1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

After 10 weeks, which teams are for real and which teams are pretenders?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Nov 12, 2017.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    And which are the Steelers?

New England - for real
    Kansas City - pretenders
    Pittsburgh - I am not sure. The talent is there to be for real. But I do not see the IT factor like I see in Philly and New Orleans.
    Tennessee - pretenders
    Jacksonville- I am leaning towards for real.
    Buffalo - pretenders and yes they are the current 6th seed in the AFC.

Philly - for real
    Rams - pretenders
    Minnesota - for real, maybe?
    New Orleans - for real
    Carolina - pretenders
    Seattle - pretenders with no running game and secondary injuries.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Rams look pretty real to me.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Whichever team that gets the #1 seed in AFC will go to the Sb...The rest are ptetenders....NFC are all pretenders...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Pretty sure one of these teams wins SB, STEELERS, KC, NE, Rams, NO, and Philly.

STEELERS are a playoff team but I have strange feeling Jacksonville or Tenn. will beat them in the Burgh in playoff game. Bad hunch I hope!!!!

5. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    You must haven't been watching the Rams this year, i think their one of the favorites in the nfc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Lots of people calling KC soft ...I fully disagree. ...I honestly think they are the ONLY team that can go to ne in Jan and win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Yeah but they gotta play phi/ no ....I think they will lose both of those then like finish 8-8...

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    * Cracks knuckles.

You asked. I shall answer the best I can! Let us start with the AFC.

AFC (Contenders) :

New England:

So long as Brady and Belichick reside in Foxboro, this is not likely to change as they are the best in the AFC. Within the same vein, this version looks and feels weaker than they were last season. Add the fact that Brady is getting hit more than ever before and there is a good chance that we might just see some kinks in his body as this season rolls on.

Jacksonville:

Since 2015, Jacksonville has undergone a monstrous mutation to become it is today. Leonard Fournette and Cam Robinson did not make things any easier for the AFC. As I stated about them after they dismantled the Steelers, the conference has been put officially on notice. For my money, this is a defense that not even Brady would enjoy doing battle with should they win the AFC South.

Pittsburgh:

The red zone finally showed up today but consistency needs to improve across the board. More sound fundementals, discipline and intensity. Should this be the case for the remainder of the season then Pittsburgh will reach the stairway.

Kansas City:

This team can still do something not even Pittsburgh can do: best New England. Until proven otherwise, this is the official kryptonite of the Patriots.

Tennessee:

Marcus needs to be more consistent but all the pieces are there to win the division. Should they beat Jacksonville in the final week, the running game of both Murray and Henry will cause some issues for the AFC.

AFC (Pretenders):

Oakland:

Their schedule is way too brutal. Even before that, they were consistently inconsistent. Two more losses and they can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Buffalo:

Sean McDermott is going to be a great coach. Currently though he does not have enough firepower offensively to achieve this. He also needs a couple more pieces defensively. Until that happens, they might finish even at .500.

Now onto the NFC.

NFC (Contenders):

Los Angeles:

Getting it done offensively has been the theme with this team thus far. Their defense, however, is something has caught my eyes; holding opponents under 20 points in their last four. They have a tough final seven ahead; five of them being against teams such as New Orleans and Philadelphia. As it stands currently though, Los Angeles has been steam rolling the conference and, should that continue, it will be interesting to see which team can down them.

Minnesota:

Good defense? Check. Solid Quarterback play by your third string? Check? A good looking schedule for the final seven? Check. Is this the year that Minnesota finally wins a playoff game in a long time? I personally think so. They may not get far in the playoffs but they have the personnel to cause some damage.

Philidelphia:

While many have jumped on "Wentzlyvania", that run defense will be the key for this team as stopping the run this late in the season is key. Add the fact that the running game receieved a boost in Jay Ajayi and Philadelphia will be "flying high" come January.

New Orleans:

I understand that is going to sound brash... but this may be the best team in the NFL. I really cannot think of a major weakness for this team. Sure, for today, Drew had an off game by his standards but now that he has a running game and a defense (who would have thought that?), Drew Brees does not need to undergo the transformation into "Super Drew". Outside of Los Angeles, this team of all teams in the contenders category, has the best shot to go 14-2.

Pretenders:

Atlanta:

The proverbial "Super Bowl Hangover" has reared its ugly head for the Falcons. While they did win today and could get into the playoffs, they will more than likely be one and done.

Packers:

They have the coach and the "team". They do not have Aaron Rodgers. They did win today but I do not believe that they will reach the playoffs.

Dallas:

Unlike Pittsburgh and, as we saw, without Tyron Smith, it does not matter who is running the ball as Dallas' offensive line depth is not very good. Within the same vein though, attempting to replace a future Hall of Fame caliber left tackle is a tall order but an order that must be taken.

Well, that is it for me. Wanted to add Seattle but not sure what category they will be in currently.

• Like Like x 1
  9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    KC is for real, the Steelers have their number recently but that can change at any time..and that does not apply to the rest of the AFC.

I have not seen the Rams play extensively but it seems they are for real. Fisher going fishing seems to have worked wonders...

10. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    done.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    09000d5d80a96826_video_cp.jpg ALL it takes is 1 NASTY HIT on this guy...

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I frickin love love Derek Wolfe for Denver, I hope the wolf hunts tonight....

13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    Pats will win by 8 tds tonite ,let's just hope brady to take the beating of his life

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    8 TDs what are you institutional?? yea maybe if they, oh I don't know, interfere with the other teams communications and filmed their practices or something like that, but come on, lets not get crazy. That's like saying MLB pitchers mess with the game balls... utter lunancy. Come on that doesn't happen in professional sports....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben isn't even playing like a top 20 QB. Pretender.

This offense isn't good enough to win a SB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Justin Simmons will pick off Brady tonight to keep it within at least 3 scores lol

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Pretty much agree except I think the Rams are for real. I think the NFC has more good teams and probably have edge over AFC in SB. The three AFC SB contenders for real: Patriots are flawed this year. We have talent, but can we play up to our potential? KC is just very solid, not great. Could be Eagles or N.O. year IMO.

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My fear is a PA Superbowl. Wentz might carve us up.

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The Rams may be for real, but being from the St. Louis area I am hoping they fall on their face. The thing I like about the Steelers is they have not played their best football yet. So the best is yet to come or currently they are doing it with mirrors. Why are teams like the Rams, Saints, Eagles, and even the Vikings putting up 30 points fairly regularly, yet the Steelers offense struggles to get 20?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The only team I care about is pretending right now. They are not legit and can't be taken seriously until they can play up to potential on a consistent basis.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

I am going to take a wild guess and answer your question about why Steelers always struggle to score , maybe because steelers take way too much pride in their defense and evertime people talk about
    The Steelers of the past they think their Defense. ..Look at terry Bradshaw, he is 4-0 in sbs yet they never talk about him as one of the greatest of all time,because everyone says Defense won those sbs...samething with guys like troy polamalu ,James harrison etc etc .

Signed a non steelers fan

22. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017
    CBS today called this Rams offense the best since the greatest show on turf ..

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have not seen too many of the other playoff teams in NFC.

Steelers are not playing to their potential. It is a shame. Now injuries

have hit the Steelers where they really lack talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    We don't fare very well against the wide-9 technique of their pass rushers either. Philly is not a matchup I'd want to see in the super bowl.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very true, unfortunate our coaching staff can't come up with something to combat that formation?