1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju suspended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Joke of a league. That hit did not warrant a suspension. If it did then there needs to be a reevaluation of defenseless WR hits. Total BS. Good job ****ing up the the league Goodell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm:

Pulled up my fantasy team and saw the big red S next to JuJus name, I was like you have to be freaking kidding me.

Never in a million years did I think that was suspension worthy and didnt know players could be suspended for taunting.

The hit was great, the taunt wasnt but eff the league for this bs decision. This pisses me off :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Gronk's hit was after the play, the Bungle's defensive player (don't know or care what his name is) hit on Brown was after the play, Juju's hit was a legal block DURING THE PLAY! But they're all deserving of one game suspensions. Okay NFL, whatever you say.

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Just a steaming pile of BOO SHAT!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Total BS. They should fight it.

There's a precedent here. Never has a player that I'm aware of been suspended for making a crack back block or for simple taunting like standing over a guy after laying him out. This was a football play were he was making a block. JuJu did not have time to see if Burfict would turn his head around before blocking him. Burfict was trying to make a tackle on Bell and was in the area to do so. The league should be consistent in its punishments. You cannot make up punishments like this just on a whim.

How the **** can this be the same thing as what Gronk did? The damn player was on the ground...after the whistle and Gronk jumped on him and drove his head into the ground because he was pissed about a non call. You cannot tell me that is the same as JuJu trying to make a legit block but breaking the rule on accident.

Frankly I think the hit on Brown was worse because the defender left their feet and intentionally tried to spear Brown in the head with his own head. BUT even so I don't think he should be suspended either. UNLESS the guy was a multiple offender and made a living out of head shots. I don't think that was the case so IMO the Raven's got screwed also. Juju has never had an infraction which makes it even more BS. Is the league now going to suspend every player for unsportsmanlike conduct? for every unintentional head shot? There won't be any players left.

The union IMO needs to threaten strike and make the rules fair and consistent. The union is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I can't believe some of you are shocked..

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Brady appealed for a whole year. Zeke appealed for half a season. Why can't JuJu appeal until the Steelers lock up the season and only have the Browns to kick around? For one thing, he should say he's waiting on the other two's appeals as he argues his is the lesser of the three hits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    This is an unprecedented punishment for the crime....from a player who's never had a history. That's why I'm shocked. It makes no sense.

When are they going to announce Shazier's suspension? He lead with this head right? suspend him to.

Also by my math should Burfict ever be allowed to play another game? That scum bag piles up cheap shots like chord wood. Why wasn't he suspended for every unsportsmanlike flag and flagrant hit actually attempting to hurt someone?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I am not shocked because it is the NFL. But that is a disgrace. It is debatable if that was even an illegal hit, much less something worthy of suspension.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I respect that opinion but there needs to be a consistent policy. Many, many hits like that do not end up with suspensions. The league can't just alter its suspension criteria on a week to week basis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think that if he didn't taunt he wouldn't have been flagged, suspended or fined. JMO.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

It's 1 game, you guys are overreacting , it was a vicious hit that was legal 5 yrs ago,maybe just maybe they were not going to suspend him if he did not stand on top of him and keep taunting a paralyzed player....that was not necessary....I totally get the whole hate thing for the Bangals.

13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Yeah he rubbed it in pretty good...

14. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    While I am not shocked at the suspension, I still think it's crap. It appeared to me that JuJu lead with his shoulder. It's almost impossible to completely avoid incidental helmet contact. Incidental contact is different than targeting with the helmet/head/crown. I agree that players should play to be safe, but there's a reason the helmets are there: incidental head to head contact is unavoidable.

That hit made me see JuJu as a true Steeler and heir apparent to Hines Ward.

Here we go!
    :herewego:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    First off he was not paralyzed. You clearly didn't even watch it. Burfict was trying to get up and fight Juju while he was on the ground. He got his bell rung is all..and probably the wind knocked out of him.

secondly 1 game is the difference between making the playoffs and not...home field advantage and not. We only play 16 games, every game counts.

thirdly - we should call BS when it's BS. This is BS. Never ever in the NFL have I seen a player get suspended for taunting or a hit like that. Never.

fourthly - "that was a vicious hit" .. JuJu didn't run full speed and go head first into his head.. he essentially planted his feet and put his shoulder into his chest. The viciousness of it came from Burfict's momentum forward and looking at Bell instead of for the blocker that was clearly in his path. Burfict hit a wall. There is no time for JuJu to see if an oponent is going to turn his head to see he's going to be blocked. The difference between this being a flag and no flag was the fact that Burfict's head was turned towards the Bell. That's a subtle difference that takes fractions of seconds to change.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It's a ridiculous overreaction by the NFL and completely out of line with any sort of punishment for similar behavior in the past. That said, the NFL has already set the precedent with its punishments; that precedent is that there is no consistency and they do whatever they think will appease the public.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Standing over an injured man and taunting is pretty low but not suspended low, a fine maybe.
    When are they going to start evaluating refs for their BS holding calls and suspend them :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yup, it's all Goodell. The point isn't that he got suspended or didn't. The point is that one guy gets to arbitrarily decide on dicipline like he's their Dad, and the players are little kids.

"Why did I get suspended Mr. Goodell?"

BECAUSE I SAID SO! Now go to bed!

It's among the things that guarantees there will be a work stoppage in 2021. Write it in stone

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    When standing side by side with Gronk, this suspension reeks to high heaven.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The NFL is a joke now thanks to that turd goodell. There’s no way that a first offense deserves a suspension. No way at all. His arbitrary way of dishing out punishment leaves it open to being questioned as to his motives. Is he trying to help some teams and hurt others? Sure looks that way at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You using the word overreacting is uh...interesting.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Appeal has been denied. Total BS

24. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Cm on ,there is no I in a team , next man up.

25. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    GronkS too.