1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are 7-2 and people here act like we are 2-7

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Nov 12, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That's the problem. You're keeping it real negative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    OK... the defense has been much better than expected this year and is carrying the team to wins. Obviously.

See? Something positive.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Clearly Ben isn't reading defense or scanning the field very well. He is locking in and he's pretty determined that's where he's throwing the ball....and that's not good and a major part of the problem....hell it took him forever to find McDonald and he was open forever....he made some good plays at the end but his and the teams inconsistencies isn't gonna get it done in the end...need to improve greatly.

4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

They played a heck of a lot better vs Detroit than the garbage Colts. The 2nd half wasn't so great vs Detroit but that seems to always happen when the Steelers start off strong, they just coast to the finish line.
    The thing that saved us vs Detroit is , they suck just as bad inside the red zone as we do. Marsha would've had a field day if Detroit were the cheats.

5. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Looks like Haley was screaming at Ben during the 2 point try. Ben says it happens all the time. Doesn’t sound like Ben and Haley are on the same page...again. Tomlin had to overrule Haley on the call. Play calls don’t look all that great. Maybe Haley is the problem?

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If we were 2-7 I wouldn't be on this site cause my laptop would be in 10,000 pieces.

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah too bad the playoffs weren't over before Christmas.....so we could all get new electronics.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt that. During watercooler-gate, his whole thing was he was going through his progressions, when AB wasnt open initially, he moved on to his next read. I seriously doubt a 13 year vet is locking in on one player only like a rookie QB would.

I seem to remember Ben under some pressure on the Vance TD, could be why he didnt see him right away. Vance is also probably his last read.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    For as long as Vance was open and referring to memory on the play...he had plenty of time to find him. You can't tell me Ben hasn't been locking on this year. He has forced a lot of passes into double and triple coverage.

10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm surprised that Ben didn't miss the turf throwing the ball down on the dead plays. Maybe we should sign Indys turf as our #1 receiver.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Broncos miss Wade Phillips more than they miss Peyton.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You make no sense when you say our record is on Tomlin's hands, their record is 7-2 and you're still complaining :facepalm:. I bet the Browns, Giants, and 49ers would love to be 7-2, and they wouldn't complain about it.

13. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I've rewatched that play several times. All the recievers are to his left, I would be curious if Vance was even supposed to be over there or if he improvised?

And have you watched Ben throughout his whole career? Throwing into double coverage isn't new this year and is by no means a sign he's forcing the ball more. It's something he's done a lot in the past and has gotten away with.

The fans around here are out of their minds. This team is 7-2, playing well, but nowhere near their best and still winning. In the past, the Steelers lose games like this last Sunday, this year they're winning them. Had the Steelers lost, there would have been 10 pages of "Tomlin's losing record vs bad teams" over and over but this time they pull through and STILL there is pissing and moaning because it wasn't a blow out. These are grown ass men making millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME! If they need another grown man to motivate them to play hard, that's pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Maybe actually read what is being said. I'm frustrated that we're playing ugly games. I'm complaining because I want to enjoy watching my favorite team dominate inferior opponents.

Maybe you like watching nail biters. If so, more power to you. I, on the other hand, would like to see my favorite team NOT muddle through a season where our best players are all finally on the field and healthy.

For a few years now we have all wondered what it would be like with all our weapons available. Not many would have predicted, or desired, this.

Make sense now?

15. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    All our problems & worries can be solved if the team excluding Boswell just score some damn points. Our defense seem to be playing well with little margin for error scoreboard-wise. Can you imagine how our defense could take more chances if we're up by 2 or more touchdowns??

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I go back to Shazier and DeCastro blaming the bye on their lethargy. A couple more td's would have been the ticket for sure, but how do we get them?

We get them by changing the mindset. We get them by good coaching. Until we change the mindset, the points won't come.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah I get it.
    You're a spoiled fan that can't handle the stress of a close football game.
    And before you start with the Rose colored glasses talk. I understand we're not playing to our perceived potential. I too am somewhat disappointed that we're not more consistent on offense.
    We are winning games. Enjoy it!

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Why does Boswell get a pass? If he doesn't miss that field goal we are just running the clock out on that last drive.

19. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Apparently, you DON'T get it.

First, you expect me to find my own enjoyment on your terms. Ain't gonna happen. I'll find my own satisfaction as I see fit. Thanks for playing.

Second, don't assume to know anything about me or what I can or cannot handle. Pump your brakes, Jethro.

I'll try one last time to explain myself to you. I'll type as slow as I can and use small words this time.

I love to watch the Steelers. I am happier watching the Steelers play good football. Watching the Steelers win on the last play of the game does not make the past 3 hours of my life more enjoyable. It only gives me relief. What makes 3 hours of my life enjoyable is the Steelers out pacing the opponent on the scoreboard.

If you can't understand and/or accept that, then maybe you can't handle the stress of posting on a message board and should just go pound sand.

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    To be fair, us Steelers fans are spoiled. We have a very successful franchise that has spoiled us for a long time. Winning has become something most of us simply expect. Winning by itself is no longer good enough. Many of us want playoff runs and championships. The problem is that we know NE is waiting for us and if we don't start playing better, they will beat us, yet again. I don't really care if we pound Indy or not, what I care about is that we aren't playing well enough to beat NE. It's been 9 weeks and so far there hasn't really been any improvement. Beating NE is the goal, because that is what stands in our way of a deep playoff run

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well since you slowed it down and used small words.

22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They lost to the raiders, dophins ,texans, and the texans blew them up 57-14, and they barely beat the browns 12-9, and they just barley got by the bungles so i'm not worried about them putting up points by the bushel, it will probably be a tight game, but I expect we will win it.....

23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I hope you're right. And I hope the local Pittsburgh media scrutiny over the past few days will light a fire under the offense. Both the PG and Trib have articles criticizing the offense, which they usually don't do when the Steelers are winning. Ben is whining about the media and the fans. Good.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was complaining about Thursday night games too and how its not enough time for players to recuperate. I think Ben is having a real hard time just getting himself out there. Lot of season left, hope he makes it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    It doesnt matter, this is the NFCs year, they have the better teams, 4 of them have 7 wins and one has 8 wins while the AFC has ony two 7 win teams, and any of those NFC teams are capable of beating the patsies or us in a SB if they make it to the big game that is, ben thinks since they are winning no one should criticize him or the team I guess he is happy with mediocrity..........

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1