1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Several Steelers Want Haley Off The Sideline

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Nov 14, 2017.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Haley will finish the year, but I think he's gone after it.

The video clearly showed him yelling at Ben on Sunday, and honestly, dude can screw off. Ben has earned the right to not deal with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    If people want to write Ben off, let the guy play a game calling plays out of the no-huddle. Get Haley and the other talking heads TF out of the way and see what Ben can [still] do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

God forbid an OC yell at a QB.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  4. uncblue012

Aug 11, 2017
    Well, it's a bit different when your quarterback is being told, "shut the **** up." Haley has denied it, but look at the video, it's pretty obvious what was said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall in those QB meeting rooms....bet there are some pretty tense discussions

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Solution is simple in that everyone should STFU and just worry about and do their damn job. Playcalling has left a lot to be desired but Ben has also missed a lot of throws, doesn't audible out of trouble, holds ball to long, players missed assignments, sloppy routes and dropped passes, even Boz missing kicks. Everyone just needs to focus on what they do and execute.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben should STFU

8. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Big deal. It's an emotional game. Ben should be big enough to handle it. It's not like yelling at an 8th grader who couldn't get the play in after a time out was called.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Haley was a mistake from day 1. Thinking about what this team could have done without him over the last 5+ seasons brings me great sadness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    A lot of shutting and effing and ups lol

S..T..F..U, let's have a party! sung to the tune of "Red Solo Cup" Steelers need to have a group hug

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    OK years back Haley and Ben eluded to allowing Ben to have major input in the plan of attack . Haley stated Ben put in the plays he liked and he had 3 or 4 audibles on each called play . So if that is true the majority of the game plan is Ben's . And Ben is failing to execute a game plan he mostly implemented. If that is the case then Haley has every right to tell Ben to shut up ..

My take is Haley will be the ScapeGoat for Ben's poor play and poor decision making . Haley has protected Ben and extended his career now Ben knows he doesn't have the goods anymore as a result he is painting everyone else as the problem . MB isn't doing this and that right. The OL needs to do this and that better, Bell needs more time because he missed camp. The Coach is always cussing at me. I don't want to play Thursday games.

Ben is the main problem and what if Haley knows that ? Maybe Haley can see he has better options and is all but forced to play Ben ? Just like the fans on here say we go as far as Ben takes us. Well I call BS again as Ben is not playing near the level he should be.

I am so done with Ben at this point .I hate LJ'S , but at this point just go with him. If no one is willing to let Dobb's have a shot.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I think you forgot the green font.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

There was no mistaken what he said.. Could read his lips perfectly.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I think what happened there was a disagreement between Ben, Haley and Tomlin regarding which play they were going to run.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Yeah, I not sure the inner workings here. Haley was a Rooney decision and LeBeau "retired". At the same time, Im not sure Colbert and Rooneys would stand in his way if he went to them with this.

Not that I think this would happen mid season, just saying what I think should be done. It's not just a Ben issue, several players apparently are having problems with him it seems.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why? We have no idea what that was about and Haley is a dick, so Im not sure he wasnt at fault there.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Please Take Haley Into Tampa Bay Immediately ? PTHITBI

• Like Like x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011

19. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is all being taken out of context... he said STFU Ben! I DO NOT have a man crush on Bruce Arians

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What's the context? If Haley is arguing with a quality control coach about having personnel packages ready and Ben is butting in with the time ticking away and Ben not listening the first secondor third time to stop and stay out of it then yep I'd tell him to stfu as well. If it is a disagreement about the call then yes Ben and Haley both need to get over it. If Haley is getting mad then he needs to find better ways to communicate.

21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    At this point in time, idk what you do to jump start the O. Is it Ben is it Haley is Tomlin not putting things under his thumb... Or is it all execution?

Ben is not going anywhere... The team trotted him out there over the years when he physically had no biz being on the field. His fault by demanding, their fault by allowing, whatever... He's there until he physically can't trot out there or hangs it up.

Is the O just too predictable? A lot of us here say yes... A lot of us say execution makes that assesment inarguable. Ben today I think it was, was saying he wants more no huddle... His line of thought was take what you do well and pick up the pace get in rhythm etc... And I believe added why add new stuff when you can do what you do well and pick up the pace. Atleast that is how I interpreted whoever wrote the story from either direct quotes or author interpretation.

I defend Ben and bust him at the same time. I acknowledge he's off, or not right, or not healthy enough, or not playing like his wreckless self because he's more focused on the afterlife, or simply just can't at this point. I really can't get in line with the line of thought of why change things why add new things when you can do what you do well but add in more or just focus on more no huddle.

Look, it's one thing if we see the team being too predictable... It's another if players on opposing teams say that and a bit more so when a small amount of this teams guys have said it... EVERY YEAR.

I personally would like to see more no huddle... Hard to do in others houses for sure, but that's the expectation right? It's hard. Time to man up and put it to work. Also time to get creative with the playbook. Nothing asinine like revamping mid season... I mean they're friggin doing excellent standings wise at this point. Every predictable formation they trot out to the field has other options to mix up... Doesn't happen a whole lot but honestly could and more so could be a positive without shaking all of the leaves off of the tree.

Idk what happened to the Haley dink and dunk... Idk why they insist on running the wheels off of Bell during the moments it is not working. Idk why they refuse to just dial up stuff to move chains as opposed to swinging for the fences when it's not necessary.

So far they've had half a season and a bye week to find something and while I enjoy the results, whatever they're plotting isn't really turning the cog on O. Too dependent on Bell? Too predictable on the play calling? Ben physically can't go? Teams not being properly prepared or motivated? Haleys an *******? Ben's an *******? Nobody executes? It's friggin endless.

This season has seen more unwanted drama on field off field than were used too for sure... I guess it shouldn't be surprising that we end up with the QB or OC hurt feelings and whose matter most. This team is too loaded, too talented on the O side of the ball to not yield better results. I call out both QB and OC and mix in some HC because he's the captain anyhow. I don't think Ben is spent... I saw a spent QB in Peyton and for all the smarts and prep he was legendarily known for he was physically spent and his play with all of the prep showed it. Ben looks nothing close to that. He might be as dumb and stubborn as ever albeit with more of a cautious approach, but nowhere near physically unable to ball. Haleys successful moments as OC have been hit and miss too... Maybe he bought into the philosophy of not living in your fears and all of the rest.

We didn't have much of a D but a better O since Haleys came into the fold. Now we have a trending north type of D playing pretty well within the scope of what they have... But the O has suddenly gone to ****. It isn't all on Ben. They're should be more creativity and better execution all around, but I think Haley and Ben have hit fever pitch and probably a bit of rightfully so on eithers side.

Throw his ass in the booth see what's happens. All I do know is, if the same product is unwilling to switch up backs for breathers and unwilling to play smart ball by switching gears pace wise, take what is given situationally, and coninuing to be too predictable, it will cost em.

I think we have too many egos involved between the 2 and maybe a little seperation leads to something... There has to be give and take on both sides, don't know if either is up to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't know who made the decision on LeBeau.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Lame story, several players and coaches want Haley off the sideline none of whom are named.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Short week drama aimed at explaining away what is pretty typical of this team. Being rusty, not ready to play against teams with bad records and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  25. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This... perhaps my memory is (well... not perhaps... it is) hazy but I seem to recall a lot more success with this dink and dunk... it was really effective with Bell too (is that "undefeated" stat for carries or all touches?). What seems to be lacking in my layman's eyes is a coherent strategy for the offensive (never mind adjustments). I've heard tell that many teams use different playbooks for different phases of the season... my hope is they are saving stuff for the later part of the season and playoffs.