1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sidney Crosby Hate

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by steelersfan35, Nov 30, 2017.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    It's obvious that Crosby is disliked by most of the NHL. Yet, we all understand that his past experiences and some of his behaviors have been questionable over the years. But if you really think about it, everyone does that type of stuff too from time to time. It also makes me wonder why people are jealous of him: I mean, he's like the Tom Brady of the NHL, which would make us the Patriots of the NHL?

Now, we may not have the most championships, but we won 5 cups since 1990. Yet, people seemed to boo us during the NHL awards/expansion draft this past summer whenever our team was announced. Although, that doesn't bother me at all because he's still a great player who makes questionable decisions from time to time.

On an extra note, he would have to do something unforgivable for me to lose my respect and passion for him.

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And what a delightful problem it is to have. As they say, screw em if they can't take a joke. :cool:

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pens need to put a couple of wins in the book tonight and tomorrow night.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure what the heck you are referring to. Yes the Caps and Flyers fanbase hate him and the Crybaby Crosby garbage that goes with it. Most of that is just straight jealousy. Sorry don't care what they say the guy is universally recognized as being the best all around player in the league. I take that five times a week instead of the fair weather Caps fans who love Ovie when he is scoring but when they choke every year they are calling for him to be traded. As far as booing in the draft these are typically fans who hate that the Pens got extremely lucky in the draft and drafted well during the lean years post Mario and Jagr when the team really was just horrible. If the Oilers start to make good on all the promise they are showing they will be getting the boo's as well

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    It is simple. Best player in the league on the best team in the league. Now the Pens start working on the three-peat.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey Fan - how quick can you get to Vegas? I'm about 2/12 hrs out and would like to.......err.....aaaaa......glance over your shoulder for a while. :hehehe: I know the Sabres are sucking right now but pretty heady D for the rookie goaltender.

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't get to Vegas anymore sine my two strokes. I have a cousin that lives there and makes all my bets for me. Sorry. The rookie goaltender is looking good so far.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry to hear that my friend - wishing the best for you.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks