1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are 7-2 and people here act like we are 2-7

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Nov 12, 2017.

1. InBenWeTrust

InBenWeTrust Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    If we beat the patriots the same exact way we beat the colts everyone would be thrilled. You just gotta treat everyone the same. Be thrilled we beat the colts. If you be like “we beat the colts BARELY, nothing to be excited about”, then you’re not gonna have a good time. Cherish the victory, it’s all mental.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agreed!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The Broncos fell apart when Peyton left. My fear is the Steelers will do the same once Ben steps away.

4. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I think the team chemistry has a lot to do with it. I don’t think Ben can connect with some of the younger players. There’s just too many “me first” players in the locker room. And we know he’s a big support of the military and police. The stupid protest crap surely doesn’t sit well with him like it doesn’t with many fans. The team looks lost and leaderless at times. Ben should be the leader but maybe he feels he can’t lead the knuckleheads on the team.

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This was one of the most "empty" wins I've experienced as a Steelers fan. It felt like a tie... like the Falcons vs. Steelers in '02.... except the Steelers offense was much better in that "tie" game.

The Steelers are pretenders. The team is not improving. Stagnant offense and defense that lucked up by not having to face Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson. The warts will be exposed in the playoffs. This team will be one and done, unless they miraculously improve... which I doubt very seriously will happen.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Our offense is not good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I come here without Black & Gold glasses, no pom poms. I am critical when needed.

Ben looked his old school self late in the game and finally Bryant contributed. JuJu is a star in the making. Losing Haden is large although the prognosis is not grave. The Defense is still carrying this team. A win is a win, i'll take it, makes Monday's a bit more bearable.

That being said...

Watching the cheats destroy the donkeys last night is a major concern. The cheats D is not of old, but their offense is. Yes, the donkeys are a shell.

We had to sit on the ledge until a last second field goal secured a win. Against a team on a major decline.

Does anyone here think our Offense is hitting their stride?

Lucky to get out of that stadium with a win. While the cheats are cruising.

This offense better get better quick.

The cheats will always block the way until we finally beat them. And it may have to be twice in one season. The 17th is right around the corner...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The really fustrating part is listening to Ben's explanation of the pick play and thinking are you really that fricking stupid. He says he saw single safety high and figured he would dbl AB and so they were taking the shot deep to Bryant although he said if he could get inside to try it. They were going deep regardless. You have a ten yard cushion the DB is rocking backwards on his heels and over ten yards of open space from the OLB to Bryant and he still decides to chuck it deep? Why? Bryant'speed alone says take the quick hitter and go for some serious YAC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Whatever
    You said we were an 8–8 team at best. Now that it looks like you're going to be wrong about that you change your doomsday prediction to "we'll be one and done in the playoffs "
    What's next? I can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers can still go 8-8. It wouldn't surprise me. Definitely the worst 7-2 team in the league. I don't see how anybody with any sense or objectivity could say with a straight face that this team can beat the Patriots. The Patriots/Broncos game was painful to watch. If Brady can do that to Denver's D, imagine what he will do to the Steelers D without Haden. It's f**king depressing knowing the outcome of this season is going to be the same as last year's.

11. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

Yeah, samething when brady walks...say what you want about billicheat great coach bs...this team is all tom brady...without brady, billicheat is same garbage he was in CLE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

This is why nfl ratings are down...because basically nobody can even compete with ne...the league is just weak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Steelers never had an explosive offense ,even when they won 2 sbs with Ben.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    We did already beat one of those other 7-2 teams, mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The Steelers could win every game 56-0 this season and I would still be worried about playing the Patriots. Brady/Belichick have eaten the Steelers’ lunch for 17 years, and have beaten better Steelers teams than the current edition.

But it’s silly to let that stop me from enjoying these games in the moment. This is who the Steelers are. They are going to play close to the vest. They are going to look sloppy and inconsistent at times. They are going to call plays that don’t work, they are going to get burned badly in coverage, they are going to miss kicks and incur penalties at the worst times. They are going to do things that all other teams in the NFL do.

But as long as they do those things and win? That is ALL that should matter. They have played 6 out of their first 9 games on the road and are 5-1. That’s a phenomenal record. They’ve beaten 2 first place teams (Minn, Kansas City) with a chance to beat a third on Thursday. Other than NE, the schedule is set up favorably so a chance at a playoff bye is a legitimate possibility.

December 17th will be a real litmus test for this team - but until then, at least enjoy the wins I say.

• Like Like x 1
  16. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    A win is a win to me. It sucks that we didn’t dominate, but we’re 7-2 once it’s all said and done. If we had grabbed the W against Chicago early in the season, I’m equally as ecstatic.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I picked the Bears to win when the schedule arrived in April. I also predicted the Titans to win, given the Steelers history against sub-par teams. The Titans are much better than I anticipated and much better than the Colts. The Steelers offense will have to be consistent on Thursday, or this game could get out of hand quickly like the Jags game. Titans have good RBs and Mariota keeps improving. Plus, the Titans D is no slouch with LeBeau at the helm.

18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Fans want wins like the Patriots and Saints had yesterday. They want royal beat downs, it helps them brag.

1 point win, 1 point loss, 40 point win, 40 point loss.

It all counts the same in the standings. It's not college football, where you got to beat bad teams into submission, to move up the rankings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    You have no objectivity, all your post are the same doomsday crap. Plus the Steelers have played six road games already and won 5, they have 5 more home games and your predicting 1 more win? I bet you wouldn't put your money where your mouth is.

20. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    That Bengals win was really impressive yesterday, not.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Well. If I'm right and the Steelers underachieve as usual, there's gonna be lots of whining on this message board around 11pm on Thursday.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Their coach also left. If the fire-Tomlin crowd gets their way, then our chance of duplicating Denver’s fate increases.

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I said it wouldn't surprise me if they went 8-8 seeing how they've under-performed this year on offense. I can't remember but I think I predicted anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6 before preseason started. This team is blessed with talent, but falls short on their potential every week. The inconsistency on offense is a trend, not a one or two-time occurrence. The Steelers should start peaking in late November/early December... but I'd wager they won't ever "peak." We're gonna see the same thing every week from here on out.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I was wondering where my crystal ball went. Lol.

It must be pretty sad to be a fan of a team as good as the Steelers and have such a negative outlook all the time.

Speaking of depressing, try reading some of your own posts.

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Just keeping it real, man. I don't wear the rose-colored glasses. I call it like it is.