1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Going forward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 5, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Body bags galore. Shazier's hit wasn't bengals fault though. Burfict got karma.

Ugly dirty win. Not sure what to say about that, but we won. 1st seed going to be hard to keep. Got the Raisins and Pats next. Who can replace shazier? Ravens will run us over.

I project 2 losses in a row. Just too beat up. Do I like it? no. Is it the end of the world? nope

Statistically Ravens have split with us, or swept us all the way back to 2008, so don't fear folks.

Beating New England twice is just as hard as beating them once in Foxboro for the Steelers. If by any chance we win the next 2 and get the first that's great. Seeing a hungry Ravens 6th seed knock out the pats in Foxboro can happen, so not worried if we drop the next 2.

Sutton over Coty. I warned you guys that Titans fans said he was garbage. Another Blake lol. Buttler is going to have to put on his big boy pants.

We aren't a defensive team, we aren't a offensive team. What I see this team is a mentally tough one. They go down, and they keep coming. Coaches making great halftime adjustments.

We are officially the Pittsburgh Stealers. We are literally stealing games we shouldn't win. Blind luck? Ineptitude from opposition? Fortitude? I don't know. I really don't know how to define this team. In my eyes we aren't the superior talent that is playing down to opposition, in fact I think its quite the opposite. I think this team is doing what it can with all the injuries. 10-2 easily can be 11-1, or 4-8. Game of inches.

14-2 is great, 12-4 is fine by me, just please no more injuries.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Completely disagree with the notion that we could easily be 4-8. There’s just no reasonable basis for that statement. Good teams consistently win close games because they’re good. When you win several close games over a multiple year span, the numbers are clearly telling anybody reasonable that this team is good and knows how to win games.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Sutton needs to start vs. Ravens. This guy needs all the experience, for better or for worse, that he can get before the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    The way they pulled it together and came back to dominate the 2nd half has me confident going into the rest of the games.

That was a rough, tough and downright nasty game and they somehow found the testicular fortitude to walk away with a win. It wasn't pretty and we didn't win any style points but we did what was really important - we won the game. They showed great heart to go along with all of the talent we have on this team.

I think we'll be just fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Yeah a nasty game, thats why the bungholes had 13 penalties, bobody talks about that late hit on Ben in his back no less long after he released the ball a hit that was a lot worse than ju ju at least bumfict saw his hit coming Ben didnt..........

6. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What this team is lacking is a formula. This is not like the Pats and Green Bay . Those two teams when going to work on Monday morning know exactly what they will be doing. I firmly believe that we do not. Everything with them is a crap shoot. We see this every week. And let's face it , if Boz misses those field goals in the last three game we would have lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bill Cowher always used to say there is a fine line between in being a good team and a bad team. The good teams find ways to win close games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    They do, it's winning. That's their formula lol. I can't explain it, Steeler haters have been absolutely miserable lately lol. Just when we look due for a loss we pull a win out of our butts. I guess losing will have to wait for next week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I'm not so sure he did. I thought he was focused on the ball carrier.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not too worried about the Ravens. People are overrating them after a few wins. Key is stopping the run. If we can do that without Shazier, I believe we win.

11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    thing is we can't stop the run lol. They got Williams back so expect Bell to get stuffed.

only thing we got going is home and primetime but like I said Balt usually splits. I HATE HATE HATE losing to them, but in this case I truly understand in the grand scheme of things. I will still be angry, but I understand if we lose.

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Try this on for size.

We are 10-2. Overcame two 17-3 deficits ON THE ROAD and won. We are 19-3 past 22 regular season games. Winning despite key players being hurt or suspended. Ben, Bell being called out earlier on the season now are taking over games. Brown is Brown lol.

STATS:

Offense:
    PPG: 12th
    YPG: 7th
    Sacks allowed: 4th

Defense:
    PPG: 5th
    YPG: 4th
    Sacks: 2nd
    pass: 2nd
    Rush: 8th

I think its time for me to shut up, along with the other bed wetters and enjoy the ride. This team's mantra this year is to win and overcome adversity.

Even if we lay an egg vs Raisins, I have hope.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we all would have a merry christmas

14. bettissb40

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, what is your solution to there problems. Everyone on the forum seems to be a coach but are not making millions doing it. LOL

15. bettissb40

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree 100% but what I worry about is that it will catch us and beat us at our own game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Our defense has been "off" all year.

Shazier was our only difference maker on D.

I don't see how this defense stops any team in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Last year Heyward was having a monster year until he got hurt. Everyone thought the season was over without our best player on D. Instead, Tuitt stepped up his game and we went on that winning streak.

This year, Shaz was having a monster year until he got hurt. Who's to say that another guy doesn't step up his game to offset the loss of Shazier? This team has traditionally played it's best ball in the face of adversity. Unlike some on this board, I'm not ready to start thinking about the 2018 campaign yet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Seems to me we do not play a complete game. All too often, Ben does not get in a groove until the second half or later.

Now we have injuries. I agree the next couple games look bad. The Ratbirds are in a must win situation where we clearly are not. If we lose to the Ratbirds, but beat the Patsies, all is well. If we beat the Ratbirds, we still have a must win game against the Evil Empire. So you may see a lack of effort in the Ratbirds game, or maybe we win ugly again, but it does not matter much.

When we battle the Death Star, I was hoping man coverage and Shazier on Gronk. Now what? Seems like we always have an injured key player when we play them. We need 4th quarter Ben for 4 quarters or we will lose.

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If we lose to both we can become 3 seed, not good

20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    To me, it's as simple as the offense has to stop the crap and play to its potential. Losing Shazier is a massive blow to the defense and the offense has to step it up.

No excuses. You care about Ryan, you care about this season, you step it up and play better.

Now, let's go get No. 7!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think the Rooney's need to clear some shelf space for another trophy.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any prediction beyond tonight’s game is a bit premature. Just like losing Shazier last week the two ultimate goals tonight are to stay healthy and win.

I expect to break out the brooms against the Ravens. We have the better team and the home field.

23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Y'all seem to think man coverage is some magic bullet.

24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel that Cam Heyward is a difference maker as well as TJ Watt and Joe Haden before he was injured.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Even if Shaz wasn't injured the Offense needs to step it up and they have been taking positive strides with the No Huddle.