1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are 7-2 and people here act like we are 2-7

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Nov 12, 2017.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well it's a age old argument and a difference in philosophy and opinion. The people complaining about the people complaining are just as bad as the people complaining themselves.....does that make sense:smiley1:

Me personally I'm never satisfied as a fan of any of my teams and my emotion invested in them and my time invested in them gives me that right. To me it's championship or bust....probably comes from being a Yankee fan:shrug: I like to look at the big picture and down the road and yes while this team is 7-2 they are not playing and being coached to their potential. That's why I can be both happy and dissatisfied with a win and I'm quite sure there are many who feel the same. Doesn't make us less of a fan or someone bitching and moaning without a plausible reason. We have a long way to go in order to stand toe to toe with NE in January. A win is a win of course and great but the product that we have seen in the first 10 weeks isn't gonna get it done in the playoffs. Me personally I will continue to enjoy the process and the wins that come with it ,but at the same time I reserve the right to voice my dissatisfaction......until we're holding number 7.

That's just me......

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah right....NFCs year until they are up 20+ points in the 4 th quarter or decide to get cute at the 2 yd line. If NE is in the SB those two SOBs will find a way....trust me.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why? I'm a Yankee fan, they haven't won in in almost a decade. Future is looking bright though :thumbs up:

I totally disagree with the champion or bust philosophy. When you stop and think about how ridiculously hard it is to win it all with so many variables in play like injuries, hot team, lucky bounce, bad penalty call/missed penalty call, etc. I just don't see why anyone would have such high expectations.

Just setting yourselves up for major disappointment and robbing yourselves of some enjoyment of the victories along the way.

I think the Steelers are capable of winning it all every year but I also know there are a lot of reasons that may not and probably will not happen.

If you approach it from your perspective, then like the man in black said, get used to disappointment.

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    That's ok I can handle the disappointment because there is always next year and I'm a fan 365 . I will just turn my attention to the draft and get ready for what's next. I know championship or bust is a flawed philosophy but it's my expectation every year when I feel my team has the talent to win. I'm not foolish enough to expect it ....I know how difficult it is but it's still my expectation until the final whistle of the season. I enjoy the victories but I still stay critical when I feel my teams underachieve...

Yankees are on the verge of another dynasty. Tons of young talent and as always money to burn....well after this year because they are desperate to get under the tax threshold . They can compete for a title again next year and open up the wallets again the following year...they can still add Otani though. Go Yanks....

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If you want to know why the offense is struggling then you should look at Ben's statistical rankings, he's ranked in the mid 20's. Ben also has the 2nd most ints in the league since week 3, but keep blaming the coaches :facepalm:.

6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Sorry. I forgot this was Ben's team. Forgot that he game plans against the next opponent. Forgot that when he wasn't struggling statistically in past seasons, we still played down to the level of our opponents. Forgot that he's responsible for the scout team, the play calling, and basically every facet of the team. Yeah, the coaches are just figure heads, puppets for him to pull their strings.

Thanks for reminding me. :rolleyes:

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If I was motivated enough, Id compile a bunch of games where they didnt play well against .500 teams and bet youd see Ben played poorly in a lot those contests.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    So like I said, I forgot that Ben is the litmus test that determines success and failure for the Steelers. If only we had 10 other guys and a coaching staff to help him. But alas, every loss is his fault alone.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You like to blame everyone but Ben. Just pointing out that he bears responsibility too, a large part of it. Sorry, I know you dont like anyone speaking ill of your hero.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    It's funny that you would think that. Ben is anything but my hero. If you really look at what I have said, it isn't pro Ben. I have actually NEVER been a fan of his.

In my extremely narrow view of what is wrong with the Steelers, there is only one culprit. And if I were to accept the view that Ben is that culprit, my entire belief system would come crashing down.

