1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN coverage of MNF

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 5, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It was tough to listen to with Gruden slobbering all over Burfict the whole game :facepalm:, just because they had a pre-production meeting with him they forget his past. Their whole narrative was to play this game up as a big rivalry, then at the end they want to act disgusted by the hits. By the way the Steelers consider the Ravens their real rival not the Bungles, some of the players have said that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Gruden needs to see a neurologist quickly. I'm actually worried for the guy after that nonsensical ranting last night.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess Gruden forgot that Burfict before the game was bringing up that nonsense that AB was faking a concussion in that 2015 playoff game.

4. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I couldn't take gruden anymore so I turned the sound down, and listened to Billy and Tunch on the radio.

• Like Like x 3
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    His boy Burfict got an old Hines Ward reception by Smith-Shuster. So deserving...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Ju Ju better watch his back next season you know a big hit is coming

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I lost a lot of respect for Gruden last night. His hyperbolic overreaction to an aggressive block by JuJu was ridiculous. I get that the taunting was out of line, but the block was an aggressive football play, period! But the most ridiculous comment from Gruden occurred when AJ Green obviously grabbed the facemask of the DB (Burns I believe) and Gruden said on national TV "I don't see anything". What an idiot! I'll betcha anything as a head coach Gruden couldn't give enough praise to one of his players who jacked an opponent up like JuJu did Burfict last night. Not only an idiot but a hypocrite too!

• Agree Agree x 12
  8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I was wondering this morning if anyone else was feeling this way about Gruden. Glad to see there are others. Before the game, I was telling my wife that I kind of liked Gruden. During the game, I had to mute him. He was driving me nuts between his admiration of Dalton and his choir boy description of the saint Burfict. Yeah Jack, they showed the facemask in slow motion and Gruden still couldn't see it. The commentary was atrocious last night.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It was particularly amusing given how they were excusing Burfict's past by saying he was from another time and would have fit in perfectly then. Well, that hit was from another time as well so we should all applaud it according to ESPN's own reasoning.

Oh, and just because a guy can act nice at times it doesn't excuse reprehensible behavior. I bet Roy Moore acts nice a lot of the time as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    juju caused some doo doo in perfects drawers. gruden, just wow, i lost a lot of respect for him last night. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I wondered if he was hammered drunk. He was all over the place with his comments. Not to mention screwing up names. Just terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Good lord, Gruden made Burfict sound like he was Ghandi and Mother Theresa all rolled into one, and he made JuJu sound like he was the spawn of satan.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Gruden became a bengal fan when his bro jay was the OC, he was always hanging that lousy team when jay was there, but his partiality showed last night and I lost a lot of respect for him drooling over them last night....

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I can't believe I used to like Gruden. All though the game I couldn't help but see what a total idiot he can be. I don't know what was worse, him calling William Gay -Randal Gay or his riding Burfict and the rest of the Bungles Jock.

What a maroon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah that was bizzare because I have always liked listening to Gruden but it was like somebody removed his brain ..

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    When they showed the replay of Dunlap hitting Ben late, you could almost tell that both Gruden and the other guy were really wanting to say it was a bad call but couldn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Even today I have no idea what the media is talking about.
    It wasn’t a body bag or dirty game.

There was one illegal hit to the head.
    (On Brown)

Seems likely the the media wants everyone to hate the Steelers for being dirty.
    The media must have “their team” that they want to promo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    They SUCK!!!!! Worse announcers working...

I refuse to watch MNF unless the Steelers are playing and I was a huge MNF fan!!!! They've ruined it for me!!

Did hear them say Randall Gay playing LB makes a great tackle!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup you heard right. They literally called him Randall Gay. Jesus. They must have booze in the broadcast booth

20. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    the dude that's with gruden in the booth is a next level beta male, super annoying

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The announcers were bad but the officiating was worse. How can you have a MNF crew with the 2nd most penalties called in the league calling a game between division rivals? Some of the calls were warranted but several of them should have been ignored. The holding call against TJ that wiped out the TD from Dalton to Green was terrible and probably a game changer. If that same call wiped out a TD for us we'd all be screaming about it. There were several others but that was a joke. Just have to call it as I see it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Booze??? Still no excuse, dandy don had booze in the booth and was still great!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I don’t watch ESPN unless the Steelers are playing. The rest of it is garbage.

And Gruden was annoying. He was sucking up to the bungles. Maybe he wants the job when Marvin is fired.

• Like Like x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Ah, The good ole days. I still remember watching a Cubs game from a couple of decades ago where Harry Carey was announcing a game and said the Budweiser guy finally showed up and it's been since the 4th inning since he last seen him. Classic. Still laugh about that to this day.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That’s why ESPN is going broke
    They grossly over pay for old and broken talent.