1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I have confidence about Pack game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    So, maybe that is a bad sign. I just don't see a Huntly QB'd team beating us. Rogers meant everything to that team winning. Without him, they are below average across the board.

That being said, hearing Tomlin getting cocky rubs me the wrong way; no wonder this team comes out flat so often vs. bad teams. Have you heard him running his mouth saying "We can do better" when asked about putting up 40 points? I hate when they talk cocky, it only leads to bad things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's not Cocky that's not being happy with your performance and expecting more.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

This. It's a message to your team not to be satisfied and rest on their laurels. Or would you prefer he says that he is happy and satisfied with the team's performance and that they stop trying to improve?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think your reading of what Tomlin said is 180 degrees from what he actually said. He is challenging the offense to keep improving.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

/EndThread comment. Well done.

Within the same vein, I would expect no less.

6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Our defense is pretty good, so this team is different than the past few years. The offense does not even need to have a good day to beat a team like the Packers sans Rodgers.

We will win.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I get what you're saying, but it reminded me of all their "best offense ever" talk before they even started the season last year and we were 4-5 before we knew it.

Oh, and let's not forget the 40 points were scored in a large part to the D forcing turnovers. Bell had under 50 yards rushing and a big reason Ben had 299 yards was we kept getting the ball back from the D.

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey, just be happy Tomlin didn't say anything about "unleashing hell" in December! :eek::facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    What year was that we played Oakland in Oakland and held them to just a handful of yards and we freakin' lost.. That game sticks in my crawl and made me a believer in any team can win any day of the week.

10. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Any given Sunday. Must come to play on Sunday night and take care of business. Regardless of how they looked against the Ravens. The Bears stink too: We lost to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That was the gameplan to throw the ball against the Titans, they weren't going to feature Bell on a short week.

12. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sticks in YOUR craw? I was at that f-ing game :frustrated:

I think they had more than a handful of yards though. Are you talking about this game (citing wikipedia):
    In Week 8 of 2013, the Steelers went to Oakland to take on the Raiders and their then-starting QB Terrell Pryor. Pryor ran for a 93-yard touchdown which would be the longest run by any QB in NFL history.[4] The Steelers tried to rally late in the game but came up short, losing 21–18.​

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You should their qb stinks.

14. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Hopefully we have the game in the bag and under control by halftime. Let Conner and Sutton play a bit more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I went lurking over on the the Packers message board. They have no faith in their team. Those knuckleheads are so off the deep end they think getting rid of their super bowl winning coach is the solution, and they want to get rid of their coordinators as well. They must be nuts over there. I’m glad I’m here with the sane knowledgeable fans.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dom would be more than welcome to come here as far as i'm concerned if they don't want him. :hehehe::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This game will be a good test actually. In the past we have lost games like this. We are especially bad against really bad QB's. We are especially bad against teams that have no business beating us. For example the Bears game. On paper we should dominate this game. If we are a legit SB contender then I think we should do just that. If we lose or even struggle to win this game ...I expect failure in the playoffs once again. Tomlin has to figure out how to exploit opponents weaknesses while respecting every opponent.

18. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I’m pretty confident as well. I know anything can happen, but I think we have a great win!

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm still not over the SB loss to the Pack. Big Ben should be going for his 3rd SB win on his way to matching Baldshaw. Now he will need to win the next two or sign another contract. We have the team to win the next 2, I want another dynasty Tomlin!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Fixed it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    LOL

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's alumni weekend, Hall of Honor induction and a night game at home. Even with a 10 day span between last game and this they is no chance the lose.

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I was pimping Aaron Jones pre-draft and have been watching from afar, so I'll be interested in seeing how he does. The same goes for S Josh Jones.

I will never say I'm confident going into a game, so this will be a good one. Green Bay will want to shine in prime time too. If we keep it tight and weather their initial burst, I think we pull ahead in second half.

24. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    If this were a road game I would be worried because this is the kind of game they always seem to choke on on the road.

At home they won't lose this one.

25. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    The way our D has been playing we'll have to try really hard to lose this game. Even the the Ratbirds put up 23 points against them.