1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No more Celebrating

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Nov 12, 2017.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I talk this and that about Ben and Dobbs , but what I really can't stand is celebrating when playing poorly . With the effort these guys have showed against poor Teams I would implement the no celebrating rule until you double the point spread.

This Team was down against a crappy Team and acting like they are all that . If they want to act like that then show up and beat the Team down and then they can strike a pose .

If I was the Coach I would bench anyone who wanted to celebrate while playing like crap . Watching that and Ben's poor play is making me very angry. I think the players and the Coaches should have more respect for the fans than this.

To me it seems they value a play here and there more than their overall play. Just stop it and play some better football.

The dang 49rs. even lit up the scoreboard today , it is just really frustrating .

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunately, that is the way the world is with young people. Probably what my grand parents thought about my generation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    JuJu wanted to celebrate when Bryant got that 2 point conversion, Bryant wasn't interested. Also after Shazier got the int these idiots in the endzone posing for a pic, they were still losing at this point.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'd be more upset if they lost for sure but that Int was huge.

I wish they would focus more on the big picture though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steven Leonard

Steven Leonard Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Who cares let them celebrate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

You'll care when the ref decides to throw a flag. I was about to say the same about the Shazer Int....why the F were they celebrating that? Could've gotten a flag for that one and lose 15 yards for being idiots.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Big play fine.Run off the field celebrate with your Offensive mates verbally on the way by . Don't waste the momentum in taking a picture . Take pride in getting the ball for your Offensive mates . That's the picture I would like to see.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The stuff that bothers fans. They are 7-2 and we have a post angry about celebrating.

Even Belichick doesnt go that far as to implement a rule like that.

Its not like they were down by 40 points and celebrating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Want to act like an a$$ then do it while you're raising the trophy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have had 9-1 Teams that won , but never played good ball. Actually 3 of them I think .All those Teams got bounced early in the playoffs .

I see that for this Team at this point winning , but playing poorly.

11. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Why celebrate for doing your job? Do your job, pat each other on the back and get ready for the next play.

Funny story about celebrations. When Lou Holtz was coaching ND, they were having a problem with players taking off their helmets for the camera after a good play. So Holtz tells them go ahead a take off your helmets after a good play, but make sure to take off your helmets when you don’t make a good play, miss an assignment, etc. I want everybody to see the person not doing their job, as well. Long story short...problem solved.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If they lose, it wont have a damn thing to do with celebrating.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I am happy for the wins, but I think the consistent poor play catches up with us at some point. Hopefully I am wrong and/or they snap out of the funk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I am offended personally by the offensive offended opinions of PWP's post about us "Millennial Whipper Snappers".

Self importance within an era that is personified, defined and subjugated by such?!!

I'm quite offended!!!
    :shrug::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It pisses me off only when it is something like Mitchell celebrating a big hit after the guy got a first down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Guess the Ju Ju celebration was a re-enactment of AJ Green choking Ramsey. I give that one 2 thumbs up!

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That JuJu and Bell celebration mocking the AJ Green fight with Ramsey was dumb, if that's the best you can come up with then don't bother.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

With due respect PWP, that was not intended to be taken as a compliment.

My generation's thirst for self importance through any means necessary is what I was getting at. These things happen all the time nowadays league wide.

So long as they do not cost us games, I am okay with it.

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No doubt while as a Team you are getting choke slammed by a bottom dweller. A team with this much fire Power and they can't blow out the JV Team. In HS after a game like this the bu's would get the start on my watch .

What did the Coach say on Remember The Titans .You want to act like a star then give me a star Effort . We have a Team full of Pete's and they need dealt with .

20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I know and is exactly my point. I have never seen a under achieving squad with long term success . A lesson that will be learned by this Team one way or another . I would much rather they learn it now, the earlier the better .

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

The issue is that it is a generation wide issue.

Not even Bill Belichick is going to corral this level of self importance. Self discipline is not as prominent any more.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You're quite the stick in the mud, bet you're great at parties. LOL!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of the over the top celebrations but if the league allows it it's going to happen. What bugs me is that the Steelers seem to spend more time preparing for TD celebrations than they do their actual gameplan. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 6
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    All the teams are doing it. I saw a team doing leap frogs over one another today :lolol:

25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yep. It's getting stupid.