1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip to Indy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by troybellringer55, Nov 13, 2017.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well group, the wife and I finally did we made a Steelers weekend road trip to Indy. We had been planning this for months. We woke up at 5 am Saturday morning from our home in Northwest PA, got the In-laws to watch our 4 and 6 year old and we hit the 6 hour trip to Indy.

When we first got to Indy we hit up some breweries/ brew pubs. We like our craft beers so, we had to hit a couple of those locations.

We had reservations for St. Elmo's, which is a pretty well know steak house in Indy. Famous for their super hot shrimp cocktail. Burns the nasal passages if you ever try the cocktail sauce, but it's super good.

Good a nice huge prime rib it was awesome.

We ended up staying at the JW Marriott, not a cheap hotel. But, with two little kids a home, a couples trip like this doesn't happen often, so I splurged a little.

It just so happened, it was the same hotel the Steelers players were staying at. I'm.were not a autograph person or a getting my picture person, so it was neat to just see the players. I really actually felt bad for the players because they couldn't go anywhere with out Steelers fans camped out in the lobby just seeking autographs, pictures and whatever.

They do a good job in not stopping while moving. Plus hotel had security so the players would be left alone a little.

Sunday morning the wife and I got off the elevator and Joe Haden was right there. ( wish I would have said a prayer for his leg there, I had I known)

It was neat experience, who would of thought all the hotels and Indy, and I picked the one they be at.

As far as the game it was, what I thought it be, Steelers playing down to an inferior team on the road again. Colts fans were extremely nice, I don't have a single negative thing to say about them. But, there had to be 15-20K steelers fans there, and I think that be a conservative estimate.
    Lucas Oil is a nice place, glad the game was indoors as it was raining outside, it's a nice set up on the inside, outside it looks like a big Warehouse, doesn't impress me with the outside look, but once inside it's very nice.

If any of you get the chance to go to Indy. It's a very nice city. We enjoyed our time. The wife and I look forward to getting to go on another road trip someday. But, nothing beats a 90 minute drive to Heinz field, and we are home.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now I want a ribeye and a beer.

Although, I always want a ribeye and a beer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Nice write up, glad the trip went well. And the W was good as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    That`s great. Happy we did not diminish the experience with a loss. :smiley1:

5. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Would have been a long 6 hour trip home. But, I wanted shocked. We always struggle on the road against bad teams,

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well done Ambassador and Mrs. Troy! Ordering 7 beers at a time looks adventurous - perhaps that was just a sampler tray? Other than protection from the elements - not a big fan of the indoor venues - lighting and sound is so strange. AZ stadium venue is great outside but quite dreary indoors.

7. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    You fans were great! indy had to go silent count in their own building a few times according to Tunch and Wolfe!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    One thing that bothers me is all the Steelers fans I saw up waving towels and screaming when the Steelers were on Offense....Makes no sense to me.

When I went to that Monday night game in D.C. (The one we damn near took over the stadium) We were up and telling while the Redskins were on Offense and the players were trying to get the crowd to quiet down on key downs.

Hell the fans were too...that was really fun to watch them look around trying to get a majority Steelers crowd to quiet down...

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Saw that late in the game as well...looked like the Guard was tapping the center prior to the snap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Oh yes that was just a sampler. We ordered some bigger ones for ones we liked!

11. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah that bothered me too. But I don't think the Indy Colts were going to throw up the big " Quiet Ben a work" thing they do on the jumbotron at Heinz.

12. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm sure Jimmy Isray wasn't pleased to see such a big turn out of Steelers fans. I was talking to a lady next to me who was a Colts fan, she said they have a waiting list for tickets too. So, that means most of the tickets were sold second hand by Colts fans.