1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ILB

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    add this to the needs list.

QB
    S
    ILB

we need the depth for sure. i am happy shazier will be alright as far as is being reported at this time, but i have to question if this kid will be as effective in his game as before.

it would be in the back of my mind for sure. as a matter of fact i had a similar incident in HS and knew something was different when i hit the guy head first into his hip. i didn't lose feeling in my legs but found out years later i had broke off two vertebrae's in my neck. i knew exactly when that happened. i never reported it to my coaches or trainers at that time and continued playing through HS and into college. probably pretty lucky.:cool:

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    definitely a possibility. not sure they are ready to give up on dupree yet. :cool:

4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I was thinking about our misses drafting olb recently. In the past we used to drafted the "tweeters" and develop them into 3-4 olb. More recently we've been drafting 3-4 olb and they've largely struggled to produce. It makes me wonder if we would be better served to go back to the old way.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    QB, FS, ILB, OLB., CB, RB,

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    dupree played DE-ILB and OLB at kentucky. chickillo played DE at miami. both were tweener types. keion adams was a DE at w. michigan. i still think they have plans for him but we had too many in front of him this year in chickillo, moats and harrison. the latter two will most likely not be here next year. huguenin also played very well in the preseason for us but again no room at the inn this year. he's a bigger body guy too. 6-4 268. he fits that mold of a tweener too.

we just need to develop these guys into the system. they have the size and speed but we need to move out the older players and actually use what we have. i think they will. we kept them around for a reason. moats should have been gone for what he brings to the table. MT likes his vets though. adams or huguenin have at least as much upside as him and probably more. chickillo has played pretty well too. i really hate to just keep adding bodies when we have spent time on guys that have some real possibility.:cool:

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think QB - TE - FS & now ILB are some top needs.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    with the new news of shazier and ben reiterating about retirement after ryans injury, i don't think there is any question of QB, S, ILB, TE as needs. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

While I wouldn't be surprised if Ben retired after the season I wouldn't read anything into his comments either. He's 30 something with a lot of wear and tear. One season at a time.

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
  11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I think it's time to draft a TE early in the draft, these rehab TEs weve been signing just arent worthy of their contracts and just add to the cap without any contribution to the team, it's time to move on in the draft for one.......

12. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    A few Coaches, a QB and a couple polamalu's

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think you can find a good ILB in the second round and beyond. Unless he's a Patrick Willis type and if there is one, he is going before we pick.

I think this year by round should be

1. QB - even if Ben stays another year, they need a top guy to learn and gauge his potential. If Ben leaves, it's even more important. Just very very hard to believe they don't go QB in rnd 1. Unless the top 15 teams drafting go QB crazy, you have to move up if a guy is sitting there high teens, early 20s.

2 - Best FS or ILB, with FS a higher priority imo.

3 - Depending on Bell, RB or ILB/FS (whichever wasn't taken)

4 - TE or SS

5 - top rated C, Pouncey may go with Ben

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I know it is early to predict players but I don't like putting a position to a round. I feel like BPA by position of need is more the way I look at. jmo.:smiley1:

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I hear ya,

that would be my highest priority/need ranking by round then :lolol:

1 qb
    2 fs
    3 rb (if bell is gone) ilb (if bell is signed)
    4 te
    5 c

• Like Like x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I feel right now as this team stands without FA I feel our biggest needs are:

1 - ILB
    2 - FS/SS(depending where they play davis)
    3 - QB( if BB leaves this goes to #1)
    4 - TE( I feel Burton from Philly is our FA target)
    5 - RB( if Bell leaves it moves up but we will franchise him again if we can't sign him)
    6 - C (need to find a replacement cause MP has said he is gone when BB is)
    7 - CB/Oline/OLB

17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    kyzir white SS from w.va. 6-3 215 add a few lbs. and move the kid to ILB.

fred warner OLB BYU 6-2 230 active guy and pretty good in coverage. also move inside.

these are two i would like to see us zero in on. most likely 3rd and 5th rounds. :cool:

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    FS has to be brought in early. 2nd round at the latest. Steelers will need

to be creative and aggressive in this draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Steelers might have the worst pair of starting safeties in the league.

Definitely needs an upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    at least 1 of them. :cool:

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Today's bowl game has Micah Kizer from Virginia might be a guy we are now looking at:

Kiser has played an integral role in Virginia becoming bowl eligible for the first time since 2011. The Cavaliers will play Navy on Dec. 28 in the 2017 Military Bowl. He also accepted an invitation to play in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 27 at Mobile, Ala.

Kiser is fifth all-time at Virginia with 400 career tackles, reaching double-digits in 20 of his 36 starts. His 385 tackles since the start of the 2015 season are the most in the nation during that span.

22. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Options at ILB

Malik Jefferson Texas
    Rashaan Evans Alabama

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I am just starting to read a little on Jefferson and man he looks like a guy we could use to fill our hole at ILB.

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

If a stud TE were to fall then I would probably consider it, but VM hardly fits your description. He’s a very good blocker, very good speed, and despite the claims has pretty good hands. James is a decent #2. So I don’t see any point going TE early in the draft.

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    He's high on my list, but I keep reading that he use to run 4.4.

He looks really slow on tape to me.

Big workouts ahead for him.

• Like Like x 1