1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju suspended

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Such BS that hit during the play vs what Gronk did!! no comparison!! If juju=1 Gronks got to be 4, after play he loads up and clocks a player already on the ground!! WTF

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Even a blind squirrel...
    A broken clock is...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks Chief for bringing back that awesome avatar. A (moving) picture is certainly worth 1000 words. :thumbs up:

4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I wonder how many "unnecessary roughness" helmet shots are called every single week...... if there are others that didn't get suspended, then I'd say there's room for appeal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Francoboy

Francoboy Active Member

Dec 5, 2017
    My first post.
    I ordered my JuJu t-shirt as my Christmas gift to self last week.
    If he appeals, how long can he push off the suspension? My guess is if he appeals and loses he will have to serve it for the Pats game instead of Ravens. Is that correct?

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Burfict's kick has no bearing on the bull**** from last night. Neither does any other hit from previous years. The simple fact of the matter is the Steelers and Bengals have been playing stupid dirty football for too long. It has to stop. Over 1,000 yards in penalties between those two teams in 6 games.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. In real time, it’s a straight head on collision. In slow motion, it’s exactly the same.

Helmet to helmet I could see a case for (though I’d disagree with it). But there was no blindsiding, other than Butfict not expecting an aggressive block.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    They hype this game, put it on Monday night, ESPN does stories all weekend about “surviving Burfict” , and force these players into payoff mode, like when the cockfighting people circle the birds before dropping them in. And now this morning, loudmouth Steven A. started hyping next year saying that he is giving condolences to JuJu for the next time they play and Burfict gets him. It’s a ratings thing that they promote, then punish the players for responding. Put the Niners and Giants on Monday night, I assure you they don’t care enough to hit anyone. When the Steelers and Bengals played with no hype at 1pm it was much quieter. They want blood and controversy, then take the high road and admonish players

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    No surprise. I called it on the game thread about 10 seconds after the hit.

10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    To me, it looks like JuJu's helmet meets Burfict's facemask. I'm iffy on whether Burfict shouldn't reasonably be expecting a block from that direction. He knew receivers ran routes and would be in that area. He just never looked, which I have a hard time blaming on Smith-Schuster.

11. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    And that’s what the league wants, what ESPN wants and the pundits want. Wake up dude, they hyped the bad blood match up all weekend

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Iloka also drew a one-game suspension for his hit on Brown, but this is still utter crap.

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The NFL HQ had nowhere to hide after the ESPN announcers lobbied for the remainder of the nationally televised prime time game about JuJUus "blatant illegal" hit on the defenseless Burfuct. In hindsight though (as most are saying around here) it was the taunting that cooked the goose, more so than the hit itself. The fact that JuJu wasn't even a Steeler when Burfuct abused Ben, Bell and Brown is what will forever elevate this young man high on the pedestal of Steeler folklore. This dude knows how to study game tapes. :applaud:

14. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Suspension is :bscow:

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Need more tinfoil hats on isle 9

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Burfict got what he deserved.....fact

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I’ll confess I haven’t seen the play past live and one replay. Im sure I’ll see it a few more times on nfl network mind...

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    There was a lot of emotion riding in that game, JUJU delivered the blow and taunted because of raw emotion. He even stated (KARMA) after the game (KARMA) that he was sincerely apologetic for what he did(HE GOT KARMA) sorry that was AB yelling in the background lol

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  20. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  21. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    His hit was deemed legal but they still suspend him?? WTF? Lawyer up like the damn cheatriots do. The NFL is so full of crap.

22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    This should help heal his hammy some more.

23. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Huh? What is fowler talking about, the hit was legal? Not according to the letter the league sent out.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not defending the level of hanky tossing in this rivalry, but it would be interesting to stack this up with other intense rivalries starting with the Raiders vs any AFC West opponent. The whole eggshell mood was set early last night by the Shazier injury and every questionable action thereafter was adding insult to injury (no pun intended). The announcers were as out of control as the players. Also, if Ryan hadn't been injured on that play, would he have drawn a flag for leading with a helmet?

25. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    And if you want to watch real BS, re-watch the last field goal the the Bengals player was off sides and kicked Boswell’s foot