1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time to protect the team legally?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by We need a change, Dec 6, 2017.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    The decision to lift the suspension on the Bengals player is a plain and obvious example of league bias. The decision is not rational or explainable. I understand Juju was wrong, I understand he should not have stood over him, my issue is the unfair biased treatment of one team over another. No rational person can look at Julio Jones’ hit during the Vikings game and not consider it the same as Juju’s and he stood and flexed when it was over. This isn’t an issue of a ref missing the call, they review all of the games and could not have missed it. Juju needs to sue the NFL and request an injunction to delay the suspension and use this as a launch point the expose the unfair treatment of one team. I am certain this is and has always been retaliation for the Rooney rule being implemented. Our players face unfair scrutiny that other teams don’t face both on the field and post game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The league is retaliating against the Steelers for a rule that was implemented over a decade ago? :facepalm::facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    He should sue the hell out of them. It worked for Tom Shady and Elliot. Both got their punishment delayed. The NFL is a joke.

4. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, I get the reason behind wanting to file an injunction. But exactly how did that work out for Elliot and the Cowboys? I'd much rather JuJu lose the one game now and be over with it than maybe at a later point in the season/post season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    The point would be to stop this from happening to this team. It has been ongoing for a long time and will not stop if something is not done. We have to shed light on this and defend our guys. Even if he does the suspension, go forward with the suit. The overturning of the Bengals suspension is the equivalent of Juju standing over Burfict.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    It has been ongoing for ten years, this should be a tipping point

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Keep in Mind that the Steelers were the only team out of 32 that voted AGAINST the NFL commissioner having all power and say in discipline. Don’t think for one second that that is not a driving force behind the unfairness l

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] ABAEFC52-1829-4EA5-8006-6324BC8289D0-208-0000000AE8DCD078.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    While I am ticked that JuJu was suspended, and Iloka was not, I don’t think there’s grounds for claiming an anti-Steelers conspiracy. Some folks forget that the NFL went into flat out attack mode on Tom Brady for doing something that was already listed as being subject to a $25k fine. Tom is their golden boy, and Kraft was Goodell’s buddy, and the NFL still went all in on prosecuting that case.

The problem isn’t a bias, it’s complete randomness of punishment for rules violations. You never know from week to week what will draw a suspension, and what will draw a slap on the wrist. The lack of leadership there is appalling, but it’s incompetence not bias IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Please don’t post photos of your ugly mother.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    If it’s not a bias, please explain how James Harrison and all of the players with him in his workout posts were somehow subjected to “random” drug tests directly after the video was published and was repeated two times after? What are the chances of that occurring randomly?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    pretty sure Toms suspention did get shortened didn't it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    It seems like complete incompetence to me
    look at jimmy Smith being allowed to serve his suspension even though he's injured and out for the season

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Is anyone over the age of 10 actually offended by your mother insults? For that matter does anyone over the age of 10 actually use them?

• Like Like x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Great googly moogly there are some paranoid people lurking around here.

16. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Yeahhh...Attempting to be witty isn't a good look for you :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And they’re all out to get me!

• Like Like x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Both of you?

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Somebody had to pay the price for the bad optics of the Monday night game. Smith-Schuster was chosen because he followed his hit by taunting the fallen opponent. It's bull**** and the team should and player should fight back, but it won't happen. The Rooneys always seem to play the good soldiers. It's what makes them better, more honorable people than Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones, but it's also what leaves their player out to dry today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Was Smith put on IR? If so, I’d have that pause his suspension. If not...then that’s just working the system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    100% agree with its complete bs that the Bengals player who was undeniably going for a head shot on one of our best players in retaliation for the Burfict hit. The fact that he was reduced is a joke.

I disagree with Juju fighting suspension because he will serve it and I wouldn't risk it being when we need him against New England out in playoffs. We should be able to beat the ratbirds without him. We will need him later.

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. If we did it with one of our players, I doubt we'd hear much complaining.

Apparently, though, it's entirely possible for players to serve a suspension whilst on IR - I didn't know that.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...sp-jimmy-smith-suspension-20171204-story.html

23. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Then don’t get personal fella. The photo indicated a mental issue. If you wanna go there, we go there.

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Well fella you're trying to peddle a conspiracy theory. If you don't want people to insinuate you're paranoid then perhaps it's best not to promote such ideas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Everyone has an opinion, your on a blog talking about conspiracy theory things? This is a discussion forum and the conversations and opinions are a part of it. So you don’t agree with what I think is obvious bias against our players, say you don’t agree. Instead, a picture of a mentally disturbed person is posted. I had no choice but to try and communicate to you in a way that you can understand. Please keep in mind that if you choose to get personal in discussions, you cannot be offended by the responses you may receive.