1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TODD HALEY OUCH!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Nov 12, 2017.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Article calling out Haley. IMO, there is reason to criticize and here is my two cents. The play calling near the goal line needs improvement. I wish he would just look at film from the teams most successful scoring TD`s inside the 10 yard line and just call only those plays that work the best instead of what he likes to call. Also, I hope he noticed it seems the book on stopping us is shutting down Bell`s run game. What do we do to start off the game? We spend the first couple possessions trying to bull our way to get Bell running and not take what the opposition`s defense is allowing. We may not like it, but if they are doing that, we have to pass on 1st down and make it stick or else we will be playing right into their hands like we have most all year. It`s rare we dominate at the line to the extent we can force the run game. On a side note: Ju Ju is our new go to guy when Brown is double covered. Exploit that to the full Haley.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...hant-in-the-room-which-is-todd-haleys-offense

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'll admit I was on board with the Haley hire but I've seen enough....him and Ben aren't even in the same book, nevermind same page. This O will continue to underachieve because the 2 don't see eye to eye never have....in the beginning it was great short passing game,we moved the ball at will between the 20s and even though we still had RZ troubles we had more opportunities to score...Ben bought in at the beginning but it has all gone out the window probably because Ben doesn't like to dink and dunk even though it works for that guy up in the NE...but hey what do they know.

Haley has to go...like yesterday go. It is probably the only chance we have at this point of this O coming anywhere near its potential. There is a rift and a gap in there relationship that is holding us back. This is Ben's last year and do we really want Haley grooming our next QB....so just let him go now. I really feel we have nothing to lose. I'm not saying it's all Haleys fault but Ben is being coddled as it is ,we might as well let him have his way and maybe it sparks something the rest of the way...

There is clearly something missing with this O. Moving the ball is like running in quick sand. There is virtually no use of the TEs or secondary receivers. All the play calls look like they are designed to go to one guy and when that is covered it's just a constant scramble drill or a forced throw into coverage. There is no creativity in this offense. Every D has a weakness but we do nothing to try and exploit what they don't do well. We just continue to try and force the square peg....we have adopted the way we used to play D and turned into the way we play O. We look for nothing but chunk plays because we don't have the confidence we can sustain drives. I think a lot of that falls on Ben,but at this point it's not gonna change...so at least for whatever is left in f Ben's career ....give him what he wants.....FTHI

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't know why they don't try AB with a flea flicker....

He was a QB in high school and threw a pretty ball!

4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If our offense is not running like a well oiled machine come playoff time, we will not go far. The defense can only take us so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    :this!: I was looking for a vomit emoji but we don't have one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :puking 5::puking::puking 3::puking 4:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The reason they suck in the red zone is because of all the useless 2 point attempts..theyre giving plays away for nothing. These are the same plays for Td's

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL Ohh those vomit emojis :lolol:

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    C'mon man TTF is on it.....he's our HC and he always puts us in a position where our posts can be successful.....his situational emoji game is on point.......unlike some of our teams coaching. PTHITBI....

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The question is would Art Rooney allow Tomlin to fire Haley?

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Red Zone plays are baffling sometimes but I wonder how many times it's Ben checking off at the line.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben & Haley are toxic. It is hard to work for someone when you can't stand them.

Very much easier when you have made north of 180 million dollars and don't have to worry

about making your mortgage payment.

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Good coaches don't accept mediocrity, not to mention poor play. The Steelers don't have a good coach, so sucking arse is fine as long as we win.

Do you think Saban would accept his team playing down to the level of their opponents? Would he be okay with them never being sharp after a bye week?

No. He wouldn't.

That's why he is a championship calibre coach, unlike Mike Tomlin.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
  15. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    So true. I hear this all the time from my employees.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    AB would have to line up under center hand the ball off to the running back then the RB pitch it back so AB can throw it down field. I don't see that working. I don't mind the flea flicker, but do it with a QB.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    All 3 of them should be fired..Ben ..Haley and Tomlin

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't follow college football so wouldn't compare it, but I'd note that Tomlin has won an NFL championship, while Saban had two seasons in the NFL where he went 9-6 and 6-10. In that first season, the Dolphins lost 3 in a row coming off the bye.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Isnt Saban the guy who quit on his team mid season and went back to college?

Yeah, thats a guy I want to emulate. A hack that couldnt make it in the pros and withered under pressure, went running home with his tail tucked between his legs.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

why fitchner? you can't coach old age. reading the write up it sounds like the ben/haley rift continues. http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/roethlisberger-says-haley-screaming-games-isnt-new/

ben just did what ben wanted and called a play he admitted. i think this has way more to do with the situation than it just being haley. ben is a freaking hard head. ben thinks he knows best and nobody is going to tell him different. anderson left us and i still think it was because of ben being hard headed. remember ben calling audibles from the prior year in haley's first season? he was ticked that BA was let go. he and haley had to sit down with the rest of the offense the next season and rewrite haleys playbook to what ben liked. i have a suspicion ben isn't the easiest guy to coach. ben likes what ben likes and nobody is going to tell him differently. that's the take i have on big ben. i may be way wrong but i don't think so. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. MaineSteelerFan

MaineSteelerFan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2017
    You have no complaints yet you make one lol.

22. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah reading lips it looked like he was saying something about changing the F-in play.

Which probably caused all the confusion with no time on the play clock away from home.

24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Well, to me, the Haley yelling makes a lot of sense now..... this was after the timeout for the 2 point conversion, and after the delay of game..... "STFU and run the damn play"..... yep, sounds about right.

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe have him throw it out of that WR screen?

I don't know I'm having Randle EL flashbacks...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017