1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

After 10 weeks, which teams are for real and which teams are pretenders?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Nov 12, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Non Steelers fan?

2. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    All I know is no NFC team would beat the Pats, so expect ring #6 for Brady...crazy!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And yet we can't beat the Patriots because they own us? This isn't pointed at you turtle, I just find it fascinating how some on here are so critical of the Steelers but, in the same breath, will give every other team credit. I know, I know, "I can be a fan and still be critical!" blah blah blah. Can you imagine partying with some people on here...Positive guy: Hey, great party. Great Beer and snacks. Look at all the fine women. I'm having a great time. Some Steelers' fans: This party sucks. The party at the other house is better. Their beer is colder and they have more variety. I'm not saying our women aren't fine, but look at the bombshells over at the other party. If you guys would just listen to my expert party advise this party would be better but for now the other house party owns us! Try finding the positive once in a while, you might find you enjoy it!

4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

And yet Ben is ranked 8th right now among all QBs. Weird!

5. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Yeah I am a Rams fan on the steelers bandwagon

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I really think it could be anybody' Super Bowl. Lot of Parity in the the NFL at the moment.

NFC-
    Eagles- Hottest team in the NFL. But, inexperienced QB in the playoffs, and coach. Playoffs get harder.
    Rams-Great defense, young inexperienced playoff QB and a 31 year old coach. Playoffs get harder.
    Saints- Defense which has finally turned it around. Very experienced QB, Very experienced coach. Great run game. Two good RB's.
    Panthers- Is cam back? is he not back? I'm just not sure what guy is going to show up but hey they are 7-3.
    Seahawks- Experienced QB and coach, decent defense, the injury train is going to derail them.
    Vikings-Great defense, decent coach. Winning with Case Keenum, yes that guy.
    Lions- I think this will be the last team in, but I don't think they will go far, good QB, and that's just not enough.

My pick Saints. Winning 7 games in a row, hard to play in their building. A good QB, great running game, a decent D, and experienced coach. I think they are headed back.

AFC-
    Steelers- Decent coach, a QB who is still good, but seems to maybe be in decline, great RB, great WR's, great line, but have yet to find their grove in scoring points, Allowing 16.4 PPG on defense. Winning but not winning pretty.
    Patriots- Well probably the best coach of all time and QB. Defense seemed very suspect early on in the season but the seemed to have come around a little. Little banged up at WR spot. But, still the team to try to beat in the AFC, until someone unseats them.
    Jaguars- Great defense, maybe the best in the NFL at the moment dare I say. Future star RB, their QB scares me for them. Plus not experienced in the playoffs as they are a young team.
    Chiefs- Experienced QB and coach. a usually great defense who I think has unperformed. Have play makers at RB and WR. But this team always seems to be a one and done team at playoff time. However thy seem to be one team that can match up well against the Patriots.
    Titans-Inexperienced playoff QB, I think they are a bit young and experienced to go far in the playoffs but an up and coming team for sure.
    Last spot up the air
    Bills look like in good position to make the final spot. I'd think to see them go just for their fan base I think it's been close to 17 years since they last made the playoffs. But, they seem to have some spot of weakness to do much in the playoffs.
    But, Ravens, Raiders, and Dolphins aren't out

My pick the Steelers, I hope I'm right and this is the year. I just got a feeling that we can take on the Patriots, because we haven't clicked yet on offense and when we do it's going to get awesome.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You're joking right?

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

9. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Steelers are my afc team...

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    where are these parties you speak of? :hehehe::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What

12. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I like Steelers and the Rams ...Is that a crime ?...yes I am a casual football fan

13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    So when did you become a Rams fan? Farragamo/Dickerson years of the 70's? Greatest show on turf years in late 90's and early 00's? or just this year after Jeff Fisher was fired and the Rams started winning?

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Positive Guy: Dunno, man, these women are really hot.
    Steelers Fans: Maybe, but it’s been a while now and there still doesn’t seem to be any chemistry. I don’t think it’s going to happen this weekend.
    Positive Guy: Well, this is pretty good beer. Says on the label that it won a blind taste test ...
    Steelers Fan: For a microbrew, you’d think it’d blow away that mass-produced beer. And granted, it ranked #1, but look at the beers it was up against. Weak.
    Positive Guy: The snacks are—
    Steelers Fan: The chips don’t go well with the guacamole. They never have. They loved the salsa, and they’re still pissed that it was replaced by the guacamole. In fact, you can see people using chips to pick out parts of the guacamole to make it more salsa-like. (Even if it results in more chips getting broken.)
    Positive Guy: I like this music.
    Steelers Fan: It’s so predictable. You can literally listen to the first 2-3 notes and know what song is coming. If my teenage son can see it coming, you know the guests can. They should fire the DJ right now and bring in someone else.
    Positive Guy: You don’t seem to like parties very much.
    Steelers Fan: I’ve been coming to parties here for 40 years—started when these parties couldn’t get any guests. They’re usually pretty good, but there’s always a party in Boston that’s better. (They’ve hired hookers to pose as guests and let some air out of partygoers’ tires to keep them there, but still.)
    Positive Guy: OK then. I’m gonna hit the john.
    Steelers Fan: Good luck. There’s a bathroom attendant in every john, and you’ll need to whiz a little in each. Otherwise, the other attendants will throw hissy fits.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    No way ....I've been a Rams fan since Jim everett days lol

16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

17. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    I used to have a Jackie Slater jersey but I burnt it eversince I found out his son played for the pats .

18. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Actually since you asked I became a Ramsy when I went to Tony zendejas Restaurant and the food was awesome so I became a Rams fan..lol

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This is why I made it up. I never get invited to the good parties, ok, any parties :shrug:

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You do realize that the Rams were originally spawned in Cleveland right?

21. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    1936-1945? Yeah sure...I was born in 1980 though ..

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I smell a troll

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    That's cool, remember when he roughed up Jim Rome? That was hilarious. Flipper Anderson was a great player back then.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s my lucky underwear

25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So much for the Panthers being a pretender. Any Team at the top with a dual threat QB has a chance . Of course they need other guys as it's a Team game when it's all said and done, but having a QB that forces Defenses to play 11 on 11 has a great chance to ring up the score board in any game.

We need the same type of thing we have all the weapons to fit that system it is the future of the NFL . Of course a top notch pocket QB can work as well , but only 1 of those left as Brady made use of every RB and every TE on the roster last week. His ability to read a D before the snap and place the ball in the perfect place to the correct guy from the right package is what it takes to be a great pocket passer.

We are so far from both of those types it's not funny . A old man playing back yard Football strikes fear in no one , but educated Fans.