1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

who shut down AJ Green in 2nd half?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Dec 5, 2017.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Pretty sure the coaching staff or the players (can't recall) said that Burns wasn't going to follow a guy all over the field and him and Haden would just stick to their respective sides of the field (Burns as RCB). Even though Haden was out, I'm sure they stuck with it.

And Cincy lined up Green on the offenses right side to try and maximize that Green vs Sutton matchup. Which didn't work to their favor.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Weird.

They used to have Ike shadow the best WR all the time.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Later in his career. Burns is a long way from ready for that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps, but it seems like it was an adjustment they could have made given how badly Green was destroying Sensabaugh.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

It happened so long ago probably not many remember it 2002:

Maddox has spinal cord concussion, not more severe spinal contusion/The Big Picture: When feeling returns, old pros sigh in relief
    Steelers QB Maddox in Trauma Unit
    1 hour, 22 minutes ago

By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers (news) quarterback Tommy Maddox was taken off the field by ambulance after the final play of the third quarter against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I remember it like it was yesterday. Titans game. I remember many Steelers fans on the old boards were freaking out because Kordell was gonna start again.

7. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Phantom call? His jersey was stretched at least a foot to keep him off of dalton, thats beyond ticky tack and gruden and his fellow bengal fan wanted the bungholes to win so what they thought about it didnt matter to me......

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    That holding call is a tale of two views..... the first view they showed looked like a bad call.... but the second view looked like a bad hold. We need to remember these calls are made on the field from field perspectives. While you can argue good or bad call, I think the right call was made on the hold. There were a lot of questionable calls in the game though..... how about the holding on Bryant's kickoff return.... the angle they replayed looked clean but I'm not sure which ref threw the flag so it might have been different down in person.

9. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
  10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I was actually wondering today why they don't give Gay a look at free safety with Mitchell all dinged up this season. It's worth a try imo because Golden is not the answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    It was the umpire (if he lines up behind the kicking team) who called it from like 30 yards away. It was after Bryant was in the clear. In my opinion he saw the Bengal throw his arms up and called it based on that. He wasn't anywhere near in position to call it, but threw the flag anyway.

12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    It was 100% the right call. Bernard stopped Watt's forward momentum completely. Here's how he did it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/comments/7hqz30/for_all_the_cincy_fans_complaining_about_the_gio/

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Some early reports had his injury as a spinal concussion and that's what I was going by, if it is a contusion that's more serious and could have more serious complications and a lot longer time in treatment, as usual first reports are not always accurate.....

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Who shutdown AJ Green in the 2nd half?

That's easy, it was Andy Dalton

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Who shutdown AJ Green in the 2nd half?

That's easy, it was Andy Dalton

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Sad but true.

Offense better keep rolling

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Green has not been good at all this year. I should know he's on my fantasy team.

• Agree Agree x 1