1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Several Steelers Want Haley Off The Sideline

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Haley has never exactly been known for being cool under pressure so this wouldn't surprise me at all. I still think he's gone after this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Steelers fans want him in the parking lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I want him in Baltimore!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  6. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Scientists unveil new brain scanning technology that shows what a person is thinking. They tested it on Haley during the Indy game. Here is what they saw:

monkeybrain.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Feels like the series finale of a once great, turned bad series sort of deal.

Haley will not be gone this season. In the upcoming offseason though.., I would not count that out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    There’s now a story that says Ben and other players want to run the no huddle more.

There’s a divorce coming. We just have to wait and see if it’s Ben who retires or Haley that leaves. I know which one I prefer.

9. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Haley has said, according to Bouchette, that he was yelling at another coach, not Ben, during that sideline tirade. FWIW

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

He could of said that, you never know.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Never liked Haley. Tomlin should fire him and promote Fichtner.

Nip this potentially season derailing problem in the bud.

Fich will give Ben a lot more freedom to call plays. I'd bet money that the offense would improve.

I don't care about letting inmates run the asylum stuff, care about taking advantage of Bens last year here.

Of course, Haley could be a large part of why Ben is considering retiring. Without Haley here, he may play another year.

At any rate, FTHI!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Ben believes he was yelling at him.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He clearly said STFU Ben STFU.

Don't think we have any Ben coaches on the team.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What the Steelers don’t have on offense is an identity. You could say it is Bell. But they are more talented than that. IMHO, they should be more quick strike. Have these receivers running quick routes where Ben gets the ball out early. I saw on NFLN them pointing to two plays with pressure on Ben where it was an incompletion. Yes, Ben has some responsibility, but it didn’t look to me like the receivers were playing smart football either. That to me, is a coaching function. Haley must own that.

15. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    This team could find a spotlight in a Polar Night. Jeebus, everybody just stfu already and play football.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Too bad Tomlin doesn't seem to have much say on OCs

17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Ben does do a lot of bitching and Haley's play calling hasn't been great most of the year. They need to figure it out. Haley isn't being fired mid-season.

18. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    This is where having an actual leader as head coach would come in handy

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well he does have his weekly " Throw your teammates and coaches under the bus" show....so there's that.
    I don't think they can reach a accord at this point. Someone needs to step in because I think they are both too stubborn to give in. Tomlin needs to lay the smack down....but will he? PTHITBI

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

??

21. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    This isn’t a knock at all on tomlin, but I’ve never seen him looking at a play sheet on the sidelines. Even though he is a defensive minded coach, it would be interesting to see what types of plays he himself would call. I would bet a little money that he would be a little more aggressive. By that I mean like no up the middle runs on second and long.

22. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I doubt that Tomlin can make the decision to fire anyone by himself. I don't think that the way the Steelers do things. I think a discussion will take place between coaches, Colbert, and ownership in regard to that kind of a decision. Probably the only person in the organization that has the power to fire anyone by himself is Rooney.

I think Ben is 60 to 70% done. He's not playing consistently well enough and on top of it he's playing like he wants a life after football. I don't see Ben's play improving dramatically regardless of whatever OC is calling the shots.

23. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Tomlin does not make the call on his coordinators; Rooney's do. They hired TH to begin with, MT did not. They were behind "retiring" Arians, not MT. They made the decision to dump Dick L., MT clearly did not make that call. It is obvious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    yes, I was going to ask the same thing.. put todd haley in the booth immediately??? or you could go.. punch todd haley in the beans immediately lol

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That whole 2 point conversion was a complete debacle besides scoring the 2 points which of coarse is most important. There was a time out called and Ben still couldn't get the right play in or another player wasn't lining up right who I believe was Bryant. I'd have to watch it other than from the stands though to understand what happened more.

• Like Like x 1