1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TODD HALEY OUCH!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Nov 12, 2017.

1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Man ,does this guy's play calling /offensive game plan leave much to be desired?....Wth

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yeah He sucks

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It does for sure...

4. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    While I agree, generally, I don't really see playcalling being a problem today.

AB dropped a deep pass in the first half, Ben was otherwise spraying the ball all over in the first half, and Bell had no room to run. None of that was Haley's fault.

Haley sucks but the plan today seemed pretty reasonable.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    More than likely when Ben leaves, so does Haley.

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Fichtner can tag along too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Who will be the replacement?

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Those reverses and WR bubble screens :facepalm:

9. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I know they were seeing if MB has anything left to contribute. BUT the call for the deep ball at the start of the game was terrible. Ben’s lost some of his touch on those go routes. The INT was a HUGE momentum builder for the Colts...it gave them confidence and got their fans riled up. Hence we ended up in a dogfight when talent says we should have won by at least 10.

This team moving forward should follow the Patriot model. Dink and dunk with AB and Ju-Ju and Bell and watch those YACS start filling the stat sheet and watch our team play good ball control O and wear out the D.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    More like Bill Walsh and the 49ers I would think but I could be wrong...Or am I just sick of giving the cheatriots credit for everything that is successful in the nfl?

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Tomlin holds onto assistant coaches way too long. Remember Bill Cowher used to sacrifice one every year.

12. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Hollywood....what happened to crossing patters..?..getting the ball in your playmakers hands and let them get yards after catch..What happened to throwing bell the ball in space? What happened to getting the ball to the tight end?They did this some today,mainly at the end but you have to game plan for this ,and that falls on Haley

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I thought this was going to be about his Bad Lipreading performance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. Part of the reason Bell didn't have much room to run was the predictable offense.

15. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    @ 7-2 I have no complaints.

A future HOF qb @ 50% worries me more than the OC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Not sure.

Assuming Hue Jackson is fired from Cleveland, I would take him in a heart beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

More like inefficient blocking.

Much of those plays were called quite good actually. The execution is what made the play calls look bad.

Within the same vein, once again, a lack of Roosevelt Nix is really starting to wear out its welcome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm kinda curious how Gus Malzahn would do if he made a jump to the pros.

If not him, then Joe Moorhead from Penn State as OC and Todd Fitch as WR coach to replace the retired Richard Mann.

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Those reverse WR runs are god awful. They are even worse than the WR screens. IMHO Eli Rodgers didn't make the first down, and only by sheer effort he was lucky to get as far as he did.

I think the biggest indictment on Haley is AB only got 3 receptions for 47 yards????

We can all see he was getting bracketed, and the safeties were sitting deep to take away the long passes. You MUST move AB around to get him open. Send him on underneath drag routes or quick slants. You are not going to set up the deep pass by running the ball when the box was stacked.

A WR of AB's caliber shouldn't be shut out like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    could you send a link to Haley, and then maybe, maybe he will forward that to the interns doing the game planning.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Oh man, who was he yelling at on the one play?

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fichtner was talking to Ben on a TO late yesterday's game, Ben completely ignored him

much like he does Todd Haley. Ben has had enough of those 2 and Tomlin. It really is time

to move on from all four.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    How long would nick saban put up with poor assistant coaching, not for long:

Alabama was ahead by 28 points. There was less than a minute left. The game was essentially over. And, still, Saban was furious. Afterward, he called the team’s play "embarrassing." He said it was perhaps the most disappointing win he’d ever been a part of -- and we’re talking about a career that spans four decades.

Before you attribute this to theatrics, to manufactured drama, take a second to account for Kiffin’s reaction to the tirade Saban unleashed on him. He wasn’t surprised. He didn’t shout back. He stared straight ahead, put his hands on his hips and took it. He’d been there before. He knew the deal as soon as Western Kentucky took advantage of a fumble, turning it into its only touchdown of the day. Kiffin, by proxy, had sullied an otherwise impeccable defensive performance and had to pay.

"That’s bad football," Saban said. "That’s not the kind of football we want to play here."

• Like Like x 1
  24. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Same here, I'm not a professional lip reader..... but, it looked pretty clear to me.

25. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Todd needs his mouth washed out with soap :lolol: