1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju suspended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I feel so bad about last nights game I'm watching it right now on the NFL Network while I eat Carne Asada and Ruffles. Cheddar and sour cream ones are excellent by the way. Highly recommend them.

2. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    And you need a clue

3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Burfict drops back to the 50, slides up again to the PIT49, then begins moving laterally to tackle Bell.

JuJu runs his up-and-out route, ending up just on the CIN side of the 50 (out of camera frame). He's next seen moving gently from the 50 to the PIT49 (that's technically "toward or parallel to his own end line"), stopping and setting his feet, then making a (textbook) in-and-up drive into Burfict. Smith-Schuster's path of travel meets the requirements for Burfict being deemed defenseless. And I believe JuJu made helmet-to-helmet contact.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You know what I really find funny in all of this? Everything seems to point to the fact that the league takes issue with JuJu's taunt after the play calling it bad sportsmanship but will let players kneel during the national anthem. Not really sure the league is in a position to question anyone's morals at this point!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure he knows.

6. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    You have to look at the uniform colors when assessing fair and not fair. They jammed this kid up for nothing and that’s what he is reporting

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Fowler needs to put the phone down and take a breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Heck, file a stay through the courts and Judge shop for an emergency hearing like Zeke lol

9. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Stop bringing logic and reason into this discussion!

• Like Like x 1
  10. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    What do they have to lose? Lol

11. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Does anyone find some of these suspensions questionable considering they didn't suspend AJ Green for what all he did? I mean he grabbed dude from behind in a rear naked choke and slammed him to the ground and punched him twice and put him back in the choke and threw him down again and punched him several more times. I know he was ejected for the rest of the game but it was already at halftime. I was fully expecting to have to bench Green on my fantasy team that week and was shocked when he wasn't suspended.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    What a damn joke, no wonder the ratings are down, because the NFL is so SOFT.

How does JuJu get a one gamer for a FOOTBALL PLAY, not leaving his feet or really even making it a helmet to helmet. What do you want him to do? Let Burfict make the tackle? My Lord!

And if the perfectly fine FOOTBALL PLAY is a one gamer gronks unnecessary, uncalled for, AFTER THE PLAY cheap shot should get 2-3 game.

Give me a damn break. This is why the NFL is so hard to watch.

Screw Goodell, put a skirt on all these woosies.

This is NOT football.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    NFL stands for No ****in Logic....

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
  15. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The NFL may have gained the casual fan, but this is why they lost me.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So apparently jumping and driving your elbow in the back of somebody's head that is laying face down defenseless is the same.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Good point. Green's actions were far worse than anything Smith-Schuster did last night.

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He wasn't leading with the helmet it was the shoulder that took that POS down but his helmet did hit the facemask because of the angle. I feel if he didn't taunt their would not be a suspension.

Gronknstein should have gotten 2 games for that after the play slammer, period.

So I guess that's what going to happen now, fines and suspensions every week, although in Goodell's bunker they are loving this.

Maybe it's time for some to fold up shop as far as football goes and follow a dainty sport, ya know, like hockey...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    He shouldn't have been suspended, we all agree but I hope he doesn't appeal and end up out the NE game. We're going to need him far more vs NE then we will against Balt. Don't get me wrong, we need him in both, he's great when he's out there.

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

If they lost you why are you still watching?

• Like Like x 1
  21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    They also suspended the guy who hit Brown for one game.

Going back to the Gronk PF. Gronk hit a guy laying face down after the play was over and admitted it was intentional as it looked. THAT is the worst and very cowardly. Ju Ju was making a play, but hit too high. No way each is one game suspension. Gronk should have been 4 games suspension, or if commish likes to go easy on everyone, then no games suspended for Ju Ju if Gronk gets only one game for what he did.

• Like Like x 1
  22. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    im keeping my avatar

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You probably have to look at the totality of recent Steelers-Bengals games. They've been ugly penalty filled football games for a few years now.

24. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    So the rookie JuJu gets a lifetime accomplishment suspension due to the past history of the rivalry? That actually makes about as much sense as any other attempt I've seen to justify the NFL's bizarrely inconsistent punishments.

There is no way in hell JuJu deserves what Gronk got. I would not be surprised at all if he wins his appeal. There have been many hits just like that which got no suspension.

25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've been out of the loop today and I'm just reading about the suspension. THAT is the biggest crock of crap I've ever heard of! But it's still worth it to see Burfict getting drilled and knocked on his butt!

What's the matter, Vontaze baby, did dat mean ol' wookie wide weceiver knock the doggie doo out of a big ol' mean winebacker wike you?

I guess you can't play football anymore! :facepalm: