1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers '08, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I’m watching Sunday night football and the Patriots seem to be rounding into their regular form. So much for the Patriots looking like they had deficiencies. I’ve seen some other Patriots games and they did look like they weren’t up to the norm. We’re both going to be 7-2 tied for the AFC best record. At this juncture of the season who looks like the better team?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    You have to ask?

We look like we either don't care or are woefully out of our depth. They look like a solid football team.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Teams always seem to shoot themselves in the foot against the Patriots. Muffed punt and kick return. Game was over before it started. It's like Saban and Alabama. It's like these players listen to ESPN 24/7 and think they are unbeatable. Belicheat isn't playing and fielding mediocre talent. I swear it's all mental.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Broncos plain suck, pats are beatable .

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    We will blow the cheats out in week 15 and in January. Too many offensive weapons.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Yep, those offensive weapons sure showed the Colts today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Broncos have lost 5 out of their last 6 games so the Pats game isn't too much of a surprise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Happy for the win along with the six others, although it sure looks like teams like the Pats, Rams, Saints, etc. are blowing out these inferior teams even IF they're on the road. Don't care about blowouts, per se, but it would be nice to know the capability was there. Maybe the best is still to be seen, but it was at least nice to see the Steelers rise up with 17 unanswered to end the game. In the meantime, keep doing enough to beat the opponent in front of you, and don't worry about the rest!

9. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    My main concern is the mental makeup of this team. They seem to always play to the level of the opponent. Everyone has a trap game now and then but I feel that every game is a nail biter despite playing against inferior talent. The larger concern however is a team that looks arrogant, ignorant, and unfocused. Just feel this team is loaded with a lot of personality and not exactly in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Broncos are basically just a punching bag this yr.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Also this year we have a defense unlike the last couple years. We have to switch it up though. We can’t play straight up zone. We need to disguise man as well.

12. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Yes I have to ask, because the Pats should of lost to the Jets. Just like we almost lost to the Colts. Plus they got pummeled by the Chiefs and we beat them in Kansas City!

13. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Your question was who looks like the better team. The answer is obvious. Not only does NE look like the better team, they also have our number. Head to head, they ARE the favorite.

14. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    The difference between us and the Patriots is the Patriots have the best head coach of all time who motivates and gets the best out of the players he has. Our mediocre head coach and coaching staff can't compare.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yesterday, those offensive weapons seemed like one of my old cars. It starts out coughing and sputtering for a while and then finally gets warmed up and runs fairly well.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Who looks better at this current time?

For me? Neither.

Yesterday's big win against Denver really did not change my outlook on that game anyway as I knew New England was going to win this time. Pittsburgh showed me something yesterday I had not seen since the "Six Pack" season in 2008; whatever it takes.

Great teams find ways to win even when things do not work out in one's favor. Yesterday's game was an illustration of that.

That being said, neither team has been truly challenged to this point to go beyond its limits. That will happen on December 17th when New England visits Pittsburgh. Only then will we find out who reigns supreme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Patsy's destroy the Broncos. Steelers would have either lost against the Broncos or won on last second FG.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The Broncos lost at home to the Giants. Yes, the Giants. Last night was a foregone conclusion weeks ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The Patriots look way better than they did early in the year, but... the Broncos are absolute and utter garbage right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If the Steelers keep playing like they did vs. the Colts, the Patriots will destroy them. Period.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Denver has fallen from grace and fast. I'm not surprised at all the Patriots destroyed them.

Bad part is I was thinking the Bills might have turned it around, to give the Pats some games.

After watching the Saints utterly destroy them at home, I lost all hope.

We better plan on winning all our remaining games, and hope we beat the Pats.

They might no lose another regular season game this year.

22. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And if the patsies play like they did against the panthers and lost at home , same applies to them....

• Like Like x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Difference is... the Patriots WILL NOT play like they did vs. Panthers. They actually adjust and make improvements.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Patriots look real good right now. Must get pressure on Brady with 4 man rush and play man but with Haden's injury we will see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. InBenWeTrust

InBenWeTrust Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1