1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Offense has yet to score 30 points this year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jamie, Nov 13, 2017.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Yes I realize they are 7-2 and are on top of the AFC but after watching the games yesterday regardless of the injuries, we are not even a top 4 team. Everything is right there for us, we have 4 major prime time games the next 4 weeks. We win out and we are the number 1 seed and playoffs run through Heinz field.

Coaching, playcalling and discipline of this team is suspect but the team has improved defensively over last year. I just don't why we implode in the Red Zone, play down to sub .500 teams and for the life of me can not get pressure on Tom Brady. With the talent on this team the scoreboard should be ringing, not one game over 30 points?

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    When your allowing 16.4 PPG, you don't need to score 30.

Save the 30 point performance for New England, we will need it for that one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The fact that everything is right there for us makes us a top four team, IMO. I understand we have to execute, but the talent is immense and undeniably.

Tomlin most definitely is partially to blame for the team’s questionable play, but he also is partially to blame for them finding a way to win.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel someone between Ben, LevBell, or on the offensive line is either hurt and not telling, or skills have considerably diminished ... but the coaching staff is not going to admit that to the media.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben is on his last leg, with Haden down this Defense just went backwards big time . We will need to score 30 now and we can't . I think this season is all but over .We might win 3 more games this year and that's it.

The Titans will beat this Team by more than 10 on Thursday .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    The Titans were real impressive with that 4 point last minute victory at home against the horrible Bengals. Also you do alot of trolling what team are you a fan of troll?

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Foster had a terrible game against Indy. Seems to happen to him a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No Haden means more help needed to cover WR'S . This means less help against the running game . No Safety or LB can guard Walker 1 on 1 . Now add in a QB who is now healthy again and can run . This Defense will get torched on a short week..

I am a true Steelers fan , but this is a very bad matchup . The Colts are like the JV version of the Titans and they did very well against us.Now we face a similar PA style with a better RB and a better QB on a short week .I do not expect a win at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I think you may be right here. For coming off a bye week, I thought Ben got up really slow after a lot hits and Bell was not elusive or as fast as previous. That screen he caught 1x1 and was brought down in open field very rare. Also when he bounced outside in the red zone and was caught going to the corner not the Bell of old. One other glaring point was when Conner subbed in for the one play, he looked like Flash compared to Bell, so something is not right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Been reading about this for years. Many more players then Ben complain about it and I agree but for the NFL it's all about those $$$$$$.

We are in the playoffs for sure but I too have doubts Ben can get it done at this stage of his career.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Your posts remind me of that famous childhood poem:

Rose are red
    Violets are blue
    I'm schizophrenic
    And so am I

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't hear hockey players complaining about the frequency of their games, it's equally as violent and physical as football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Complain after you play. If Ben is the leader he should be he should have a different mind set after a sub par effort .I am looking for the Brady one after a not so great effort . It went something like we must focus harder we must be more attentive detail and so on .I will post if I find it.

The point is Ben is thinking about the wrong things he needs to be focused on getting ready for the game not spreading the info that he doesn't want to play it ...

15. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Something us not syncing up right and hasn't all season. It's not just Ben something else is going on

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I believe we are 1 of 5 teams not to score 30.....but have no fear because .....sky is the limit......maybe we should be shooting for stars...

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    With RS not showing for a while, I nominate you to be the new Schleprock! Wowzee, wowzee, woo woo!

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Really sad with all that talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'd like to see Finney starting at LG.

20. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If consistently under 30 pts. means controlling the clock and protecting the D then I am fine with it. The Steelers are 5th in the NFL in time of possession.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very good point, looks like we better hold onto this stat.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We are the #1 team in the AFC right now. That's a fact. Facts trump silly opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm dreading this Titan game for 2 reasons.

1. I have to work the next day
    2. I have to watch the Steelers offense do their best '99 Steelers offense imitation

I have a bad feeling Mariota is gonna torch the Steelers D and the offense won't do squat.

Good thing is... Steelers have mini-bye week after this Thursday night game.

24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    PWP, you are killing me. All this time, and I now finally have to ask. Honestly, do you believe what you type or do you do it to see what you can stir up? If you believe it, you need help you wont get here. If you do it to stir stuff up, you are a genius!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers need to work on coming out of the gate.

1st Quarter-3.6 Average
    2nd Quarter-8.1 Average
    3rd Quarter- 5.0 Average
    4th Quarter-4.1 Average

1st Quarter is horrid. Their really only solid one has been the 2nd quarter.
    If you want that 30 PPG you got to be around 7.5 for each quarter and it's a ways off for sure.
    Getting Touchdown's to FG's always helps.