? The NFL is into the game of picking and choosing what offends them, and that is a bad business to be in!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    If it was against anyone else I might agree....but he deserved it. He has made it his business to purposely hurt our players on more than 1,2,3....or more occasions

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah now JuJu has hurt his team because he's unavailable for the Ravens game.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Burfict has closed his Twitter account, I wanted to mess with him for JuJu laying him out.

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Hindsight is 20/20 . He got caught up in the emotion of a emotional game. I don't think most people realize the mindset that is needed to step on a football field or any contact/combat sport at any level....and a pro level is X 100. It's not that easy to control your emotions. In the history of sports no player has ever been hurt by being stood over... He sent a message that needed to be sent. I'm tired of Burfict taking liberties against our team with no repercussions. He wasn't thinking about a suspension that shouldn't of been. First time offender,borderline hit and suspended for a taunt.....please. Iloka did much worse,everything the NFL outlawed he did and still he got off scott free? We have more than enough weapons to beat the rats. It will boil down to whether we play well or not.