Ben has missed throws. He has regressed back to rookie level reading defenses. He is playing soft. He isn't compensating for his mistakes anymore (which is what made him so dangerous in the past...he might make a bad throw or get picked trying to force it...but there was this belief that the ultra competitive gunslinger would draw up something in the sand and redeem himself). He looks like he's lost some of that fire.

Romo said something a few weeks ago about a decision that a qb made (don't even remember if it was Ben or not). He said that was a throw he would have made late in his career as if it didn't really matter as much. (Paraphrasing hard here) "I would never have attempted that early in my career. But at some point you think, I've accomplished so much and my career is winding down. Why not just chuck it and see what happens?"

I see that in a lot of Ben's throws. He's not really all in. He's just chucking it. If it works, great. If it goes the other way for 6, I'll still see my wife and kids this evening.

I can't wait for him to retire and for us to start the next chapter of Steeler football. He needed to be here this season, unfortunately, because we had too much talent to bequeath to Dobbs or Landry. They aren't the future.

So, Ben isn't the problem, but he's not the solution. He's out in front of the underperformance brigade right down main street Futilityville, failing miserably at throwing candy to the kids on the sidewalk.

But...Tomlin is driving the truck that is pulling our float and he won't look out for potholes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    i see it differently. I don’t think he’s got a “what the hell” attitude. I think he refuses to acknowledge that he can’t make all of the throws he used to make. Ben has always attempted some audacious throws, but as recently as a couple of years ago he was able to make them. Now he has difficulty keeping the ball from sailing on a dig. I don’t see him throwing anything that he wouldn’t have tried at any other point in his career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sarcasm aside, but every team with SB aspirations lives or dies by the QB for the most part. We are used to Ben being part of the solution. Right now, that isn’t happening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to be honest i think it's a combination of everything said. ben not fully into it, he can't make all the throws anymore, he can't move around like he used to, the staff isn't helping adjust to what he can now do, his injuries from the past are catching up, MT won't change his approach to the co-o's, his teams play flat and uninspired most of the time, we have seen more sideline conflicts under him this year than ever, leadership seems lacking by players and coaching and the front office. on and on but we are 7-2 with a pretty easy schedule, facing teams that are injury depleted, and we are still just getting by with some very average play and luck. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

15. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    So..are you Mike Tomlins internet body guard? I hope he lets you sleep because I don't think he pays you enough for the work you put in to defend him 24 hours a day.

The day he does get fired, a little piece of you will die inside.. are you going to be ok??

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nope, but I know it pains you to see him and the Steelers win because you're a joke of a fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    FYI if the franchise QB plays like crap you will probably lose, like Ben 5 ints and 2 pick sixes against Jacksonville. Ben is the highest paid player on the team, and yet sometimes Ben gets outplayed by the likes of Ryan Mallett :facepalm:.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  18. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    You sound like an emotional mess... My bad for ruffling feathers :lolol:

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You sound like a butthurt fan, the team is 7-2 and you have nothing better to do but complain about the HC.

20. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    I hope Mike is paying you 1 extra more dollar for flexing your muscles at me..

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Your posts and thoughts are :poopy:

22. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    My thought is MT is not the right coach for this team. At least I can say I stick with them for decisions that I don't agree with.

Nevermind what I think. Its you we are worried about because you are on the verge of an emotional breakdown

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is going well

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  24. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    I'm a horrible person :lolol:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sometimes I wonder if Ben wishes he had retired in the off season. It does seem like he's not enjoying himself and is struggling mentally. That "hit" he took against Indy, I can't imagine he was actually in pain because it was barely a hit, but it seemed like he couldn't even get himself off the ground. I can't help but wonder if it was just Ben feeling like he had nothing left to give to the sport of football, so he had trouble getting up. Either that or his body can't handle the sport anymore, which would also cause you to feel mentally defeated I'm sure.

I think this is his last year and I get the feeling he doesn't want to play anymore regardless of how this season unfolds. We'll see though

• Agree Agree x 2